Diablo® III

Game Limits Re-Enabled (Updated)

First of all, I didnt read all the comments, so forgive me if I am posting something stupid.

I have an idea for solving this damn botting trouble. You guys could implement some kind of captcha for whenever we create a game, or just when we go to town identify our stuff and make the captcha kinda random so botters couldnt avoid it.

If you dont answer for the captcha you should be banned for some hours, and if it happens too much time, maybe a perma ban.

I dont like botters because it hurts auction house, and one of the motives I bought this game is because of the RMAH, so I feel my experience is hurt with so many botters doing 24/7 botting.

I could easily setup some botting on my own, but I dont like the idea so I think its for the best of us do everything we can to keep the botters out of Diablo 3.

I will not answer any kind of flame. But if blizz team wants any other ideas I would love to share my thoughts on the game and everything else.

PS.
I dont think that enabling game limits will stop ppl from botting. The only thing that will happen is that they will bot LESS, not STOP botting. Going with my suggestion it would hurt the botting business very hard.

agree and really like this idea !!
Edited by mario#6402 on 8/10/2012 3:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Almost 9 pages worth of negative feedback regarding this and Blizzard still does not get the hint that it is a BAD idea.

Either the developers are so incredibly arrogant and stubborn or they're just plain stupid.
Reply Quote
well, breakpoint moment.
finally bye D3.
Reply Quote
well, breakpoint moment.
finally bye D3.

same here, i will not play this crap anymore and this is the last time i buy something from blizz.
Reply Quote
First of all, I didnt read all the comments, so forgive me if I am posting something stupid.

I have an idea for solving this damn botting trouble. You guys could implement some kind of captcha for whenever we create a game, or just when we go to town identify our stuff and make the captcha kinda random so botters couldnt avoid it.

If you dont answer for the captcha you should be banned for some hours, and if it happens too much time, maybe a perma ban.

I dont like botters because it hurts auction house, and one of the motives I bought this game is because of the RMAH, so I feel my experience is hurt with so many botters doing 24/7 botting.

I could easily setup some botting on my own, but I dont like the idea so I think its for the best of us do everything we can to keep the botters out of Diablo 3.

I will not answer any kind of flame. But if blizz team wants any other ideas I would love to share my thoughts on the game and everything else.

PS.
I dont think that enabling game limits will stop ppl from botting. The only thing that will happen is that they will bot LESS, not STOP botting. Going with my suggestion it would hurt the botting business very hard.

agree and really like this idea !!

This won't fix anything, there are many automatic captcha detectors out there. The botters will simply add that function into their programs, while everyone else suffers the inconvienience.

Blizzard seriously needs to wake up, you cannot stop botters. You put something in to stop them, they find a way around it and the cycle goes on... until the game simply becomes unplayable (LIKE IT IS NOW WITH THIS DAM LIMIT CRAP) for the rest of the dwindling population.

Just suck it up and let the players play the game how they want to.
Reply Quote
so sad =(
Reply Quote
I play with about 6 other friends, all using hardcore characters. We have been doing some farming in inferno, saving up money/gear till we feel comfortable attempting to complete the next act. First off, farming is fun and we all enjoy doing it to help improve our gear, and some of my friends have hit this limit a few times while farming which has been very annoying, but not the end of the world.

The real issue though is when one of us dies. When this happens, we create a new character and want to level back up to 60 fast so we can join our friends in inferno again. To get there, we spend long hours doing runs on different levels to get XP, a process already slowed down by previous blizzard updates. My HC character died recently, and I set a big chunk of time aside yesterday to try and get a new character back up to a higher level, but got slowed by these new limits. I am trying again today, but my feeling is that the limits may now make it too difficult. We'll see how it goes, but this may be the end of Diablo 3 for me, and I think my friends will feel the same way the next time one of their hardcore characters die again.

