Diablo® III

Game Limits Re-Enabled (Updated)

G Thanks Blizzard!!! Take away the ONE thing I CAN do for the next month!!

So as luck would have it 2 weeks ago I burned my right hand, 3rd degree burns by the way (don't ask how), fun stuff. Anyways all I can do is farm Damp Act 1 for the next 4 weeks or so. Dull stuff like that, easy & fast.

Thanks for making the one half fun thing I could so as painfull and enoying as this 3rd degree burn.

I have a char grilled hand and I get tossed in with the bots, classy stuff blizzard.
Reply Quote
G Thanks Blizzard!!! Take away the ONE thing I CAN do for the next month!!

So as luck would have it 2 weeks ago I burned my right hand, 3rd degree burns by the way (don't ask how), fun stuff. Anyways all I can do is farm Damp Act 1 for the next 4 weeks or so. Dull stuff like that, easy & fast.

Thanks for making the one half fun thing I could so as painfull and enoying as this 3rd degree burn.

I have a char grilled hand and I get tossed in with the bots, classy stuff blizzard.

But the limits should at least reduce the amount of farming the bots get to do. They seem to think that the limited upside of limiting bots is worth the cost of hurting legitimate players. They made the game online only, they claimed, to protect us from hacks, botting, duping, and the like. So far they seem to have whiffed on preventing any of those things, and they continue to take actions that hurt far more legitimate players than the ones being targeted by the changes.

Until we represent more to them than dollar signs, this is the sort of thing we should expect.
Reply Quote
Holy banana-balls batman, I had no idea that this input limit reached error is from creating games!?

This message has come up for me sometimes when I'm not even creating games, I've had it boot me off the server from just idling in AH.

I usually just re-log then everything is fine.

Should it be coming up for people that are idling in AH?
Reply Quote
Got really bored doing butcher run and act 3's. so i decided to collect some achievements. sounds fun right? but no.

This input limit reach sucks. I thought you'll only get that if you're a bot or just farming sarkoth repeatedly.

I get the input limit reach while changing quests, for the conversation achievements! SERIOUSLY?! i'm not even farming! i'm just talking to bunch of NPCs!

So I bought a game that required to be online all the time in order to play, but it limits me on how many times that i can create a game?

This force me to turn on my ps3 and forget diablo 3. if i just known that it would turn out like this, i should've never bought this game.
Reply Quote
I just had this happen a few times where I'd be sitting at the menu for over 15 minutes idle go to join a game and get kicked out just clicking on the join public games button.
Edited by Mordikye#1921 on 8/13/2012 9:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
killing zk, leaving game, repeating will hit the limit.
just wanting a safe way to farm exp with a boss i know i can kill easily while watching netflix.
Nope, sorry. No dice. Wait 5mins between games and its ok.
Reply Quote
I haven't yet bumped into this game creation limit wall. Though I also haven't tried to do a full 5 stack run up to the Skeleton king and then reset either. Will post back when attempting this a few times. My guess however is that the run will take me at least 30 minutes and a new game will therefore only be created that often.

Edit: Still having odd latency spikes at times, though it is considerably improved.
Edited by chewytowel#1448 on 8/14/2012 7:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The limit seems to be variable depending upon server load. At times when the servers are under more stress, you will hit the limit after you take 10 actions in less than 20 minutes. At other times, you can do Sarkoth runs for 3 hours and never bump into the limit.

