Diablo® III

Game Limits Re-Enabled (Updated)

Bots are being banned because of this, working as intended

Never seen so many grown men cry over a POSITIVE change
Reply Quote

POSITIVE?

Have you ever attempted to farm a damn goblin that may or may NOT spawn at a certain point?
Have you ever attempted to farm Sarkoth on Inferno cause that's all you can do with the hell-found equipment on Inferno?
Reply Quote
Lylirra,

This isn't a solution(bandaid) worth "tailoring"/tweaking the current threshold. As botters and macros can use the same inputs players use, it is impossible to know if it's a botter or real player with what you have implemented.

What the community is saying is, disable game creation limits while you come up with a proper/better solution. It's OK to say, "hey guys we are reading and appreciate your input, based on your feedback we will doing xyz". We will be happy about it and forget that this was ever an issue.

IMO warden or whatever anti-cheat thing runs can tap into the win api and see where the keystrokes came from, what process, id, etc. Although this isn't a full proof solution as botters will just figure a way around it. In other words the cycle will go on forever. What you can do is make it more fun and realistic for leg players to be on par with botters. When that happens the value of items will go down and botters wont profit as much...then botting will happen less and less.
Reply Quote
As I noted before:

If so, about how long were you playing and, during that time, about how many games did you create? Estimates are fine.

We don't want these limits affecting normal play, and if they are, we need to know when it's happening so we can fix it.

If you are experiencing (or have experienced) the "Input Limit Reached" message for game creation, please let us know -- but also try to provide us with the information above. This will help us better tailor the current threshold.

This is exactly why the Customer Service part of Blizzard is so terrible.
People are telling you they DON'T WANT this threshold. Your answer is "so help us tailor it".
NO. GET RID OF IT.
Reply Quote
did anybody else see the thread (that's since been deleted) from yesterday with someone saying that they figured out that better loot is stored on specific servers and these servers are predetermined? they then explained how to look up which ip you were connected to and which specific ip were the for the best loot. people would make a game, pop out to windows, run something, and then they could tell which server they were on and if it wasn't a "hot drop" ip number they'd quit. i don't know much about computers when it comes to that sort of thing, but that's what the thread was about. there was 28 pages of people commenting and lots verifying wayyyyy better loot from these servers. the thread was up for only about a day then deleted.... hmmmmmmmm......This may have something to do with the game limits suddenly being enforced.
Reply Quote
I doubt diff server drop better loot, I saw the thread. If this is by design then blizzard needs to fire their current software architect and hire a new one.

That's just some stupid coding to make people gain items by randomly hopping on "high loot" server. It should be random across the board, easier to maintain software wise and less complexity.

If it really is a per server/instance configuration setting, then bump them all up to the highest one =)
Edited by ZemusX#1238 on 8/10/2012 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah i wasn't saying i believe it necessarily, just that maybe they had a spike of people trying this method. just seems weird that all of a sudden in the last half a day, game limits are actually being enforced. i hadn't heard much complaints before really. i could be completely wrong too. and yes if it is true BUMP em all !!!
Reply Quote
People are telling you they DON'T WANT this threshold. Your answer is "so help us tailor it".
NO. GET RID OF IT.

QQ. So what you can't farm Sarkoth or a goblin anymore, this is about a much larger picture of bots putting hundreds of millions of gold into the economy every day. Play the game it's supposed to be played, by going through the acts. It's more fun and less redundant, plus just as rewarding over time.

If you need a farming method that you can do while watching TV or being semi-afk, you probably don't really want to be playing the game anyway.

Oh, look, someone else with some actual experience playing the game doesn't mind the change either! What a surprise.
Edited by Lenas#1777 on 8/10/2012 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
NO. GET RID OF IT.

QQ. So what you can't farm Sarkoth or a goblin anymore, this is about a much larger picture of bots putting hundreds of millions of gold into the economy every day. Play the game it's supposed to be played, by going through the acts. It's more fun and less redundant, plus just as rewarding over time.

If you need a farming method that you can do while watching TV or being semi-afk, you probably don't really want to be playing the game anyway.

Sure. I'd love to play the game by going through the acts (Although I tend to go for the easier route which is farming whatever drops something better faster). EXCEPT FOR I CAN'T, BECAUSE CLEARING INFERNO REQUIRES INFERNO DROPS THAT WON'T DROP ON HELL.

Sure, I could buy them from AH, except for I don't have the tens/hundreds of millions required for it and just about everything that drops on hell (which I _can_ clear) is worth like 20k at best.

So I'm left with the option of either farming a goblin spot or sarkoth on inferno. On the rare occasions when they drop a rare (as I can't kill 5 champion packs on Inferno to get nef stacks), it turns out to be an ilvl 59 item with lame stats.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 02:42 PMPosted by identitate
Sure. I'd love to play the game by going through the acts (Although I tend to go for the easier route which is farming whatever drops something better faster). EXCEPT FOR I CAN'T, BECAUSE CLEARING INFERNO REQUIRES INFERNO DROPS THAT WON'T DROP ON HELL.

