Diablo® III

Follow-Up Points

(Locked)

Community Manager
07/10/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Loomies
Any updates on more than 3 search affixes on the AH?

No updates to share right now, but we do understand that this is something players would like to see in the future. It's definitely feedback that we have relayed, but we just don't have any new information to share about the auction house UI at this moment.
07/10/2012 06:01 PMPosted by eric
so now everybody stacks crit because it is too good to neglect. You really should tone it down or boost IAS a tad. As of right now it makes no sense to not have crit on everything which was the case with IAS.
except that you can beat the game without it at all and you can also stack a combination of the two, really there just needs to be more options and expirementation with things like thorns and bleed.
But i've seen frozen jailer vortex X tons of times
2) So, when are you going to nerf Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage affixes?

We've no plans to nerf +Crit Chance or +Crit Damage. While +Crit Chance and +Crit Damage are very strong right now, there's nothing inherently wrong with something being strong. As mentioned above, players doing too much damage is not enough reason for us to bring out the nerf bat. Neither affix is having a negative impact on build diversity (we're seeing a pretty good balance overall), and there aren't any technical issues with them being stacked to higher values. It's something we're keeping an eye on of course.

This right here is what's wrong with your game. You justify nerfing IAS and use the opposite argument to justify crit damage and %. Thinking it's not affecting spec is so ridiculously ignorant. No technical issues you say? 3 shotting bosses or elite mobs isn't a technical issue?

Moronic.

I simply cannot believe anyone can even remotely think that IAS was bad and stacking crit % and damage is okay. No one can be that naive.
Edited by ThePackage#1388 on 7/10/2012 6:06 PM PDT
The ability to duel, not just in arenas. We need hostility mode BUT make it so both players must be hostile to initiate combat. Please do not overlook this amazing feature of Diablo.
#1. This is probably fixed now but was wondering about the EXP shrines in Inferno. Pretty pointless. I haven't seen one in a while so guessing that was fixed.

#2. Clicking on the healer person will automatically heal without clicking on "Receive Blessing"
-Reason : The person doesn't have any other interaction / items to sell / lore to say... There is no reason that it shouldn't work like in Diablo II, where just clicking on the NPC would heal automatically.

#3. Curious about Reflect Damage. Is reflect damage where you want it to be? I know I can beat it but I believe you wanted players to be able to play how they wanted. "Kiting" "Tanking" what ever they wanted to play as. Also I remember IAS was nerfed because it was a stat that everyone was "Forced" to have. Doesn't Reflect Damage mobs for the most part FORCE a player to get LOH/LS? Just curious if you're going to bump down the numbers for reflect at all. With really good DPS I 1-shot myself all the time... even with 800 LOH
We waited five days for this? -_-
If you have no plans to implement a queuing system for the Gem Crafter, would it be possible to remove the 'time' it takes to combine gems? It's really sort of annoying to have to sit in game for 10 minutes just combining gems. The fast paced game that this is supposed to be becomes inherently slower because of all of these 'timers' that have been implemented into the game, i.e. town portal, gem combining, blacksmith crafting, identifying, resurrection timers, etc...
Edited by EIDOLON#1772 on 7/10/2012 6:08 PM PDT
Love when blues drive the nails into their own coffins.
Hello and thanks for the updates. Any word on some anti-spam measures for the in game chat channels?
There really isn't much new information here and as some have pointed out, Vortex and nightmarish combinations exist, so something is wrong there.

How about giving us some insight into the design philosophy of having inferno drop below level 60 gear. Nothing is more discouraging than spending a couple of hours playing the game to come out with a bag full of level 51-59 crap. Most of the 60-63 gear I seem to find is crap as well so why allow loot to drop that is so far below the the current difficulty of the zone?

When will we see a design preview for 1.04 as well and what plans are in store for the game going forward.
Edited by twenty5six#1611 on 7/10/2012 6:13 PM PDT
One of the worst combos i had was in the sewers of Caldeum in a 4 player game was: Plague, Molten, Desecrator, Arcane Enchanted. They were snakes too so they would go invis and fill the sewer with aoe. Entire team ragequit after playing together for 2 hours, we couldn't even run past them because they were outside the ladder to Adria.
I love how frozen and jailer are categorized under "aggressive" like devs don't even know what they do.

I have no comment to the other points, I do believe there will be much stronger outrage on those.
I just realized that they have Jailor, Frozen, and Waller in the Aggressive category instead of the CC category.

..........LOL
2) So, when are you going to nerf Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage affixes?

We've no plans to nerf +Crit Chance or +Crit Damage. While +Crit Chance and +Crit Damage are very strong right now, there's nothing inherently wrong with something being strong. As mentioned above, players doing too much damage is not enough reason for us to bring out the nerf bat. Neither affix is having a negative impact on build diversity (we're seeing a pretty good balance overall), and there aren't any technical issues with them being stacked to higher values. It's something we're keeping an eye on of course.

This right here is what's wrong with your game. You justify nerfing IAS and use the opposite argument to justify crit damage and %. Thinking it's not affecting spec is so ridiculously ignorant. No technical issues you say? 3 shotting bosses or elite mobs isn't a technical issue?

Moronic.

Actually I have to agree a little because IAS by itself was a good stat overriding most other stats. For crit chance to work, you need crit damage, and vice versa. It's not a 100% thing, and you do not get to do 100% crits even at 46% crit chance. IAS by itself was good, it didn't need anything else to balance it up.

As for 3 shotting, you're probably referring to those expensive builds from athene and co right? Realistically most people won't be able to amass that much gold for that kind of build. :(
Can someone tell me how stacking IAS somehow made it possible for you to kill bosses in under a second?

Oh wait....that's only with crit % and damage.

Yep....totally fine.
Any plans to raise the leveling cap? (I understand that since gaining experience is relative to the monster's level you are fighting this may take time). I just miss leveling to 99 so much and doing so would let me focus less on gear.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]