Diablo® III

Diablo 3 is not canon. (SPOILERS)

05/25/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Kaemon
To me, the Wanderer becoming (without needing to) Leoric's oldest son already broke canon

This settles it, NOT CANON.

Thats why they got the freedom to respec things such as this, if I had even a minimal hint that I was Leoric's son at D1 I would understand. But that was plain stupid plot-hole making.

Also, Cain's death must've come from the cutscenes made in 2008, pure trash. And "Lady maghda gaga" is the worst and most imbecile villain ive ever seen on a blizzard game.

Im not even starting about the dumbest lords of hell of the universe because many already stated how stupid they are.

"YOU DESTROYED MY BUTT-KICKING HELL-SPAWNED KITTEN-KILLER CATAPULTS! Well whatever I never needed any of them really, got my own siegebreaker guy to do this, please dont kill him."
-Priceless.
Reply Quote
My, my, how did these butt-aching twelve year olds get onto the site?

07/16/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Picard
Nephalem = stupid illogical concept

Nephalem have been a part of the lore far before than D3. Deal with it.
Reply Quote
07/17/2012 05:10 AMPosted by Wurg

Too bad they're not canon.
Reply Quote
07/17/2012 10:14 AMPosted by LittleDisco

@wurg We meet again, he means it is stupid because our nephalem character is able to kill a black mage from ancient times who got split in several pieces because he was IMMORTAL and the most powerful horadrim + Tyrael couldnt kill him, but our nephalem just dont give a fck to the plot and kills him anyway without breaking a sweat. This is just an example, it is also a fact that the entire story people keep remind how godly you are.

"You can beat diablo and the other 7 lords of hell + the angelic order because ur nephalem! Lucky guy i wish it was me"
Reply Quote
My, my, how did these butt-aching twelve year olds get onto the site?

07/16/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Picard
Nephalem = stupid illogical concept

They may have been part of the lore before D3 but that doesn't mean they didn't suck in D3.
Deal with it.
Reply Quote
07/17/2012 10:14 AMPosted by LittleDisco

Too bad they are canon.

Lilith & Inarius.

Deal with it.
Reply Quote
Too bad they are canon.

Lilith & Inarius.

Deal with it.

That's what this whole thread is about. Saying "Deal with it" doesn't help your cause.

You would need to prove that Diablo 3 needs to be canon. You would need to provide good reasons. Arguments like "it just is" and "deal with it" are not sound reasoning.
Edited by LittleDisco#1482 on 7/26/2012 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
It's Canon.

Like it or Lump it. It has much room to grow as well.
Reply Quote
I...don't get this.
How is the game made by Blizzard as a continuation of a franchise made by Blizzard not canonical to the story of the franchise made by Blizzard?

@wurg We meet again, he means it is stupid because our nephalem character is able to kill a black mage from ancient times who got split in several pieces because he was IMMORTAL and the most powerful horadrim + Tyrael couldnt kill him, but our nephalem just dont give a fck to the plot and kills him anyway without breaking a sweat. This is just an example, it is also a fact that the entire story people keep remind how godly you are.

"You can beat diablo and the other 7 lords of hell + the angelic order because ur nephalem! Lucky guy i wish it was me"

Have you read the Sin War trilogy at all?
The whole reason humans have been able to do ANYTHING to fight back against demons in Diablo 1, 2, or 3 is because they are beings of godlike potential, which until recently (end of D2: LoD), had their powers kept in check by the Worldstone.
Reply Quote
Too bad they are canon.

Lilith & Inarius.

Deal with it.

That's what this whole thread is about. Saying "Deal with it" doesn't help your cause.

You would need to prove that Diablo 3 needs to be canon. You would need to provide good reasons. Arguments like "it just is" and "deal with it" are not sound reasoning.

And saying Diablo 3, made by Blizzard, isn't canon doesn't help your cause. Just because you like the story of Diablo 3 does not mean that it is not canon.

Anything that Blizzard comes out with, with regards to story(novels), video games, animations, etc are considered canon UNLESS BLIZZARD STATES OTHERWISE.
Edited by MykeC#1836 on 7/27/2012 6:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I...don't get this.
How is the game made by Blizzard as a continuation of a franchise made by Blizzard not canonical to the story of the franchise made by Blizzard?

I pictured it to be a bit like this
http://thinkingmomsrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fingers-in-ears.jpg
Reply Quote
It's canon, but that doesn't mean much when the new canon kinda sucks imo. Sorta like the clone wars.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]