I find everything you're saying suspect, because:

1) Your characters don't show anything past level 31.
2) Hell Acts 3-4 do indeed drop Inferno level loot.
3) Plenty of people did it before you, and when drop rates were even worse!
4) You're still ignoring the fact that the crazy inflation you're talking about is due to the bots that Blizzard is trying to attack with these changes.
Edited by Lenas#1777 on 8/10/2012 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lol @ anyone who thinks it's the gold botters that ruined the economy and not the item flippers. how many people do you know that have bought gold?
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 02:46 PMPosted by ECross86
lol @ anyone who thinks it's the gold botters that ruined the economy and not the item flippers. how many people do you know that have bought gold?

A LOT. You can't generate gold out of thin air by just flipping items. It had to be dropped by something first, and guess who gets the most gold drops? Bots!
Edited by Lenas#1777 on 8/10/2012 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You need to farm act 1 for ilvl 63 gear.

Lenas: bots play the entire game from act to act too.. so.. doesnt fix the problem now does it. Bots will always happen like shoplifting at walmart. Gamers like freedom to do what they want, that's part of the fun of being immersed in a game. If I have to play the acts just the way Blizz intended I may as well just be a human bot.

Oh and it's fun for me to watch a tv show or something while I play D3 out of the corner of my eye.
Reply Quote
You need to farm act 1 for ilvl 63 gear.

Lenas: bots play the entire game from act to act too.. so.. doesnt fix the problem now does it. Bots will always happen like shoplifting at walmart. Gamers like freedom to do what they want, that's part of the fun of being immersed in a game. If I have to play the acts just the way Blizz intended I may as well just be a human bot.

Oh and it's fun for me to watch a tv show or something while I play D3 out of the corner of my eye.

You don't need ilvl 63 gear to clear act 1. This has been proven time and time again by cheap build videos.

Yes, bots can play the entire game from act to act, but that wouldn't generate nearly the same amount of gold as Sarkoth farming runs does, and it also carries more risk. Aside from that, bots can still play 24/7 where a normal person could not. Just because this solution doesn't solve ALL bot problems doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented.
Edited by Lenas#1777 on 8/10/2012 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Lenas

A LOT. You can't generate gold out of thin air by just flipping items. It had to be dropped by something first, and guess who gets the most gold drops? Bots!

It's dropped by monsters. There's a reason that 300 million gold items sit on the AH over and over again and don't sell. That's because people don't have the actual GOLD to buy it. Meaning they aren't buying gold. Meaning the only people running the economy are item flippers, and people that bot the AH. The input limits need to be stricter on the AH, not in game. It's dumb.
Reply Quote
I'm not saying dont stop botters. I'm saying this isn't the right way to go about it. Blizz is impairing leg game playing because of botters with this particular solution.

This makes the game less fun, end of story.
Edited by ZemusX#1238 on 8/10/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They're trying to find the sweet spot that will catch bots and not affect regular players. There's nothing wrong with Blizz asking for input on a new system. Yeah, a few people might be inconvenienced that they can't farm while shoving a hoagie down their throats for a few days, but it should get ironed out.
Reply Quote

I find everything you're saying suspect, because:

1) Your characters don't show anything past level 31.
2) Hell Acts 3-4 do indeed drop Inferno level loot.
3) Plenty of people did it before you, and when drop rates were even worse!
4) You're still ignoring the fact that the crazy inflation you're talking about is due to the bots that Blizzard is trying to attack with these changes.

1. That's because you've checked my US profile. Check Europe. I only played on US for a short while, as a bug prevented me from logging in on Europe for a while. Why are you even checking up on me in the first place anyway? Do you really think people have so much time on their hands that they feel like wasting it on a problem that doesn't affect them?

2. No, they don't, unless you think level 60 random rares are "inferno loot". Either that or you're playing softcore where you can indeed go through inferno regardless of your gear, in which case you should refrain from having an opinion about the game in the first place, as you can probably clear it with a naked char...given enough time and ressurects.

3. No, they didn't, unless you call "plenty" a handful of people that have been sponsored or helped by 10/100 other people giving them drops for free. Excuse me, but there are people like me "out there" that barely have 4 friends that play Diablo III and those 4 friends are just as poor (I just reached 1 million gold after selling just about everything I had, which won't even get me a SEMI-DECENT piece of gear off AH).

4. No, it's not. Good (NOT GODLY) drops cost 10-100 millions EACH and yes, I can submit screenshots. If what you're saying was true, they'd cost 1 million each at most, in which case there'd be no problem. A mediocre weapon (950 dps, no dex, no vita) costs 2-3 million. That inflation does not exist on Hardcore, where people can't really bot. I can't bot. I doubt anyone can bot (on hardcore, inferno). Why do I have to put up with this latest "invention" to fix a problem that doesn't even affect me in the first place? I can't get 2-3 billions (Which is what HC inferno costs) for gear. If I could at least use AH properly (without the 10 items limit), I MIGHT have a 0,00001% chance of ever doing that, but I can't. All I could do was farm Sarkoth and others, hoping for one good drop in 1000 games.

Do you get it now?
Edited by identitate#2287 on 8/10/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got input limit reached and disconnected.

I made a few games to clear out my mules probably 7 games in 10 minutes and bought like 5 things in 1 minute on the AH. It was crafting materials. I like to buy them in specific stack numbers and keep the rest in my completed tab.
Reply Quote
It is clearly that this change DOES NOT AFFECT botters. They've already changed their botting program for farming the whole A1 (or somewhere else, which is >2min per match) automatically. I don't know why blz is stupid enough that consider Game limits will be a workable plan, "create games in rapid succession" by handmade violates the Terms of Use? OMG!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]