Diablo® III

Game Limits Re-Enabled (Updated)

08/06/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Condottiere
Well that's interesting. I can't see this affecting anyone other than botters, really. Other than HC players who farm Sarkoth and Goblins legitimately. Or Warrior's Rest farmers on Act I Inferno. But who cares about them, right?

Goblins... are still viable in act 2 Softcore...

Also, I don't do this, but I've noticed some spots in act one where you can jsut go through wave points and look for champs at wavepts then quit and redo....

Takes like < 20-30 second a run
High MF gear will net you good items. Better than Sarkoth actually
Reply Quote
They think the LEFT way.
Reply Quote
I'd like to know how anybody thinks this will solve a thing.
It may slow down bots, but they can EASILY be modified to detect a "input limit reached" pop-up.
This does nothing but hurt the already dwindling player-base.

If it wasn't for the pull to get Forum Gold on d2jsp, in the hopes of being a god in a different game, I would not be playing this one.
Reply Quote
I'd like to know how anybody thinks this will solve a thing.
It may slow down bots, but they can EASILY be modified to detect a "input limit reached" pop-up.
This does nothing but hurt the already dwindling player-base.

If it wasn't for the pull to get Forum Gold on d2jsp, in the hopes of being a god in a different game, I would not be playing this one.

This won't stop bots or the big guys. The dude with dozens of bots on several hacked accounts will just tweak his code to get past the limits and continue to pull down mad profit. The Chinese taskmaster will order his worker bees to similar effect.

The ones really affected are regular solo human players who create new games to farm profitable areas. So maybe Blizzard thinks that the only right way to play is to spend months of drudgery farming cause simply doing this the regular players will still grind since thats the only way they can afford stuff only now they'll have to grind even longer.
Edited by Ace#1174 on 8/6/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
well i farm goblins and warriors rest which are usually 30 second runs so this is pretty important. Although i have to say I am not sure if the game limit is actually enabled, cause I am having no issues farming warriors rest ATM.
Reply Quote
I guess I can't log out and back in if the Northern Highlands Watchtower farm spot doesn't spawn anymore. That cuts my legitimate farm efficiency pretty much in half.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
YAY bots are still up and running and now i cannot farm properly anymore... your morons blizz... just saying... Learn how to detect bots and not f over people.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/06/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Shamemann
YAY bots are still up and running and now i cannot farm properly anymore... your morons blizz... just saying... Learn how to detect bots and not f over people.

Just to be clear: have you encountered the "Input Limit Reached" message while playing? If so, about how long were you playing and, during that time, about how many games did you create? Estimates are fine.

We don't want these limits affecting normal play, and if they are, we need to know when it's happening so we can fix it.
Reply Quote
I tried several times to enter the game, but no prompt landing frequency limit is reached,why?
Reply Quote
YAY! I Can`t farm goblins, warrior`s rest, speed level up and sarkoth! Thank you very much blizzard!
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Lylirra

Just to be clear: have you encountered the "Input Limit Reached" message while playing? If so, about how long were you playing and, during that time, about how many games did you create? Estimates are fine.

We don't want these limits affecting normal play, and if they are, we need to know when it's happening so we can fix it.

I think people are a little confused about whether input limits are going to affect ordinary players who refarm lucrative spots or if they are just going to affect bots running through the game at inhuman speed. Most are assuming the former and are pissed if its the latter then they probably wouldn't care.
Reply Quote
I'm hitting these with in joining a few games fairly quickly (4-5) in about 2 minutes while looking for public games that have a good mix of heros. Might be faster than that 4-5 in 1.5 minutes maybe?

It's pretty consistent too. Sometimes faster if I click over to the AH to see if somethings sold (never does :( )
Edited by Mordikye#1921 on 8/6/2012 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't want to sound rude about this, but I need to ask why in the world would you implement this to stop illegitimate play (based on the we should never see this while playing) and make it a temporary speed bump to botters?

Why wouldn't you just record it silently with no notice to players and flag the accounts and put them on a list for your anti cheat team members to review & ban when you confirm they are botting. You've got a detectable behaviour which doesn't rely on trying to keep up with the technical methods botters use to identify them and rather than use it for that you stop them and tell them you know they're cheating and say wait X minutes to login again to continue cheating.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Fixes nothing if bots are able to run random dungeons now
Reply Quote
I have reloaded my goblin farming spot over 30 times now and haven't hit the limit. Not enabled on all servers yet?
Edited by Eve#1951 on 8/6/2012 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When to start limits?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]