Diablo® III

100k DPS – 100% Unbuffed (Pics Updated)

insane dude
Reply Quote
After viewing your screenshot I immediately started humping my monitor.
Reply Quote
Nice damage.

But 1.49 attack speed? Surprised you aren't weidling a 2her, lol. Trying getting close to 3.00 attack speed which lets you have MoC spammed every second and LPSS being viable healing WHILE having a screen completely filled with Cyclones....
Reply Quote
my hero
Reply Quote
All I read was....

"After reading about the success some fellow monks were having with a high DPS setup, I decided to share my experiences as well. Though I’ve been sitting at 100k DPS for a short while now, my goal has been to buy as much gold as i can and buy every good piece I could from the AH to achieve a well-balanced stat sheet at the same time."

Haters ganna hate
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
All I read was....

"After reading about the success some fellow monks were having with a high DPS setup, I decided to share my experiences as well. Though I’ve been sitting at 100k DPS for a short while now, my goal has been to buy as much gold as i can and buy every good piece I could from the AH to achieve a well-balanced stat sheet at the same time."

Unbuffed: http://imgur.com/1s4zP
Buffed: http://imgur.com/TEhCw

I reached 70k dps unbuffed and never bought any gold, and my dps is now even higher. Like how I stated in my "125k dps hybrid monk thread" the most gold ive made in two days was 100mil just by selling a couple items. It is not hard to make a large amount of gold, maybe some luck needed for the loot.

Am I the only one that caught the "buy as much gold as I can part?"
Reply Quote
With 100k dps he should be using Life steal not loh.....
Reply Quote
OP - congrats on some sick sick gear. I have a question: how many hours do you have logged? I ask because I feel there are many ways to generate gold in the game (some people play the AH, some sell unids, some just find and ID stuff, etc) and in general the hours played is a good indicator of the items you have.

Do mind posting pics of your gear? I'm curious to see the level of rolls necessary per slot to achieve this kind of unbuffed dps as well as price per item (I can estimate this). I'm trying to do the same thing with my barb, currently sitting at (buffed):

97k hp
55k dps
9k armor
800 AR

(1.8 - 2.3m EHP)

I have gear/pics in my thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037267174
If you don't want to post here I'd like to inspect, Mikhail#1367

What do you feel is the threshold of damage in A3? I'm almost at the threshold in A2 where defense doesn't matter much (although I'm not using any LoH, just Revenge), but have a ways to go in A3.

Also, how quickly do elites go down in A3 for you with this dps setup? Is Blinding Flash + Serenity sufficient time?

Finally, did you ever sell unids or just ID them? If you sold, at which point did you cross that "opportunity cost" barrier? I figure I'll start IDing mine once most of my slots become 30m+ upgrades.

** I take it back, just looking at the screenshot OP has probably around 1bil in gear since that's all unbuffed.
Edited by Mikhail#1367 on 7/12/2012 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
You know what totally turns me off to this?

That you had to play the AH more than you played your character.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/11/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Tinana
At this point in time, my only goals would be to maintain the above while incorporating some life steal, life regeneration, and reduced damage from elites / melee into the build.

It would be incredibly expensive and slow going, but there are still ways you can improve your character other than these that you've listed.

Using resources like this - http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/

show that there will always be ways to improve until every slot has items with max stat rolls in every category thats needed and/or desired. That includes:

- dexterity, yours = 2402, cap = 3158
- crit chance, yours = 42%, cap = 44.5%
- crit damage, yours = 518%, cap = 635%
- attack speed, yours = ?%, cap = 73%

Your dps is the highest I've seen on a monk, and your dexterity is one of the highest, and yet if you were to get closer to cap rolls (of dex) on every slot it would still increase quite a bit.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 7/12/2012 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just reached 50k myself, with 900+ resist all and 6k armor unbuffed, and I like to think I'M kicking !@#. 100k? Elites don't even exist at that point lol.
Reply Quote
3.00 attack speed? You do realize that even with perfect 11% IAS fist weapons and a perfect 9% IAS amulet, rings, and gloves setup, you would only have 2.35 attack speed, right? To take that to a more extreme level, even if you replaced the fist weapons with perfect 11% IAS daggers, you would still need 29% IAS on top of your perfect 9% amulet, rings, and gloves to hit 3.00 attack speed. I’ll let someone else spend the billions of gold necessary to achieve such a lofty goal. :P

