Diablo® III

This game is big enough for the both of you

So I was replaying the Cathedral level and I decided to bring Kormac along. To my surprise, I still had to rescue Kormac and help him slay Jondar and I ended up having two Kormacs following me. To make things even more bizarre, both started talking to each other as if they were two different persons: Follower Kormac even went as far as to state two Templars were better than one.

It's like... what the hell?
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 7/13/2012 7:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Same thing happens with all the followers...

/shrug
Reply Quote
Are you serious? WHAt the !@#$
Reply Quote
Yeah, it's not actually a problem or anything; it's just really weird. Like, why would they do that? It's not funny in a fourth-wall-breaking way and it doesn't provide you with more insight on the followers.
Reply Quote
I think the scoundrel one is comical ;)
Reply Quote
Scoundrel and Templar's conversation with themselves is better than with Enchantress.
Reply Quote
07/14/2012 06:21 AMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
It's not funny in a fourth-wall-breaking way and it doesn't provide you with more insight on the followers.

What? It doesn't break the 4th wall...
From the game perspective, they're just 2 templars... One of them ask the other one what he's doing here, and they talk about how a third templar ( jondar ) betrayed the order.

That thread makes me think, I never got to hear what the scoundrel/enchantress were saying ( templar for life ). Gotta have to try it.
Reply Quote
07/14/2012 09:30 AMPosted by blood
What? It doesn't break the 4th wall...

That's what I said: it's played 100% straight. Hence my confusion.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The followers are essential to the story when you first meet them. You need Kormac to break the barriers around Jondar, you need Lyndon for the scene with the brigands and the farmer's daughter to play out, and you need Eirena to dispel some illusions.

It would break the flow of the game if they weren't there. That left Blizzard with two options: to completely redo those areas for Nightmare/Hell/Inferno, or to have you "recruit" those followers again. The second option was much easier, so they went with that. The comments the followers make when you have two of them in the same place (like "aren't you from the guild?" or "you must be one of my sisters") are just poking fun at the situation.
Reply Quote
I suppose, but wouldn't it have been simpler to just skip the whole introductory event for the followers and temporarily disable the option of dismissing them if they happen to be already following you? Like, instead of having to rescue Kormac from Cultists, have the latters merely be in the middle of summoning a random Elite monster.
Reply Quote
The Enchantress just exclaims, "She looks strangely familiar...".

They really didn't think a lot of things through.
Reply Quote
WOW! These Templars are twin? No way!
Wow! These Scondrels are twin? No way!
Uhh...These Enchantresses are twin? Really? They look different.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]