Diablo® III

100k DPS – 100% Unbuffed (Pics Updated)

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but 100K DPS + 600 res is somewhat a glass canon build for Monk, dont you think?
Reply Quote
nope. think about normal/nightmare/hell where everything blew up and you didnt need resist/life/etc.
Reply Quote
Not to highjack the thread, but @fear, did you ever sell unids or just id all your stuff to get the gear/money? I'm at a point where I'm not sure whether I should start id'ing or not as upgrades are now 30m+ for me per slot. Been selling them so far.
Reply Quote
I have never sold an unid item before
Reply Quote
Did you just make the money finding the items?
Reply Quote
Nice meeting some of you in-game. As stated previously, gear pics will come over the weekend. :)
Reply Quote
In response to some posts:

Mikhail:

I’ve put in relatively few hours into the game compared to some others. Perhaps less than 200 hours on the monk and certainly less than 100 hours into the AH and RMAH. As much as I’d love to play hours each day, I have a full-time job as well as a significant other and prefer to make the most out of my leisure time. I was fortunate enough to find a few good drops within the first couple weeks of release, and everything snowballed from there. As Weenerella stated, it’s possible to make over one hundred million gold in a couple days with some efficient trading. Once you have enough working capital, it becomes much easier, and I personally find that aspect of the game as enjoyable as the rest.

For A3, it’s hard to quantify an exact number, but I’ve found that everything became much easier once I exceeded 80k DPS or so. Some packs will die within one serenity and blinding flash combo, while some others require a few rotations.

I enjoy identifying items that I find, so I’ve never sold my unidentifieds. Haha.
Reply Quote
Malmström:

I’ve spent quite a bit more time playing my monk than the AH and RMAH, though I will agree that the AH and RMAH have been far more profitable per time spent. Again, I’ve enjoyed that aspect of the game, but acknowledge that not everyone will feel the same.
Reply Quote
Gotaplanstan:

You are absolutely correct. There is still substantial room for improvement. I’ve used a spreadsheet all along, so I have an idea of what possible upgrades I could make.

At this point, however, I’m satisfied with where I’m at and plan to only casually search for upgrades. None of my current gear cost me more than one hundred million gold. While I’ve owned pieces that were worth more, I did not want to dedicate too much into any single piece so I typically sold those for a profit.
Reply Quote
SpongeBob:

In a sense, the build is somewhat of a glass cannon build, but with just enough sustain to survive the occasional burst. However, I’ve had extremely high defensive stats in the past, and found it still impossible to facetank certain A3 and A4 packs. So I prefer to blow them up instead.
Reply Quote
Why so long to upload any pics of your gear? :)
Reply Quote
I'm at 93k damage unbuffed - def possible. I've also only spent 150m combined on both of my weapons - and have a wand selling for 400m so I will also be breaking the 100k damage mark soon. I have not spent a single penny on my character.

here's my gear and stats if people want to compare to his, or what not - since he hasn't shown his gear.

http://imgur.com/a/0hJic

I drooled. Look at all those ultimate gems.
Reply Quote
I'm at 93k damage unbuffed - def possible. I've also only spent 150m combined on both of my weapons - and have a wand selling for 400m so I will also be breaking the 100k damage mark soon. I have not spent a single penny on my character.

here's my gear and stats if people want to compare to his, or what not - since he hasn't shown his gear.

http://imgur.com/a/0hJic

not hard to do that wen you're only stacking fire res and ignoring all res

i prefer to get as much damage and still maintain a good defense

"One with Everything"
Reply Quote
Tinana, id love to chat briefly with you ingame when you have time, I am unable to add you but when you have some time, id love to chat monk with you.

Thundamonkey #1950

btw, some very impressive stats on this thread, atm, im 25% crit but only 243% damage, so my dps is still weak due to crappy weps at 24k lol
Reply Quote
Gear pics posted on the first page and a little proof that perhaps I'm net positive with the RMAH after all:

http://i.imgur.com/awZMr.jpg

:P
Reply Quote
$1000 in a day? You're kidding right ... brb quitting day job.
Reply Quote
lol no doubt

Man your pants must have cost a fortune lol same with your weapons and amulet
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]