Diablo® III

What was your first computer game?

Either pong or one those stand up black and white arcade games. Can't recall which tbh. All I know it was in the 70s lol. First actual computer was vic 20 I bought for my nephew then subsequently took back until I got a c-64. Man, I still recall that blender like sound of the tape drive and havin to type out code to play a terrible lookin Joust rip off at home.
Edited by fixit#1698 on 7/31/2012 3:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
First home computer game was Hungry Horace on the Sinclair Spectrum, c. November 1982. It was a Pacman-esque game, but had four different maps, instead of the one in the original Pacman. That started my 30 year (and ongoing) love affair with gaming.

I'd played Pong on a Binatone and Pacman/Space Invaders in arcades before that, but Horace was the first one that I owned. I played the crap out of that game.
Reply Quote
Prince of Persia during the monochrome monitor days
Reply Quote
first computer game ever was a script for commodor 64 that played a dice game. It was in a manual for our commodore 64, so I typed it all up and started learning about scripting by modifying the results of rolls and outcomes, and started my love affair for computing languages.

I was like 6. lol.

We also had pole position and kids on keys (a game that helped teach typing).

Sim-ant and f117A Nighthawk were my first PC games on the old 386
Edited by Lostform#1156 on 7/31/2012 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
monkey island
Reply Quote
Manic Miner on the BBC Micro in 1983... started my love of computer gaming.

Other memorable games... Elite on ZX Spectrum, and Dungeon Master on Atari ST.

Why were games so much more fun back then... is it just a romantic idea of childhood, or was it because the technology was so new and exciting? Are we all just spoiled in these days of big budget, movie-like games? /sighhhhhhh :)

Remember when full games would fit on a 720k disk... And we had a blast. I think about this quite often myself, and think we have such fond memories because everything was new and exciting back then.
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
the first computer game I played that was non educational that I really got into was Wolfenstien 3d. Also early on Conan The Cimmerian had to put in a code from inside the instruction book to log get into the game.
Reply Quote
first game i can really remember was called "buggy boy" on the atari ST, which would have been about 1987. had to plug it into the TV if we wanted color, no hard disk only 1.44" floppies
Reply Quote
it was either monkey island 1, wheel of fortune, or family fued. cant remember
Reply Quote
First game oh man... Some terrible sidescrolling shooter. First game on my first home pc was quake: MegaTF. played it at a friends and promptly started saving for my own pc. Snipers with toasters, grapple hooks everywhere. Amazing stuff.
Reply Quote
Ultima VII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQAGNk8XPN4#t=0h1m13s
Edited by TheCulture#1554 on 8/17/2012 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
SimCity 2000.

still have 2 cds.
Reply Quote
Wizardry V!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNbuWrXK1xw&feature=relmfu
Reply Quote
First non-educational computer game for me was prolly Wolfenstein 3D (1992)

~ First game that got me into "hardcore gaming" was the original Starcraft
~ First FPS that got me into playing the genre hardcore was Half-Life (1998 GotY) & later CS for multiplayer
~ First RPG that got me into playing the genre hardcore was Neverwinter Nights (2002). Even though I did play the first Diablo on an old Sega Genesis or Playstation 1 console system, I consider NWN my first for PC
Reply Quote
Wayne Gretzky Hockey 2

This game is so old and use some retarded non standard VGA mode so it doesn't even work anymore on modern PC's, even with DosBox ><
Reply Quote
Gizmo's and Gadgets and Zoo for MS DOS. For noneducational games (although G and G was awesome) Wolfenstein would have to be the oldest.
Edited by Moridin#1903 on 8/20/2012 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 03:26 AMPosted by Oneeyedwilly
Either pong or one those stand up black and white arcade games. Can't recall which tbh. All I know it was in the 70s lol. First actual computer was vic 20 I bought for my nephew then subsequently took back until I got a c-64. Man, I still recall that blender like sound of the tape drive and havin to type out code to play a terrible lookin Joust rip off at home.

LOL I remember my best friend and I typing all of those LONNNNG colums of hex back in the day - fun stuff!

First game C64: Micro League Baseball
Amiga: Mindwalker (Man I would LOVE to see this one redone)
PC: Wing Commander Privateer II and Baseball for Windows Broadcast Blast
Reply Quote
That i can clearly remember is Dungeons of Daggoroth
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]