Regardless, I will be the first to admit that it would be wonderful to have more IAS along with some life steal, life regeneration, LPSS, and other affixes thrown in. However, trifecta gear with solid stats can cost more for a single piece than my entire setup combined. I know, as I’ve bid on every piece I’ve come across that would count as an upgrade. So I had to choose between extreme DPS or a more traditional setup. Equivalently priced IAS gear would drop my DPS by roughly 30k, which I’ve had the luxury of testing since I possessed several of those pieces from the pre-nerf days before selling them to fund my current gear. Simply put, crit is far better for DPS past a certain level, as any DPS spreadsheet would show.

Again, sustainability has become less of a problem with the amount of damage I deal within one serenity and blinding flash combo. Sure, a weapon with life steal or LPSS would be nice, but it’d be more of a luxury than a necessity, and one that would cost hundreds of millions of gold for one that output similar DPS. As others have stated, with a high DPS setup, you really can kill most packs before they kill you.

I’ll address some of the other posts after work.
Reply Quote
Im trying to friend you in game but it says can't find your name for some reason...
Tinana#443?
Reply Quote
sorry to bother you but i hit the wall on my monk don't know what to do would you mind inspecting me a little bit when you have time pls. hellchickenz#1519
Reply Quote
Mighty impressive!
Reply Quote
07/11/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Ruwe
maybe some INSANE luck needed for the loot.

There, fixed it for ya :-)

I'm at 400 hours played give or take a bit, and I've never had a drop worth more than 2m.

It is not that hard. I have about 378 hours played, and have saved up 72M. I have had two big ticket items I found, one being a Demi Lich, and the other being a quiver. Sold both to the tune of 16M. How did I make my cash? I setup my gear, so that Act 2 gets melted insanely fast. From that point, I sell all of my UNID to a few regular buyers. I keep all rings/ammys to ID myself. Other than that, I get 200k per armor, 250k-400k per 2H, and 400k per 1H. Add to that, all of the sub 1K level 61+ items that I salvage for Exquisite Essence sales, and all of the Tomes of Secrets and it adds up insanely quick.

I'm at 72M now, without buying any gold, and that is with spending a decent amount on upgrades as time has progressed ( ~ 10-12M ).
Edited by JTDSR#1866 on 7/12/2012 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

There, fixed it for ya :-)

I'm at 400 hours played give or take a bit, and I've never had a drop worth more than 2m.

It is not that hard. I have about 378 hours played, and have saved up 72M. I have had two big ticket items I found, one being a Demi Lich, and the other being a quiver. Sold both to the tune of 16M. How did I make my cash? I setup my gear, so that Act 2 gets melted insanely fast. From that point, I sell all of my UNID to a few regular buyers. I keep all rings/ammys to ID myself. Other than that, I get 200k per armor, 250k-400k per 2H, and 400k per 1H. Add to that, all of the sub 1K level 61+ items that I salvage for Exquisite Essence sales, and all of the Tomes of Secrets and it adds up insanely quick.

I'm at 72M now, without buying any gold, and that is with spending a decent amount on upgrades as time has progressed ( ~ 10-12M ).

^ What he said. I did/am doing something similar. It's hard to believe with that many hours logged you didn't find anything over 2m. I've sold tons of unids and even out of the items I've id'd myself I've found ~50m worth with about 350 hours played. Collected 33m too (had a now-retired NM/Hell gold find DH that can bring in 500k/hr).
Edited by Mikhail#1367 on 7/12/2012 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm at 93k damage unbuffed - def possible. I've also only spent 150m combined on both of my weapons - and have a wand selling for 400m so I will also be breaking the 100k damage mark soon. I have not spent a single penny on my character.

here's my gear and stats if people want to compare to his, or what not - since he hasn't shown his gear.

http://imgur.com/a/0hJic
Edited by PheerMe#1763 on 7/12/2012 8:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]