Is there another way to detect boting that won't affect us legitimately trying to increase our XP through runs? Maybe correlate number of games created with abnormally high gold increases before bringing up the limit popup? This would still affect our gold/gear farming runs, but we would at least be able to catch up to our friends with XP runs after one of our hardcore characters has died.
Reply Quote
Maybe if in the last game your character gained at least 1XP then do not apply any limit...
Reply Quote
These game limits are ruining my game experience. I cant farm gold, exp, or achievements and I keep getting input limit reached from leaving and joining public games. If this is not removed I will be quitting D3. I paid $60 to play a game, a game that *you* Blizzard are inhibiting me from being able to play and why so you can try to stop a few botters. I don't like botters but this solution is not going to stop them and is ruining good players fun.

Blizzard please remove Game Limit Creation, I like D3 and want to continue to play but not at this cost.
Reply Quote
I brough this new acc to play HC mode three day's ago , and farm my level up to 51 untill BZ doing this stupid crap!!

Good news is only three day's , I can quit this and get my money back.

ByeBye D3.

By the way, botter is update speedrun and they find route longer to aviod this stupid detect.If they run over 3 min , they can farm all day long without limit. And this still not effect the REAL FARMER. They can autorun inferno A1 from 1-1 to 1-10.

U just hurting real ppl that enjoy farm.

SO?

U can do more than this.
Reply Quote
That's the single dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Couldn't you fools hear the hating crowds when you did the same thing in Diablo II, stopping us from properly farming Andariel, Mephisto and Pindleskin?

Disconnected and "banned" for 4-48 hours?

That's the only reason I even bought Diablo III - to get rid of that annoying limit. Diablo II blows this piece of junk out of the water in every other way, PVP INCLUDED.

Fire the person that came up with this idea on the spot. The second you implement that, you can kiss goodbye not only a huge chunk of the playerbase, but a huge chunk of Blizzard fans as well. There will be no buyers left for your xpacks and you can all start looking for a proper job.

THIS.IS.A.MAGIC.FINDING.GAME.
THAT.IS.THE.MAX.LEVEL.CONTENT.
WE.ARE.SUPPOSED.TO.REPEAT.RUNS
EVEN.REPEATING.A.RUN.100.TIMES.WON'T.GUARANTEE.A.GOOD.DROP
NEVERMIND.THAT.DROP.BEING.GOOD.FOR.YOUR.CLASS
10.PERFECT.DROPS.WON'T.MAKE.YOU.AS.GODLY.AS.A.D2.HAMMERDIN
YOU.CAN.BARELY.SURVIVE.INFERNO.REGARDLESS.OF.YOUR.GEAR

You haven't even tested your own game, you don't know a damn thing about classes or balance, pvp isn't implemented, crafting is miserable and pointless, AH has a dumb 10 items limit and no way of cancelling auctions and the best thing you could come up with was this limitation?

Can someone just tell me if I can get a refund for my Diablo copy?
Edited by identitate#2287 on 8/10/2012 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You can get a refund if its within 30-days. A lot of my dorm mates have already returned their copy of D3 for a refund mainly because of the RMAH and this Game Limit Creation system.
Reply Quote
Seriously, how hard is it to spend some of that $600mil they got from game sales to put a reCAPTCHA system into the game or something.
Edited by Hahutzy#1111 on 8/10/2012 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i got it 2x already today just doing some elite runs. Apparently the ONLY way we're allowed to play is by starting from Act1 through Act 4. And did they nerf watch tower too? I don't get 4 or 5 elites in there anymore :( that was sweet.
Reply Quote
I get stupid limit .. it's quite annoying .. after waiting about 5 mins .. I start my gold run again and after 2-3 reload within a min or two ... I get input limit reached.
I've no problems yesterday playing for hours .. now I have to wait every 2-3 mins to start a new game.

BLIZ !! FIX IT !!! Let me play !!!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As I noted before:

If so, about how long were you playing and, during that time, about how many games did you create? Estimates are fine.

We don't want these limits affecting normal play, and if they are, we need to know when it's happening so we can fix it.

If you are experiencing (or have experienced) the "Input Limit Reached" message for game creation, please let us know -- but also try to provide us with the information above. This will help us better tailor the current threshold.
Reply Quote
this is not make sense anymore, botters can still use long time script to farm,anf for our real player ,we cant not say how many times we need in an hour or a day ,this is not a job or sth ,i dont want take a risk or playing the game with calculate the time !!! so stupid fix this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]