*** This method is not recommended or supported by Blizzard ***
This is how you can change the patch_url without the need to reveal hidden files and folders. If you can already see hidden files, just go in your Diablo III folder on Finder and open the .agent.db file as you would normally do.
Make sure you understand the instructions before you start.
---------- How to change the patch_url by editing the .agent.db file on Mac OS X.
This is how you can set your client to get updates whenever they're released in the Americas region: (Shouldn't be needed if you use a client meant for the region you play in.)
1. Open Terminal.
2. On Terminal, navigate to your Diablo III folder by typing the following:
cd "/Applications/Diablo III"(If you did not install it on the default location, type the correct path.)
3. Make a backup copy of the original .agent.db file first. On terminal, type:
cp .agent.db dotAgent.db.bak
4. Still on Terminal, type the following command to open .agent.db on TextEdit:
open -a TextEdit .agent.db
5. find the "patch_url" line and change its value to:
http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patchObs: Do not remove any of the quotes or comas. Change the patch_url and nothing else.
6. Save and close the file. (If asked to unlock the file, do it.)
7. Now go in the Battle.net folder: (Using Finder. You don'tt need to use terminal anymore)
8. Once inside the Battle.net folder, select and move the Agent folder to trash. (don't skip this step)
9. Start the Launcher.
(Obs: Those using an English client (enUS, enGB or enSG) should avoid changing language of the game after doing this. - Meaning, leave it blank and don't mess with it unless you undo the changes to the patch_url first)
Initializing 0.0% - 99.9% or "An unexpected file management error has occurred."
- If the launcher doesn't finish "Initializing" after changing the patch_url you either need to downgrade your client to the previous version or wait until the patch is deployed on your region. (This shouldn't happen if you play in the US servers and you also have the option to undo the changes you made.)