Diablo® III

Follow-Up Points

(Locked)

what about this pack??

https://images.nonexiste.net/popular/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Every-elite-pack-on-Inferno-mode-in-Diablo-3.jpeg
It's great to see blue be proactive about addressing some issues posted in the forums... but none of these issues are critical to actually fixing the game and stopping or at least slowing the loss of players at the moment. I would love to see some kind of update or follow up to what Bashiok posted earlier regarding the developers "working on something" that will address the games lack of replay value once you max out.

What's more important? Updating us on the petty stuff most of which "you have no plans to fix" or updating us on the main issue that everyone (even blue) agrees that the game needs? Multiple endgame fixes to keep players going. I hope you guys realize what's more important here because time is running out!!! :(
OP:

By your logic, you nerfed IAS because you saw it in every build. The same thing is happening with crit % and crit % dmg builds. The other reasoning for nerfing IAS was it was causing bugs. I'm just putting 2 and 2 together...
Edited by Sanjan#1708 on 7/16/2012 4:57 PM PDT

3) Why aren't monster affix combinations restricted in some way?

Monster affixes are actually grouped into categories and then restricted based on those categories (to a degree). Our restrictions aren't as tight as some players have suggested, but in the end we found that adding extra limitations often made Elite pack encounters very predictable and repetitive, which kind of went against our design goal for these types of monsters.

We know that not all players will see eye-to-eye with us on how these categories are organized, and we expect some criticism and disagreement, especially from such a passionate group of gamers. While we're happy with where affix combos are right now, we're open to feedback and especially constructive discussion. :)

Here are the categories:

Understandable annoyance, but no plans at this time to add in an option. Still good feedback!

This is probably the biggest complaint about inferno. Even before the big 1.03 nerf to inferno, I felt the mobs themselves were doable, while the champs were just insane.

If you want to keep the affixes varied at least LIMIT THE TIME BETWEEN JAILS AND ARCANE SENTRIES please. If you're roflstomping the act and have a single champ pack bring the game to a screeching halt something is very wrong.

What about getting rid of enrage timers for affixes shielding, extra health, and the like? Seriously though, not a single person playing this game likes the enrage timers.
90 Worgen Death Knight
The enrage timers for the elite packs are lame. Get rid of them.

The enrage timers for bosses are too short. They need to be extended a bit. Just a bit, not a whole lot.

** http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079707996?page=33#660 **
90 Worgen Death Knight
I can say one thing...for each new Act (that hasn't been farmed over and over again by a person), there actually are about 5 or so new events in the open zones that I find to be pretty neat. Fluff for achievements, but still...new and kinda challenging at times. If they wanna "go stealth" and add stuff to the game (instead of making elites harder and GOOD loot drop less), this is the way to go.

** http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079707996?page=33#660 **
90 Worgen Death Knight
Bumping back into existence.
Hey you know what's fun? When a pack with native knockback has vortex. How about you guys fix that, since your categorization clearly suggests that even you admit vortex and knockback should not be on the same enemy.
90 Worgen Death Knight
That would be like them not letting a native Fast enemy have the Fast affix. They're too lazy to make that change. PROVE ME WRONG, BLIZZ.
know what else is ridiculous? Fast nightmarish on already-fast mobs.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Personally, I'm getting tired of seeing Arcane Enchanted and Nightmarish. Those affixes appear on literally 75% of the elite packs I run into...and it's just getting stupid.
So.. how will pvp work?
hitt(30k) - hitt(30k) - hitt (30k) - CRITT(200k oneshot)

I guess pvp in this game wont take any skills at all? Just run around untill u critt. Seems fun. or? :D
I love Lil's comment about the IAS nerf...if they are really so concerned about limiting build diversity then why don't they fix the broken mechanics like Barbarian fury generation (Leap and Stomp DO NOT GENERATE ANY FURY) that is currently limiting build diversity..other classes have similar issues...hang on cant have that...it could mean having a bit more fun. I feel this is just another piece of Blizz spin to suit their own purposes to nerf anything that could be considered fun..
Edited by Oldbugga#1491 on 7/17/2012 3:13 PM PDT
90 Worgen Death Knight
07/17/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Oldbugga
I love Lil's comment about the IAS nerf...if they are really so concerned about limiting build diversity then why don't they fix the broken mechanics like Barbarian fury generation (Leap and Stomp DO NOT GENERATE ANY FURY) that is currently limiting build diversity..other classes have similar issues...hang on cant have that...it could mean having a bit more fun. I feel this is just another piece of Blizz spin to suit their own purposes to nerf anything that could be considered fun..

Amen, brotha.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]