Diablo® III

It is possible to view an unid item affixes

If you go to the Auction House, link the item in chat, move cursor to before the item link, press delete... you can then use the ASCII code and a simple brain to determine both the number of affixes and the actual affixes of an item before identifying it.

Considering the buying/selling of unidentified items has become all the rave and occupies almost all of the trade chat it is assumed that people have been using this method for weeks now to scam people into purchasing items they are well aware of the stats of as "unid" for sake of relieving themselves of a few bad items for a great deal more than they are worth.

I think it is important that it be publicly announced that this bug exist ASAP for sake of saving people from being scammed.

DO NOT BUY UNID ITEMS!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
How on earth does ascii code do anything to help determine affixes?
Reply Quote
Fu%$%¨$ing bump because I just saw a friend doing that and I realized its really possible. If canceling items on AH by changing the clock wasn't amateur enough from Blizzard, now I realize its possible to see stats of an unidentified item. This post took me an hour to post because I'm typing with one hand, the other one isn't fapping, its STILL facepalming for that ...
Reply Quote
I'll keep bumping this post till I get banned or answered... How can Blizzard be so amateur?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump. just because this is flippin retardedly easy to fix, and yet is still in the game. can't believe how much profit half the retards doing this have probably made. sigh. I just decided to take an indefinitely long break/possibly quit the game because of this. Good thing i level'd 3 60's first. waste of time....
Reply Quote
I bought tons of unidentified items for 100 - 300k, I'm just feeling silly, stupid, frustrated, dunno which word should I pick ...
Reply Quote
bump!
Reply Quote
Doesn't work anymore?
Reply Quote
it still works. actually i think it will always work. now it's easy to get the guid in game, but when they hotfix this, you probably just be able to sniffer it.

Maybe just remove the "id" function, then again that spoils a bit of the fun...
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Confirming it still works, I tried it out on one of my items and it does indeed work 100%. There are actually C# programs out there that decode everything for you. Stop this madness!!!
Reply Quote
This needs to be fixed NOW!!!!! there are websites out there showing how to do it and tells you the code to ea affix and will tell you more or less what the affix will do IE 30-50% incresed dmg. Granted it will not tell you the exact DPS of the item but it will give you a idea if it would be worth selling.

I will link the web site where it tells you how to do it so they can see whats going on.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/wmvr8/do_not_buy_unid_items_right_now_there_is/

if you do some searching threw google you will fin out what ea affix code is and the % on it
Reply Quote
boomp
Reply Quote
Agreed, this is way too easy. It's been posted in general, trade, many websites. This needs fixed last week. Simply preventing players from getting the information from the chat window without cheats will not be enough, the hackers will find ways to get it anyway if it's sent to client.

I looked around to see how deep the rabbit hole goes, and it turns out that there's already real-time tools that will tell you what every item is that's linked in the chat window... regardless of UNID state.

Either UNID id'ing needs to go, right now; or they need to stop sending stats and affix count to the client before its id'd, right now.
Reply Quote
bump^^
Reply Quote
sorry for the bumps, just read a post about it being not allowed. sucks but this post will have to die unless others join in. no more bumps from me I guess. nice.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
I would simply not buy unid items. I am sure that is what blizzard is thinking, and I can't blame them. If you want to gamble, buy blacksmith plans and get to sinking that pile of gold.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the bumps, but this is over now. You can stop
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]