Diablo® III

Changing the patch_url on Mac OS

59 Undead Death Knight
Please Blizzard, not all people are computer person. I just want to play the game, i not even know what is terminal,where is my Battle net folder,agent folder how to make back up copy.
Please solve the bloody problem Blizzard and let us play the game.

It's weird how an issue affecting so many players can be ignored for so long.
Reply Quote
move to trash diablo III folder.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
07/11/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Gasty10
1 Setup (2.28GB) 2 Playable (4.48GB) 3 Optimal (3.19GB)zzzzzzz LOL new installation?

You probably deleted the Data_D3 folder or something. (You're not supposed to do that)

07/11/2012 07:05 AMPosted by DESMONSTER
Sorry... I done all steps 1 to 9...

Check the .agent.db file again to make sure you changed the patch_url. Then, do step 8 again as it's meant to reset the Agent settings so the Agent will have to pull the settings from the .agent.db file again.
Reply Quote
@Barthus

from account option menu.

The solution for me is to change the language selection then download 2.6 Gbz patch?
Really works, bro? i'm really sick of this patching problem...
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
@Barthus

from account option menu.

The solution for me is to change the language selection then download 2.6 Gbz patch?
Really works, bro? i'm really sick of this patching problem...

No. If you change the language the launcher will download a language pack but it will patch the game.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 7/11/2012 7:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@DESMONSTER

That's my reply to Barthus.
Reply Quote
07/11/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Barthus
1 Setup (2.28GB) 2 Playable (4.48GB) 3 Optimal (3.19GB)zzzzzzz LOL new installation?

You probably deleted the Data_D3 folder or something. (You're not supposed to do that)

Sorry... I done all steps 1 to 9...

Check the .agent.db file again to make sure you changed the patch_url. Then, do step 8 again as it's meant to reset the Agent settings so the Agent will have to pull the settings from the .agent.db file again.

If your method really can't work for me, re-install Diablo III? or other alternatives?
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
07/11/2012 07:29 AMPosted by DESMONSTER
If your method really can't work for me, re-install Diablo III? or other alternatives?

There's an easy way without having to re-download the whole thing. (You will have to download ~2.5GB)

1. Delete the Battle.net folder (/Users/Shared/Battle.net)

2. Download the enUS setup from:
https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/?show=d3
http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/d3-installers/0d0f9268-6e92-4aa1-8556-8724e79f4833/Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.zip

3. Run the enUS setup you downloaded.

4. Install on the same location your Diablo III is currently Installed.
  • (If you installed on the default location, you don't need to change the path. If you installed it somewhere else, select the same parent folder and make sure it's not creating a new Diablo III folder inside the existing Diablo III folder.)

• Instead of re-installing and redownloading the whole thing, the installer will repair your install but will keep your MPQ files. Because of this, the amount of data you will have to download will be reduced to ~2.5GB.
    Edited by e1D#1473 on 7/11/2012 7:41 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    07/11/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Barthus

There's an easy way without having to re-download the whole thing. (You will have to download ~2.5GB)

1. Delete the Battle.net folder (/Users/Shared/Battle.net)

2. Download the enUS setup from:
    https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/?show=d3
    http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/d3-installers/0d0f9268-6e92-4aa1-8556-8724e79f4833/Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.zip

3. Run the enUS setup you downloaded.

4. Install on the same location your Diablo III is currently Installed.
  • (If you installed on the default location, you don't need to change the path. If you installed it somewhere else, select the same parent folder and make sure it's not creating a new Diablo III folder inside the existing Diablo III folder.)

• Instead of re-installing and redownloading the whole thing, the installer will repair your install but will keep your MPQ files. Because of this, the amount of data you will have to download will be reduced to ~2.5GB.

Bro, after downloading e 2.5gbz file, i still need to repeat the entire steps again to get the patch then i can start playing?
    Reply Quote
    Works perfectly, thanks a lot
    Reply Quote
    worked perfectly. DL the 2.5 million GB patch and then follow the steps. if you cant find the "agents" folder just type it into the finder search bar.
    Reply Quote
    wow. Thank you Barthus
    Reply Quote
    59 Undead Death Knight
    07/11/2012 07:54 AMPosted by DESMONSTER
    Bro, after downloading e 2.5gbz file, i still need to repeat the entire steps again to get the patch then i can start playing?

No. When it gets to the playable stage you should be able to launch and play the game.
    Reply Quote
    07/11/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Barthus

No. When it gets to the playable stage you should be able to launch and play the game.

Thanks, this works....
    Reply Quote
    It worked for me too. Thanks OP.

Its the second time this has happened. Why can't I just play a game without having to be online, or download a terabyte of updates all the time.

I only play this game and I enjoy playing it, but Blizzard is a constant disappointment on many levels.
    Reply Quote
    12 Dwarf Hunter
    Thank you so much Barthus!!

I was totally starting to get frustrated!

You Legend!
    Reply Quote
    Wait, not a computer person here.

I found terminal. So do I just type and enter? Or do I create "New Command" and run inside a shell? What exactly do I do?
    Reply Quote
    work's like a charm! good job finally!
    Reply Quote
    run the terminal and copy and paste what he said on the terminal and just enter it, follow what he says after that lol
    Reply Quote
    Okay I just did that.

Here's what is says:

/usr/bin/cd: line 4: cd: "/Applications/Diablo: No such file or directory

[Process completed]

Which is weird coz' I did install it in my Applications folder. I'm looking right at it. :|
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]