Diablo® III

Changing the patch_url on Mac OS

59 Undead Death Knight
---

*** This method is not recommended or supported by Blizzard ***

This is how you can change the patch_url without the need to reveal hidden files and folders. If you can already see hidden files, just go in your Diablo III folder on Finder and open the .agent.db file as you would normally do.

Make sure you understand the instructions before you start.

-----------------
---------- How to change the patch_url by editing the .agent.db file on Mac OS X.
-----------------

This is how you can set your client to get updates whenever they're released in the Americas region: (Shouldn't be needed if you use a client meant for the region you play in.)

1. Open Terminal.

2. On Terminal, navigate to your Diablo III folder by typing the following:
cd "/Applications/Diablo III"(If you did not install it on the default location, type the correct path.)

3. Make a backup copy of the original .agent.db file first. On terminal, type:
cp .agent.db dotAgent.db.bak

4. Still on Terminal, type the following command to open .agent.db on TextEdit:
open -a TextEdit .agent.db

5. find the "patch_url" line and change its value to:
http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patchObs: Do not remove any of the quotes or comas. Change the patch_url and nothing else.

6. Save and close the file. (If asked to unlock the file, do it.)

7. Now go in the Battle.net folder: (Using Finder. You don'tt need to use terminal anymore)
/Users/Shared/Battle.net

8. Once inside the Battle.net folder, select and move the Agent folder to trash. (don't skip this step)

9. Start the Launcher.

(Obs: Those using an English client (enUS, enGB or enSG) should avoid changing language of the game after doing this. - Meaning, leave it blank and don't mess with it unless you undo the changes to the patch_url first)

---

Initializing 0.0% - 99.9% or "An unexpected file management error has occurred."
  • If the launcher doesn't finish "Initializing" after changing the patch_url you either need to downgrade your client to the previous version or wait until the patch is deployed on your region. (This shouldn't happen if you play in the US servers and you also have the option to undo the changes you made.)
Edited by e1D#1473 on 11/28/2012 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks much for the guide, works like a charm.
Reply Quote
Hi, iam from PH, mac user..

when i type in /diablo III,, its says, that is "no such files or directory,

when if fact i installed my diablo on my applications folder..

weird...
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
Make sure you do not remove the quotes or it will fail because of the space between Diablo and III. If it's on the default location just copy and paste that command.

You could also get there by typing
cd /Applicationsand then
cd "Diablo III"
Edited by e1D#1473 on 7/11/2012 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you so much, was bashing my head against the wall till I found your post.
Reply Quote
ur F#$%^ genius! haha! thanks!
Reply Quote
i did all the instructions, but after i've changed the language into english from the language selection. 2.5gb patching appears it seems i've made some mistake? Thanks
Reply Quote
still not work on mac
Reply Quote
Great!, Perfect Solution!
Reply Quote
I've done everything as instructed.... still doesn't work... so i decided to go to gym

THANK YOU BLIZZARD now i can start to live again
Reply Quote
bye diablo, so disappointed for your afford
Edited by nehpetsLSH#1815 on 7/11/2012 6:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bro Barthus: I followed your steps 1 to 7 but no avail. Both my windows & mac showed that i downloaded the patch 1.03b but when i clicked "PLAY" the version still show the old one.
Please help....
Reply Quote
1 Setup (2.28GB) 2 Playable (4.48GB) 3 Optimal (3.19GB)zzzzzzz LOL new installation?
Reply Quote
Bro Barthus: I followed your steps 1 to 7 but no avail. Both my windows & mac showed that i downloaded the patch 1.03b but when i clicked "PLAY" the version still show the old one.
Please help....
Reply Quote
i just bought the game and now i cant even start
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
07/11/2012 06:21 AMPosted by Gasty10
i did all the instructions, but after i've changed the language into english from the language selection. 2.5gb patching appears it seems i've made some mistake? Thanks

You changed the language... You shouldn't.

Please help....

If you simply change the patch_url but stop following the instructions before step 8, nothing will change.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 7/11/2012 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Please Blizzard, not all people are computer person. I just want to play the game, i not even know what is terminal,where is my Battle net folder,agent folder how to make back up copy.
Please solve the bloody problem Blizzard and let us play the game.
Reply Quote
Sorry... I done all steps 1 to 9...
Reply Quote
07/11/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Barthus

You changed the language...

Please help....

If you simply change the patch_url but stop following the instructions before step 8, nothing will change.

Sorry... I done all steps 1 to 9...
Reply Quote
@Barthus

from account option menu.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]