Diablo® III

What was your first computer game?

Manic Miner on the BBC Micro in 1983... started my love of computer gaming.

Other memorable games... Elite on ZX Spectrum, and Dungeon Master on Atari ST.

Why were games so much more fun back then... is it just a romantic idea of childhood, or was it because the technology was so new and exciting? Are we all just spoiled in these days of big budget, movie-like games? /sighhhhhhh :)
Reply Quote
World of Warcraft
Reply Quote
It was something on a TRS-80 provided by my mid-school to improve typing skills. '78 or '79 I believe. If you typed the right thing, in the right amount of time, you were rewarded with simple scrolling animations and a higher difficulty level...

My first "real" computer game was text based on an Apple 2e which we loaded via tape drive. Something about pirates who incessantly "chortled".
Reply Quote
Warcraft 2. I was only 7 or 8 but I loved that game. I managed to beat the original campaigns but I never could beat the expansion campaigns.
Reply Quote
Worm on the Trash-80.
Reply Quote
first game, donkey kong for coleco, was my first console first pc game would have to be ultima.
mmo was ultima online
Reply Quote
Yukon trail and Magic Carpet would have to be my 1st
Reply Quote
Rambo, V,=on ZX Spectrum 48K Defender of the Crown,Commando= on Commodore 64/128, Ports of Call =on Amiga 500&1200, Boulder Dash on PC 8086 8 MHz my first games on computers
Edited by GregerW#2209 on 7/26/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Daggerfall, haven't looked at consoles the same way ever since.
Reply Quote
The first pc game I played is : Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes of the Lance
Before that I played games on the Atari 2600 and in Arcades.
Reply Quote
Prince of Persia
Heretic
Reply Quote
Hmm..

I remember the Sierra/Dynamic ACES! flying sim series in DOS/3.0 - I assume this is the oldest game I had because it booted from a 5 1/4" floppy. Then again I remember my dad's friend giving me a 3 1/2" disk that, to this day, probably the ties amongst the best things I've ever received as a gift..

Carmageddon
All the Microsoft Encarta minigames
Myst
Doom
Oregon Trail
Wolfenstein

I think my first purchase, however, was Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans.
Edited by Joust#1207 on 7/28/2012 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Chips Challenge, Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, Outlive, (Having almost same concept as SC), WC2, Operation Flashpoint, Daggerfall. That was about errr 11-12 years ago. Thanks microsoft for your windows 98
Baldur's gate - BioWare.. well pretty good company, successful one. Mass effect? (srsly it's BioWare > EA at this point)
Operation Flashpoint - Bohemia ..ARMA 2? they're kinda good
Daggerfall - Who doesn't know? IT'S 2ND ELDER SCROLL if someone doesn't know..and still..srsly. Bethesda? ofc they're success fallout series, TES win.
WC2 - Blizzard.. Woopsie... "You cannot defeat your own terror~" - Jay Wilson [joke]
Edited by ramses#6840 on 7/29/2012 5:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow, just looking at the first page of posts I feel old, I think my first game was Pong or Space Invaders...back then my dad wouldn't let me play the computer until I had got my multiplications correct i think, and though I was crap at this he did relent and switch it to spelling and reading lol

@Neillien, Elite...what a classic! Only ever made it to Dangerous I think :p
Edited by Sparhawke#2895 on 7/29/2012 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a feeling that my "first" game was one of those titles where you went room to room in a dungeon setting answering questions but the first one I remember playing was one called shadow caster. I think I was 8 or so when my family got in in 93

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowcaster
Reply Quote
If I remember right. My first one was Age of Empires 2 (pre-expansion), can't remember anything before that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]