820 resis (with buff)
1.71 attack speed
37% crit chance
144% crit damage
830 LoH
my weapons are dual wielded, pretty close to this
1H - 795 DPS/110 vit/450 LoH/50% crit damage
2nd hand - 720 DPS/110 dex/375 LOH/45% crit damage

now I know I need better weapons with crit damage and a socket to make it like 120 crit damage, but those are expensive with LoH. Should I dump LoH and get crit damage? I dont know. I was thinking about doing it on the 2nd hand at least.

But I am stuck in the middle of Act 2, I can get through the first half pretty easy, but when I get to the part where you are in the water logged passage way quest area after you rescue that Chinese dude who talks the whole time. I'm stuck there, the elites destroy me and they seem to always trap me in to where I cant move, ever.

Any tips? advice would be appreciated!

the build (how do you hyperlink btw?) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UQYXgi!ZYU!ZccbYc
Edited by AntonChigur#1886 on 7/13/2012 5:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
damn I guess I'm supposed to sell something on this forum now
Reply Quote
I farm A2 with rarely a death and my stats are worse than yours. I'm at 1805 Dex, 777 Vitality (27k HP) was at 21k DPS for most of the last 2 weeks (now at 25k) with 798 LoH, 1.95 Atk, 25% Crit and 148% CD. AR is 800-850 and Armor at 7500 with enchantress buff.

My weapons are 795 and 748 DPS and I killed D tonight with 3 stacks after progressing from Ghom today. The only mob that flat out killed me were the elite Phase Beasts and one elite pack of Tremors.

You have to drop WoTF. I used to run that because I loved the AOE damage. But Deadly Reach will work better for Act 2. FoT will work better for Acts 3 and 4. Also, dump MoH and pick up MoE with Backlash or MoC with Overawe. Once you play those for a couple runs you'll never go back to WoTF or MoH (except in rare occasions).
Reply Quote
my stats are far more worst than yours and i can farm act 2 quite easily with unless impossible elites like (jailer/frozen/arcance/descrator) melee's nightmares.

this build might help http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#afYhgi!ZYU!aZccYc

the trick is always use sweeping wind, the more mobs around you the more crits generated thats why i use cyclone strike with more range.

then just spam mantra to coupe up with heal while waiting for serenity.
Reply Quote
View profile
k thanks, I will try switching the skills up and see if it helps
Reply Quote
Ya, it's definitely has to be your skills.

I was in a similar situation in Act 3..then I added a bit more attack speed..and all of a sudden I started mowing everything down.. it's weird.

I think you have the gear though. Goodluck.
Reply Quote
what's your armor? if it's low you should try using seize the initiative to boost it by your dex amount. Like Patrick suggested, I would drop WotHF for FoT for better spirit generation. it will also proc sweeping winds more often.
Reply Quote
I have far less stats than you, yet I beat Belial on the first day, even though I die quite often I still make profit 2 mil each day (minus repair cost) while farming act 2... you're doing something wrong man....

i have a lot lower dex, vit, res, crit, EVERYTHING

22k health, 20k dmg, 300 sth res, 20% crit, 168% crit dam, 4k armor?, 35% dodge, etc....
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks very much guys, that actually helped out a lot!! I still die from some elites, but oh well I'm progressing. I switched to Fot with thunderclap, is that the best rune to use? Also switching MoH for MoE with backlash was pretty big too.
Reply Quote
from your skill set, i can guess that your armor is pretty low without hard target from mantra of evasion and the passive seize the initiative. its best to have your armor and resist balanced out so its around 1 resist to 10 armor. its not a must have since i run around 850 resist and 7500 armor but if you're like 820 resist and 4500 armor then thats a big problem especially those that dual wield.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/13/2012 03:22 PMPosted by kokocabana
from your skill set, i can guess that your armor is pretty low without hard target from mantra of evasion and the passive seize the initiative. its best to have your armor and resist balanced out so its around 1 resist to 10 armor. its not a must have since i run around 850 resist and 7500 armor but if you're like 820 resist and 4500 armor then thats a big problem especially those that dual wield.

well I'm nowhere near that, like 700 resis without the buff and 4200 armor with seize the initiative. I don't see how its even possible to get it a few thousand more, everything is a billion gold or $100+ and I'm not spending money and since it's impossible to find an upgrade, I'll just have to hope to spot some upgrades that I can afford in gold.
Reply Quote
View profile
for some reason I had this thread saved.

THIS IS A LONG BUMP

anyone else remember "those" days?

ya, this game got better at least
Reply Quote
time of need and keen eye will get you through.. you'll have to do this 1.1 style ;)
Reply Quote
I noticed you ran 2 mantras last time! LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]