Diablo® III

100k DPS – 100% Unbuffed (Pics Updated)

After reading about the success some fellow monks were having with a high DPS setup, I decided to share my experiences as well. Though I’ve been sitting at 100k DPS for a short while now, my goal has been to achieve a well-balanced stat sheet at the same time.

100k DPS
40k Health
6k Armor
600 All Resistances
1k LoH
No Buffs / No Follower

Stat Sheet:

http://i.imgur.com/0ukAU.jpg

Gear Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/EdJa1/

Some proof that the RMAH hath giveth more than it taketh:

http://i.imgur.com/awZMr.jpg

As others have stated, elites absolutely melt once you pass a certain threshold, trivializing the need for defensive stats. Even though I still suffer from the occasional death, it’s certainly much faster to farm this way compared to a more traditional setup. Perhaps a build with more effective health and a high block rate would be better suited for group play, but a high DPS build is definitely viable in any situation and is arguably more fun.

Realistically, I’m not sure if it’s possible to achieve such stats without working the AH and RMAH unless some incredibly good luck were involved. I’ve sold and purchased my fair share of items (and even gold at one point after depleting my account with a large ticket purchase), but I did not have to withdraw a single cent from my account and am net positive overall. The way I see it, it’s a game within a game.

At this point in time, my only goals would be to maintain the above while incorporating some life steal, life regeneration, and reduced damage from elites / melee into the build. However, I’m not in any rush to do so since I’m currently focused on progressing through inferno hardcore, and the monk is already a blast to play in its current state.
Edited by miminono#1999 on 7/13/2012 4:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
umm wow, pics of gear?
Reply Quote
You must have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours into farming/playing the AH. I'm a semi casual player who has 170 hours of game play on my monk since the game launched. I've spent probably close to 50 million gold on gear and I'm only currently at 38k DPS, 30k HP, 700 resists, 5k armor. Would love to see pics of your gear as well. Kudos btw.
Reply Quote
cool story, but can we see your gear? I Agree its a game in a game. Wouldn't mind perving on ur gear tho. post plz!
Reply Quote
07/11/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Milka
cool story, but can we see your gear? I Agree its a game in a game. Wouldn't mind perving on ur gear tho. post plz!

I suspect until you provide this, these will be all the posts you are going to see. I think how much you spent (gold/rmah) would be great info as well. Not for any other reason than a point of reference.

Kudos to you for the amount of effort you have put into this. I don't think anyone could say that you cannot make a respectable amount money on this game with a Monk like that if you were so inclined.

Pretty kick !@#, friend!
Reply Quote
10K :o damn Good Job!
Reply Quote
nah it isint the stats are just about right.

just curious on weapon damage, its all about knowing the price of gear and buying em...sniping them on ah ...dont buy small upgrades buy big upgrades! i save 50 mill then buy a weapon...!@#$ like that haha

damm im only at 70k dps unbuff. ive got 30k more dps to go. Zzzz fml
Reply Quote
Trying to do a balanced monk myself but dtuck on where to go next on my gear. Can you take a look and offer some suggestions? Can you send friends invite?
Reply Quote
I am currently working toward 100k dps too. I know exactly what i need to upgrade in order to achieve that. (Need 1k+ dps weaponn with socket + crit dmg + dex) I only use fist weapon, so i will need to save atleast 300~500mil to get to 100k. I am currently 73k dps unbuffed 42% crit chance and 524% crit dmg, due to my 700 dps offhand i am stuck at my current dps. Please add me, Nyanevo#1931 I would like to inspect you gears and follow the path you are taking.
Reply Quote
pls share equipments detail.

I have been trying to reach 60K... lol
Reply Quote
wow and to think i was happy cause i just hit 40k dps....

post up your gear though you cant hold out on us like this
Reply Quote
All I read was....

"After reading about the success some fellow monks were having with a high DPS setup, I decided to share my experiences as well. Though I’ve been sitting at 100k DPS for a short while now, my goal has been to buy as much gold as i can and buy every good piece I could from the AH to achieve a well-balanced stat sheet at the same time."
Reply Quote
Cool story, but it's bull!@#$ until you post your gear, and even then, I'll still call bull!@#$.
Edited by pr1mo#1452 on 7/11/2012 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
All I read was....

"After reading about the success some fellow monks were having with a high DPS setup, I decided to share my experiences as well. Though I’ve been sitting at 100k DPS for a short while now, my goal has been to buy as much gold as i can and buy every good piece I could from the AH to achieve a well-balanced stat sheet at the same time."

Unbuffed: http://imgur.com/1s4zP
Buffed: http://imgur.com/TEhCw

I reached 70k dps unbuffed and never bought any gold, and my dps is now even higher. Like how I stated in my "125k dps hybrid monk thread" the most gold ive made in two days was 100mil just by selling a couple items. It is not hard to make a large amount of gold, maybe some luck needed for the loot.
Reply Quote
maybe some INSANE luck needed for the loot.

There, fixed it for ya :-)

I'm at 400 hours played give or take a bit, and I've never had a drop worth more than 2m.
Reply Quote
Stole my build :S
Reply Quote
Sure, I’ll be happy to friend any legitimate poster to chat in-game. I’ll also post some pics of my gear over the weekend. As for how much I’ve spent, it’s really hard to quantify since some of the pieces I picked up were prior to the current gold inflation and not an accurate indicator of what they would be worth today.

I’m not ashamed to admit that I’ve worked the RMAH and that some of my current gear was acquired through such means, since a deal is a deal in any form and I’m comfortably net positive when all is said and done. Every purchase I made was with the mindset that I might find an upgrade the same day, so I usually came ahead with most purchases.

The primary tip I can share is to avoid chasing best-in-slot purchases for whatever your goals are since pricing becomes incongruent to stat value with best-in-slot gear. It’s much easier to find deals with slightly deficient gear that end up contributing further to your stat totals than gear with every ideal affix possible. Also, if you’ve played other classes or have friends that play other classes, it’s good to acquire an understanding of what others are seeking, since any hesitation can result in an opportunity lost.
Reply Quote
Legit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]