Diablo® III

Inferno A2 champ packs now harder?

A friend of mine just died in A2 inferno to a champ pack. Not a boss pack, just a regular champ pack of....i think it was bees he said?

He says he had a debuff after a loooooong champ pack fight that gave him a very serious DoT with a debuff icon that says "champ packs are now harder".

Any info on this? I cant find anything.
Reply Quote
Champs enrage after x amount of time in Inferno.
Reply Quote
Has this always been the case?

We've been farming A1 inferno for.....i dunno 1 month or longer.

Never saw that before
Reply Quote
Weve been aware of boss timer enrages but not champ packs.

Champ packs have enrage timers as well I guess?
Reply Quote
Yep, on my wizard I ran into shielding vampiric extra health (something) of the dune things that bury in act 2 SC. There was just no way there was enough time to hit them before they enraged.

But yeah... enrage timers suck. They reset if you all leave the zone or when it bumps the boss back to full hp from my experience.
Reply Quote
Yep, on my wizard I ran into shielding vampiric extra health (something) of the dune things that bury in act 2 SC. There was just no way there was enough time to hit them before they enraged.

But yeah... enrage timers suck. They reset if you all leave the zone or when it bumps the boss back to full hp from my experience.

How much damage do the elite packs do once they enrage? Is this a belial like insta dead?
Edited by Twister#1181 on 7/11/2012 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
does anyone have more detailed info on the DoT? i would greatly appreciate your help. i haven't really looked into specifics cuz i figured inferno was a long way off for me, but i'm getting close to feeling ready to start now.
from what I understand, the timer is 3 minutes (from when exactly... from the moment of aggro?) and i have no idea how much damage the DoT does, how rapidly it drains HP, from what range it can be cast by the monsters, how long it lasts, if you can tp while it is on you, or how armor/resists/regen might help. all i've really heard from a couple of sc buddies about it is that it WILL kill you; surviving it won't happen unless you are at the edge of town and can quickly hop in. does town status immediately take it off? also, i'd kinda like clarification on what the above poster said. when u say 'leave the zone,' do you mean go into a cellar/go to town/etc? I'd assume that if i go from the road to alcarnus into alcarnus that it won't reset. also, if you fight them for 90 seconds, tp out and spend 60 seconds in town (for the sake of the example, let's say they haven't regen'd to full hp), will their enrage timer be on hold while you are in town?
currently, my only plan for when I go to inferno is to have an eye on the clock so if they aren't dead in 2 minutes i can run the fack away and start a new game. probably the best course of action, but i'll be very grateful for help answering these questions.
Edited by VasHeR#1982 on 7/11/2012 8:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

8 minutes. If you aren't close to killing them after 4 you better bail.

So champ pack enrage timers are 8 minutes?
Reply Quote

How much damage do the elite packs do once they enrage? Is this a belial like insta dead?

It applies a DoT on you that I believe builds up over time.

So you can be kiting perfectly and still die to the DoT and not take a hit from the monsters themselves.

Like other people said, keep an eye on the time and if it isn't going well make sure to get out of there before it is too late
Reply Quote
Yes champ packs in inferno (at least) have enrage timers. I've seen this countless times, it's complete ludicrous and very vicious.

Applies a DoT that shows up as a debuff when you're within X yards of the mob (pretty far range, almost off-screen) looks like a Skull with a cross maybe? I forget. But it drains your life and may or may not get stronger over time. Very deadly, very lame.
Reply Quote
8 minutes. If you aren't close to killing them after 4 you better bail.

I believe that you can go to town and wait it out for a little while to reset the timer.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
All Champion packs have a enrage timer of 4 minutes which you can reset by either going to town or getting out of combat.

The enrage dot depending on resists starts off at around 200(with high decent resist) and will progress over time. So after about a minute it goes to 2.5k per tick.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
i thought the enrage timer was 5 mins? Regardless, it does get stronger the longer it is on you so if it pops up, you better starting moving fast with snares behind you to get distance to reset them.
Edited by Vixien#1933 on 7/12/2012 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888890738#18
Reply Quote
lolz. "a very serious dot". enrage timer durrr
Reply Quote
Lost my first Wizard to this, was with a WD and a Monk and we didnt know about the enrage timers. This was early in the game so plagued mobs had extra resist to posion by 50%. The mobs where also extra health, so my hydra and our WD where pushing no dmg really. Was easy fight as far as kiting went until that debuff showed up. It is more like 4 or 5 min not 8, we had 1 down, 2 @ 30%, 1 at like 80% when the enrage hit. We where running act 1, quest before cain so we dropped into the dungeon and there was no exit. We killed 2 and got the last to 20% life, Myself and the WD died the monk was able to TP due to my death causing the mob to reset. At the time I was prob about 550 AR buffed and 6.5k armor, ticks where for 850 to 950 every half second so my guess is it is about a 2k LPS drain.
Reply Quote
good thing i kill champ packs in like under 15 seconds... with wrath of the berzerker that is.. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
As someone said before, even if you have dps some mobs that either hide or kite you can be damn near impossible to kill before the enrage if they have a bad set of affixes/cc. I've experience the dune lizards that dive under the sand enrage first hand. Thank god it wasn't hardcore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]