Diablo® III

Changing the patch_url on Mac OS

59 Undead Death Knight
Okay I just did that.

Here's what is says:

/usr/bin/cd: line 4: cd: "/Applications/Diablo: No such file or directory

[Process completed]

Which is weird coz' I did install it in my Applications folder. I'm looking right at it. :|

Quoting myself:

Make sure you do not remove the quotes or it will fail because of the space between Diablo and III. If it's on the default location just copy and paste that command.

You could also get there by typing
cd /Applicationsand then
cd "Diablo III"
Reply Quote
ur genius man~ thank you
Reply Quote
unable to load diablo III followed all the instructions
Reply Quote
@barthus - works as a charm dude, may you get all the rare and legendary items *amen*
Reply Quote
Dont select language in account option, leave it blank.
Reply Quote
Hi there! I did steps 1-9 but it stopped at "setting up the launcher". So I deleted the new "Agent" and placed back the old one. And it worked. Just additional info. Apparently steps 1-6 worked fine. Awesome step-by-step. I was going crazy cause I lost my D3 cd. couldn't install it all over again.

Thanks man. Cheers!
Edited by JAGA#6429 on 7/11/2012 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I bought my mac in Germany got the German version ob D3 but I m living/playing in the moment in Jordan/Middle East.

anything special I need to take care of ? or shall I do all steps mentioned on page 1?

thanks for a reply
Reply Quote
I didn't backup agent file and deleted all :(
I open launcher and it says initializingg but play is greyed out I can't press
Please help me
Reply Quote
I erased whole game now setup doesn't start WTF

Why always problems. It shouldn't be that hard to give some effort from all the money they making
Reply Quote
My patch_url was already the one suggested, unfortunately. I guess I will try to reinstall and hope that somehow that does something different.

Edited to add: THIS worked for me.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6232273232

That thread REALLY should be stickied. It would make a LOT of cranky mac users a whole lot less cranky right now.
Edited by JosieNutter#1548 on 8/1/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I did all of the steps and now i am getting the error: An internal error recured, please restart. Contact costumer support if problems persist. Can anybody help me?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bump and thank you!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Which steps are you attempting? Generally we don't ask to modify the Agent.db files, as issues like this may happen.

What is the cause to attempt to modify this file in the first place?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, for me, it fixed the same problem that this guy is having:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368698439
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
08/21/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Ilazia
I did all of the steps and now i am getting the error: An internal error recured, please restart. Contact costumer support if problems persist. Can anybody help me?

Internal error means you did something wrong.

If you made a copy of the file as instructed, you can restore the original .agent.db file.

You can also repair your Diablo III:

1. Download the installer from battle.net
2. Go in /Users/Shared/Battle.net
3. Move the Agent folder to trash.
4. Run the installer you downloaded from Battle.net and install the game on the same location it's currently installed.
Reply Quote
Not work!!! GO GO SOLUTION!!! I HAVE PAY TO PLAY NO TO KNOW HOW TO USE MY MAC TY!
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
08/21/2012 02:08 PMPosted by KushEpic
Not work!!! GO GO SOLUTION!!! I HAVE PAY TO PLAY NO TO KNOW HOW TO USE MY MAC TY!

If you don't play in the Americas region and your client is already at version 1.0.4 simply changing the patch_url wont help.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 8/21/2012 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks so much, champion!!!
Reply Quote
It worked for me, thanks a lot for the instructions!
Reply Quote
works
Edited by Darkslay#1820 on 8/21/2012 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]