Diablo® III

The Hero's New Clothes/Naked Lust Achievement

I have been trying at this for quite some time now, and while I have seen many theories and strategies for completing these I have found next to nothing of how to complete it as a Barbarian. It just seems impossible, namely the Butcher and his "Ancient Spear" esque attack. I have tried many builds, and many different ways to approach this, I am beginning to wonder if this is bugged mechanically, or simply too harsh. I can see maybe being able to use a weapon, maybe jewelry? This is not a QQ post by the way I am just really trying hard here but can't find anything on how this is doable (Barbarian). If anyone can aid in this endeavor somehow it would be greatly appreciated, as I'm sure many other Barbarians feel.
Edited by Desblud#1747 on 7/17/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BfaqAZ86Fg

From this thread

http://d3db.com/achievement/i/the-heros-new-clothes

Evidence shows in the vid that you fight with your gear on and as long as you're naked for the killing blow (which your follower can do) then it should work.

Alas I have tried, no go. The vid was posted (apparantly) after patch 1.0.3 so it *should* be current as of the time of writing.

I though maby you have to ENTER the battle naked and can maby put gear on midfight, but no.. in the vid he enters the Belial fight with sheild/armor on.

I've tried it and no go. why its not working. Maby the vid is BS

Edit: additional - The first 3 bosses must be done solo if the posts are to be believed - D doesn't have to be - I have done D myself with a friend in coop.
Edited by cleaner667#1331 on 7/22/2012 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay, I got the heroes new clothes achievement. Here are the rules/notes/tips

You CAN wear gear during the fight, you can be wearing gear as you enter the arena

You MUST NOT hit the boss or any minions while wearing gear (this is where I was failing)

Let your follower do all the damage

Take off all your gear just before the boss dies (for simplicity/logistics sake, only wear 2 or 3 pieces anyway during the fight, preferablly high vit peices)
Reply Quote
Any idea if Thorns are allowed for these type of achievements?
Being a wizard, I can absorb damage with Diamond Skin and Reflect with Storm Armor + Thorns from equipment.
Reply Quote
No, thorns defiantly not allowed. If you get hit thorns will reflect it ana dthat counts as a hit to the boss... This too was one of the things that stopped me getting it too.

Oh yea and with Belial (the hardest to get btw due to the confined fighting space obviously) you must not kill or hit ANY of the snakes during phase 1 & 2 of the belial fight. Just run around and around and let your follower do the work.

This achievement is easily the hardest one to get for me so far.
Edited by cleaner667#1331 on 7/23/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

how about on diablo? you dont have follower fighting diablo
Reply Quote

Diablo is the easiest one to get, just do it with a friend. You can go into the fight naked, die, and let them do all the work. At some point during the fight make sure they get a rez on you and only take it right before Diablo is actually about to die.
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Kupaloidzki

Yes Diablo is a special case, you can do it coop. The others must be done single player
Reply Quote
Word of warning, I just lost my IK belt trying to remove equipment before the kill.
Cydea got me while I was dragging belt to inventory, belt dropped on floor, I died, can't pick it back up while dead and on ressing and coming back into the room it's reset so my belt is gone....lost in the ether :-((

p.s. customer support for this game sucks...every time I try to open a ticket it directs you back to the "we won't restore destroyed items becuase the game is designed to allow you to recover deleted heros and buy back items"....well not in this case blizzard and thee is no "if you res you'll lose your items, can't invite freind to finish her and grab it as it was a boss encounter...
Reply Quote
07/24/2012 01:15 AMPosted by cleaner667

Yes Diablo is a special case, you can do it coop. The others must be done single player

Ah, incorrect. All of them can be done coop. In fact, if you have a friend who can invest maybe 30 mins killing all 5 of them for you it would be easiest.

For myself, I used enchantress with 5.5k dps (except for diablo)

Word of warning, I just lost my IK belt trying to remove equipment before the kill.
Cydea got me while I was dragging belt to inventory, belt dropped on floor, I died, can't pick it back up while dead and on ressing and coming back into the room it's reset so my belt is gone....lost in the ether :-((

p.s. customer support for this game sucks...every time I try to open a ticket it directs you back to the "we won't restore destroyed items becuase the game is designed to allow you to recover deleted heros and buy back items"....well not in this case blizzard and thee is no "if you res you'll lose your items, can't invite freind to finish her and grab it as it was a boss encounter...

that just sucks =( I doubt you'll get it back via customer support though...
Reply Quote
Do these 2 achievements still exist? After Patch 2.0, I can't seem to find them in the Achievements anymore :(
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 01:19 AMPosted by DarkSkull
Do these 2 achievements still exist? After Patch 2.0, I can't seem to find them in the Achievements anymore :(

They are no more.
Both of them are become Achievements in Feats of Strength now.
So you can't do it anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]