It's incredibly poor design to punish all players for the sins of the few (botters). It's much better design to detect and eliminate botters. Why does Blizzard insist on punishing legit players instead of investing in real fixes?
Reply Quote
You haven't limited the gold famer,they use long scripts now,please seal their account as soon as possible. thanks P.S. my english is poor,understanding
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
first of all Blizz... Limit can be reached in 20 actions in 5 mins like talking to npc's for achievement... in "sark farming", in game selection (NOT CREATION) and also it seems in trade windows and also in typing. these are major issues. use the weekly downtime. fix this problem. cause at the moment this game is only 60% playable 40% of the time. also in actions like sark farming. this isnt against tos. yet youre limiting our ability to do this now. reduce his loot. dont enter a " so-called" fix that messes up complete gameplay. thats just 3rd grade thinking... common... you pay people to fix this stuff. and WE ARE GIVING YOU FREE ANSWERS!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
08/14/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Inukedyou
first of all Blizz... Limit can be reached in 20 actions in 5 mins like talking to npc's for achievement... in "sark farming", in game selection (NOT CREATION) and also it seems in trade windows and also in typing. these are major issues. use the weekly downtime. fix this problem. cause at the moment this game is only 60% playable 40% of the time. also in actions like sark farming. this isnt against tos. yet youre limiting our ability to do this now. reduce his loot. dont enter a " so-called" fix that messes up complete gameplay. thats just 3rd grade thinking... common... you pay people to fix this stuff. and WE ARE GIVING YOU FREE ANSWERS!
I feel very bad for anyone trying to lvl up hardcore toons by the way... between random boots... disconnects on stable internet, and now this..... unfaire booting from d3 servers... SHAME on you Blizzard staff. stop implimenting the wrong "fixes" that wont stop what youre trying to stop....
Reply Quote
I got the limit message a few times yesterday when buying large amounts (35k+) of "Tomes of Blacksmithing". Never got it while creating or playing games.

I would buy the items, get the message. Re-log in and the items would be in my completed tab and everything would work fine until the next time I tried to buy a large amount.
Edited by nateobot#1488 on 8/14/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bizz,please treat the gold famer severely!Seal their account everyday and let the game have a normal economic system.Why don't you take drastic measures?
Reply Quote
wow i didn't even join a game and got kick out! i hope this guy will go away sometime in the future.
Reply Quote
China farmers steal accounts all the time. You guys just got hacked and thousands of peoples pw's were stolen in fact. You ban one and they use another one stolen. They wont quit so how about finding a solution that doesnt piss off customers especially since you aren't putting a dent in their operation this way anyway?
Reply Quote
So I wanna know, what the hell was the problem with having two realms? One where you are strictly forbidden from modifying the game in any way and had to play legitimately and everything was fair and another realm where you could turn your character into a huge walking !@#$% who could run from one side of the map to the other side in 2 seconds flat and every time it farted it would cast 10 different level 60 paladin spells? What the hell is the problem with that? That would I've a place for all of these people who are ruining the game for people who want to have a fair and honest game to go and have their own fun and make shining white armor and hacked charms and blahblahblah. This whole only online thing is possibly the worst thing that could have ever happened to Diablo. Now we have the players who once had a place to go and utilize their ability to dupe and hack and modify to have their fun literally pissed off and you know what? They are going to go ahead and figure out ways to do it anyways, you haven't stopped them and you won't ever be able to. EVER! I have another question, why are there so many bugs? You spent so long on this game and you yourselves haven't figured it out yet, even YOU are perplexed by all of the issues happening and don't know why. I know why, it's because you changed the system and screwed yourselves. You literally screwed yourselves. Why is CoD so popular after all of these games that they've thrown out? Because they saw what worked and they kept it, they didn't give you the ability to customize weapons and then take it away in the next game. D1 was pretty good, D2 was amazing and D3 fell on it's face and then kicked itself in the balls. Why am I getting booted by the way? I don't get it, I am playing the game and all of a sudden I have to go and do something, it takes me a little bit longer than I had expected and then I come back and my game had been closed. Why? Give me back my closed non-onlineable experience please. All this game is is an unfinished project and the people playing it are providing work free of charge to help them slowly finish it. Which is cool, it's cool. But by the end of it, nobody is going to want to play anymore. I don't see why you are so against players screwing with your game, just give them a place to do it and everybody will be happy. Who complained about D2 when you guys dropped off of the face of the earth and everyone took the opportunity to be a badass? who? I didn't hear anyone. There was a place to have fun and be fair and a place to have fun and be a douchbag, it was perfect AND a place where you could do WHATEVER you wanted without Big Brother watching your every move and closing your gave whenever you gotta go ^-*! and it takes too long. Peace.
Reply Quote
Just got hit with the limit. Was actually waiting for it to happen cuz i was farming the wheel of misfortune achievement like a mofo for hours straight. After at least 300 games it finally hit me. Guess it's time for a break.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]