Diablo® III

[Suggestion] Manuallly replayable banter

Dear Blizzard,

I'd just like you to know that I really enjoy the followers' banter and I can only hope that there will be even more in the upcoming expansion packs.

However, it is a shame that their lines get repeated so often every time you resume the game. This is why I propose a simple solution that could easily be implemented in a patch: make the lines play only once, but make them replayable from the "Talk" option in the follower's menu. This way, we can replay them at our leasure in case we miss them or want to hear them again!

I hope this thread gets your attention and that you will give this idea some thought.

In any case, thank you for Diablo 3. :)
Reply Quote
I think if they do that then they should also have an option where you hear it once per act, so a total of 16 times. That way its not too much and not too little. If it only plays once then you might miss it, plus it would make the game more lonely, just you and a silent guy/girl running around killing things. Although I do admit I've heard the templar's "why does evil not fear the light?" convo a little too much.
Reply Quote
I'd like to be able to replay the most recent message from the menu, (or just any of them....) and have an option to limit their messages to once.
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard,

I'd just like you to know that I really enjoy the followers' banter and I can only hope that there will be even more in the upcoming expansion packs.

However, it is a shame that their lines get repeated so often every time you resume the game. This is why I propose a simple solution that could easily be implemented in a patch: make the lines play only once, but make them replayable from the "Talk" option in the follower's menu. This way, we can replay them at our leasure in case we miss them or want to hear them again!

I hope this thread gets your attention and that you will give this idea some thought.

In any case, thank you for Diablo 3. :)

I think they should occur more than once. Acts tend to be fairly long in D3 and there are plenty of times my follower started to say something only for me to think the conversation is over and do something to end the conversation or just get ganked and not be able to pay attention. I like the idea of it being a re-playable but I also don't want to have to keep a mental inventory of when I couldn't hear the templar rambling on about something because there was suddenly a mob swarming me. I think having the follower say the same thing 3-4 times would keep it fresh enough that it wouldn't be annoying, but also assure that players hear the conversations in a fairly natural way (rather than having to kick through menus).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]