Diablo® III

[Solution] Launcher stuck for no reason

I have noticed many times over that my Diablo 3 launcher has gotten stuck either at the checking for update stage, launcher initializing stage, or downloading a small 2-4 MB patch stage, all which should obviously take no time at all.

Recent solutions I have found to fix this for me have been:

a) Waiting for several minutes or more for the game to launch on its own
b) Restarting the launcher several times like you're rolling the same D20 down a mountain over and over again
c) Exit the launcher and attempt to disable the agent from task manager

But just tonight I realized that there is one fool-proof solution that has worked every time and takes much less effort!

Step 1: Go to the Diablo III Technical Support Forums
Step 2: Log in to your account and proceed with full intent to open a new thread detailing the same problem that you have been having over and over again.
Step 3: That's it! Before you have a chance to create a new support thread, your launcher client will finish doing whatever it is you were meant to think it was doing, and the game will start!

I don't know if this is some miracle bug fix, or if there's something magical at work here, but I can honestly say this is how I've finally been able to get the game to launch when one of these problems has come up.

You're welcome,

JG
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]