Diablo® III

Best class to beat Inferno?

I have a lvl 60 barb and cant really get too far into act2 inferno, I have decent stats but cant afford 10mil upgrades for every piece of equipment. So my question being, what is the best class to get up to 60 and beat inferno with, on a budget?
Reply Quote
dude your a barb......
best class there is right now
just farm act 1 alot....
Reply Quote
Inferno is hard on whatever character your on. The gear is what you need to be able to beat inferno and yes its doable with a barb if you farm act1 a while and drop upgrade that will help you get to act2... slowly but surely. And like the guy above me said .. barb is the best one i think for inferno lol
Edited by Dragomir#1763 on 7/13/2012 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really enjoy the DH for it, its ability to kite and trap not only make it a fun class, but it can dodge things a wizard would otherwise need teleport for and obviously doesn't need to stand in crap that the barb and monk do. I'd give it a try, although as a casual player, I can't seem to get past act 3 with it. Probably just me. Easy farming inferno acts 1 and 2 though so for the budget player you may be able to get by with one!
Reply Quote
I don't play a monk, but I think that's should be the easiest class. The only reason is one of their passives allow you to use the highest resist you have, and make it all resist. All resist is getting really expensive, so this may help you gear for cheaper.
Reply Quote
Barb can clear Inferno fairly easily for way less than 10M/piece. I cleared it solo and the only gear I have worth 10M+ is my weapon (1h axe with 800 DPS, 920 LoH, 70% crit damage). Pretty much all my other gear is in the 500k-3M range.

You only need 10M+/piece if you want to farm Act 3/4 inferno. If you just want to beat it, you can do that on probably about a 1-5M total budget depending on how many elites/champions you're willing to skip.
Reply Quote
07/13/2012 05:06 PMPosted by JBangin
I don't play a monk, but I think that's should be the easiest class. The only reason is one of their passives allow you to use the highest resist you have, and make it all resist. All resist is getting really expensive, so this may help you gear for cheaper.

Yeah but monks require life on hit...and that is expensive----AND the resist thing is nice but you need like 800+ resists for it...which requires your pieces to have all resist anyway.

Like everyone has said...barb.
Reply Quote
07/13/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Dragomir
Inferno is hard on whatever character your on. The gear is what you need to be able to beat inferno and yes its doable with a barb if you farm act1 a while and drop upgrade that will help you get to act2... slowly but surely. And like the guy above me said .. barb is the best one i think for inferno lol
Im sorry but i thought you said inferno was hard no one listen to this guy
Reply Quote
bah, I spent maybe 7-8M on all my barb gear, not including weapon, and 5M on the weapon. plus I guess another 3-4M on gems. maybe 15M tops, just beat inferno yesterday -after ghom it's EZ mode seriously just facetank every boss and GG
Edited by walk2k#1921 on 7/13/2012 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Barb or DH.
Reply Quote
For all you guys saying barb, what build and attack rotation are you using? I dont have 10m to outfit my barb.. I have 16dps, 46k hp, 500AR, 1500 LOH, 40% crit and 250% crit damage..
Reply Quote
07/13/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Exiter
For all you guys saying barb, what build and attack rotation are you using? I dont have 10m to outfit my barb.. I have 16dps, 46k hp, 500AR, 1500 LOH, 40% crit and 250% crit damage..

You can clear Inferno with those stats. You cannot beat the more difficult Act 3/4 champion packs solo (at least, not easily). However, easy elites/champions + all white mobs + all bosses are doable solo without any problems for a barb with those stats (assuming those are unbuffed stats). HP is your weakest stat there.

Is your 16k DPS buffed or unbuffed? Is your 500 AR buffed or unbuffed?

I cleared Act 3/4 with
500 AR (unbuffed)
6.5k armor (unbuffed)
20k DPS (I think that's buffed with weapons master + ruthless)
900 LoH
70k HP

I mixed & matched skills between these builds, adjusting survivability and DPS as needed for a given boss/situation (sometimes I also used the inspiring presence passive for the life regen to help with kiting):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVXRkS!bVe!acaZcc
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVXRki!YcZ!acaZca

So my stats are a bit better than yours, but I'd say you should be able to increase your life a bit and have more luck. Make sure your helm is socketed with at least a star amythest, that you have big vitality rolls + sockets on your chest & pants, and then try to pick up a life % roll on one or two other pieces of gear. Shouldn't take you more than a couple million gold to upgrade.

I'd say that I can kill about half of Act 3/4 elite/champion mobs without too much trouble with my stats & build. Many champion packs are not possible, but it's easy to skip packs with leap + charge.
Edited by tackle70#1670 on 7/13/2012 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
All my stats are unbuffed.. i always seem to get killed in the open desert in act 2 vs the big mobs with fire chains and other elements. can you suggest a build and plan of attack?
Reply Quote
Oh, wow, no one mentioned the ever-versatile wizard?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]