DISCLAIMER: These are my opinions and observations of Inferno elite/champion affixes. While some players who spend more time playing D3 (haha) than I or most average players on Inferno would disagree, I am merely stating my observations and I know for a fact that they can seem biased or flawed. I would prefer it if people actually posted something construtive towards my suggestions instead of "u failz!1."

I'll try to keep this short, simple, and to the point. Based on the CM response to a particular topic, I believe it would be a better design practice to split off the third list of affixes into two different lists:

Aggressive

Aggressive CC (Limit 1)
  • Fast
  • Jailer
  • Waller
  • Teleporter
  • Frozen
  • Aggressive Damage (Limit 1)
  • Fire Chains
  • Desecrator
  • Electrified
  • Mortar
  • Molten
  • Plagued
  • Reflect Damage
  • The reasoning behind my suggestion is that some things are (seemingly) redundant IE: Molten and Plague, Jailer and Frozen.

If you look at the original third list, at least 3 CC abilities (Frozen, Jailer, and Waller) prevent or alter movement and attack positioning while 2 of them (Plague and Molten) provide close range damage over time.

Because of the original third lists' lack of limits and grouping of the various effects, I believe that this is one of the reasons why Inferno seems to have a fluctuating difficulty in regards to it's elite/champion packs: redundant affixes.

By splitting up the original third list known as "Aggressive" into two different lists, I believe that this can actually make the difficulty curve of the elite/champion packs to be more stable. Since each list is limited to 1 ability, you would see more elites and champions that won't look like a bad roll and force players to restart or skip areas.
    Edited by RayDawg#1278 on 7/10/2012 7:33 PM PDT