Diablo® III

Staff of Herding

I am all for hardcore. I love playing hardcore and it's the only mode I play but I think it sucks that if you die in whimsyshire you lose the staff of herding.
I think that since that item is bound to account you should have it in your stash if you die.
Reply Quote
Just put the staff in your stash after you open Whimsy.
Reply Quote
*slaps forehead* "Doh!"
Reply Quote
Going back to town also ends the dialogue sequence. So you save time
Reply Quote
I wanna play hardcore, but can you make it less hardcore pls. thx.

Reply Quote
07/11/2012 08:09 AMPosted by DrakeRathan
Going back to town also ends the dialogue sequence. So you save time

^ This. You actually get in much faster porting back to town, throwing the staff in the stash and returning.
Reply Quote
Eugenics.
Reply Quote
what dialogue sequence? you just press space and skip it.
It sucks that you lose the staff if you die in whisyshire, period
Reply Quote
It sucks that you lose EVERYTHING on your person and in your inventory when you die. If only there were some designated space that we could keep things that dont disappear when you die...............
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard should put the staff (up to the level you've crafted) for sale for 1g on the vendor that has the pattern upgrades. Nobody can complain they dropped it or it disappeared or their dog ate it. They made it and they can never lose it again. I don't know why Blizzard hasn't done it already. It's not as if you ever need to upgrade the staff again once you do it once since they can't be traded.

But for now yeah just keep it in your stash and you won't have to worry.
Reply Quote
Well, I feel like an idiot but I wrongly assumed that the staff was an account bound item and would not be lost if i died, and I lost it.
I am not crying about it, I don't care about the gold cost, but an account bound item should not be completely lost, it doesn't make sense to me.
Reply Quote
You still have the staff bro.

It's in your inventory in the Hall of Noobs.

Blizzard didn't take your staff, when you died and had no way to get your body as you were dead it remained on your corpse.

It's still there, trust me.
Reply Quote
Rorix , as long as YOU created the staff, just go to the blacksmith and have him
craft another one. It is the list of stuff now he can make for u.
Reply Quote
Also, if you didnt just find me in the game, ill craft one for you. but its only good for normal
mode, higher difficulties.
Reply Quote
I thought I needed to gather all the items again to craft another one.
And can someone else really craft one for you? Isn't it account bound?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]