Diablo® III

WTF IS A SIN HEART?

seriously. i cant wrap my head around what a SIN HEART is?
i think i space bar spammed through a lot of the talky parts of the game. can somebody fill me in?

is there any lore on what one is or is it just a 'hit this piece of meat a few times to proceed"?
Reply Quote
Actually it is called the Heart of Sin, and this is were you go down the stairways and through the long passage ways to meet up with Azmodan, after you have destroyed the two hearts.
Reply Quote
If you are asking about the things you have to destroy...

Tyrael explains it after you kill the Siegebreaker. The Sin Hearths are daemonic constructs that empower demons around them. Like a buff for a whole army.
Reply Quote
Then why don't enemies get weaker after you destroy them??
Zaah! The plot holes thicken
Reply Quote
Then why don't enemies get weaker after you destroy them??
Zaah! The plot holes thicken

lol
Reply Quote
Just another maguffin on the way to the end of your railroad.

It doesn't actually make any sense (You already smashed the army, why do you need to weaken it more? Not that smashing the sin hearts does anything to the strength of the enemies, anyway) or have any basis in lore.
Reply Quote
Wait so its kinda like ghostbusters 2? they are pumping concentrated evil through the subways and making ICKY MONSTERS appear.
Reply Quote
07/18/2012 12:49 AMPosted by Fivedroids
can somebody fill me in?

i may be wrong, as i'm not especially knowledgeable in Diablo lore, but i believe they are torn from those massive, writhing beings that you can see in the background as you play through that part of the game. occasionally, you'll see a motionless, gray, "dead" one, that has a gaping hole in its chest.

i think what is going on is that these massive beings are tortured perpetually, and then when one of them has experienced enough agony or malice or what-have-you, the heart is torn from it and placed as a magical beacon that broadcasts all of the pain, suffering, anger, hatred, and malice that being felt as it was tortured.
Reply Quote
I was more interested in the giant chained demon things on the way down to the hearts. Are those explained in D2?
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Aylnine
I was more interested in the giant chained demon things on the way down to the hearts. Are those explained in D2?

No.

And they serve no point in D3 except to increase the system requirements and provide a target for Cydaea to make no sense at.
Reply Quote
I liked the giant demonic gimps provided some neat atmosphere.
Reply Quote
i may be wrong, as i'm not especially knowledgeable in Diablo lore, but i believe they are torn from those massive, writhing beings that you can see in the background as you play through that part of the game. occasionally, you'll see a motionless, gray, "dead" one, that has a gaping hole in its chest.

i think what is going on is that these massive beings are tortured perpetually, and then when one of them has experienced enough agony or malice or what-have-you, the heart is torn from it and placed as a magical beacon that broadcasts all of the pain, suffering, anger, hatred, and malice that being felt as it was tortured.

Now that you mention it, I recall that I see two 'dead' ones per run, and each one is directly before I fight Cydea for a Sin Heart. So you might be onto something.
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Bianary

No.

And they serve no point in D3 except to increase the system requirements and provide a target for Cydaea to make no sense at.

The big things chained up serve two purposes - first they are flayed and huge strips of skin are peeled off to form the walkways throughout the crater/tower, second the screams from their torture provide sweet music that Cydea enoys listening to. The enchantress NPC will tell you of their purpose if you run with her through this region.
Reply Quote
07/20/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Elm

No.

The big things chained up serve two purposes - first they are flayed and huge strips of skin are peeled off to form the walkways throughout the crater/tower, second the screams from their torture provide sweet music that Cydea enoys listening to. The enchantress NPC will tell you of their purpose if you run with her through this region.

Cydaea is Maiden of Lust. While her original concept art indicates she was meant to be Maiden of Pain, since they changed it those screams being sweet music to her no longer make sense (Not that a demon wouldn't appreciate them, but it's not feeding on or lusting after them either way and doesn't fit her description whatsoever.)

Also, making the floors is not really a purpose good enough to justify them. There would be floors to walk through the area with or without them.
Reply Quote
If you are asking about the things you have to destroy...

Tyrael explains it after you kill the Siegebreaker. The Sin Hearths are daemonic constructs that empower demons around them. Like a buff for a whole army.

That's Tyrael version or we can say Diablo version.

The biblical version is... a sin heart is like a pandora box, forbidden fruit, or Samael's and Lilith's gen. As long as the sin heart is beating, the entire human race is still cursed and still possessed by sin.

Sin is not something when human commit crime or do evil stuff, Sin is a potential of human doing evil stuff. Even a human baby is a sinner. There are a lot of story from different beliefs and religions how human race cursed by sin and chaos, like forbidden fruit, pandora box, samael, lilith and sin heart.

In my version, A sin heart is Jay Wilson's heart when he looked at the money he gain from us.
Reply Quote

I wrote about the "Flayed Ones" if you are interested:

http://easydiablo3.com/post/2012/10/05/The-Flayed-Ones.aspx
Reply Quote
View profile

no.

no source is found, however a good post outlined:

05/23/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Elessius
If you take the Enchantress Eirena into the heart of Sin with you, she will explain to you that the giant demons are called "flayed ones". They are unwilling servant of Azmodan. The smaller demons will bound these giants and keep torturing them, as well as harvesting (flaying them alive) the giants for building material.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]