Diablo® III

Endgame farming = MF -> But MF = Soloplay + F

• Best end-game farming = MF gear.
  • Best MF gear = Soloplay + MF Follower.

Result:

Diablo 3 end-game = Singleplayer game
    Edited by Gabriel#2116 on 7/16/2012 2:44 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    Pretty much, dont want to lose your followers mf.
    Reply Quote
    Yep, just like D2.
    Reply Quote
    If you play with friends and you're all wearing a nearly equal amount of MF, it's actually more efficient. You can split up while looking for champions to cut way down on the time it takes to find them. Also going up to 4x the number of players in the game doesn't increase the health totals of the mobs by 4x, so you can kill them faster too. Basically, you drastically reduce the time necessary to clear the act and still get the same amount of benefit.
    Reply Quote
    07/16/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Barrett
    Also going up to 4x the number of players in the game doesn't increase the health totals of the mobs by 4x,

I have been reading that each player adds 110% to mobs health? Is this wrong?
    Reply Quote
    add MF bonus per person playing like say 10% and stop avging MF gear. FTW
    Reply Quote
    The average is jacked up anyway in multiplayer. Everyone I play with has about 1/3rd magic find and drops 3 rares to every one that I drop consistently. Extremely frustrating. My MF is about 235% and my friend has 48%. WHY is he dropping 3x more rares than me (and usually better quality)?
    Reply Quote
    I have been reading that each player adds 110% to mobs health? Is this wrong?

It's 75%.
    Reply Quote

Result:

That's why the smart majority dont play public games. Public games are only good for beginners. xDD
    Reply Quote
    If you play with friends and you're all wearing a nearly equal amount of MF, it's actually more efficient. You can split up while looking for champions to cut way down on the time it takes to find them. Also going up to 4x the number of players in the game doesn't increase the health totals of the mobs by 4x, so you can kill them faster too. Basically, you drastically reduce the time necessary to clear the act and still get the same amount of benefit.

Players can also get away with more offensive glass cannon builds if they have some sort of tanking or CCing hero.
    Reply Quote
    Playin pub games > a2 inferno is pointless if you have good mf gear. D3 is more of a friends oriented. You can play pub games for fun, or to meet some ppl, but in the end you either farm solo, or with friends where you know your mf won't be crippled by them. Most of the time I play solo, but I try to do at least one run a day with friends. And it's much more fun than solo play (when using teamspeak). But we all have >300mf, so the drops are almost the same as in solo game + the fun of playing together.
    Reply Quote
    07/16/2012 05:25 AMPosted by novo
    Playin pub games > a2 inferno is pointless if you have good mf gear. D3 is more of a friends oriented. You can play pub games for fun, or to meet some ppl, but in the end you either farm solo, or with friends where you know your mf won't be crippled by them. Most of the time I play solo, but I try to do at least one run a day with friends. And it's much more fun than solo play (when using teamspeak). But we all have >300mf, so the drops are almost the same as in solo game + the fun of playing together.

Pub games in Blizzard titles have pretty much never been worth while. In D2, if you didn't have 3rd party programs to pick up items, and a faster computer / connection than everybody else, you didn't get items. In WoW, pugs started off as just bad groups, after a while, Blizzard dumbed the game down enough to the point where pugs could participate in raids, but the gear they received was crap in comparison to non pugs. Now in D3, pugs can't function well together, kill more slowly, and do all sorts of bad things to your item finding (like averaging your MF).
    Edited by Barrett#1525 on 7/16/2012 5:33 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    07/16/2012 02:43 AMPosted by Gabriel

Ummm......YEAH Mr. Herp Derpington!. Diablo games are ALWAYS single player with OPTION for multiplayer.
    Edited by KainDraven#1803 on 7/16/2012 5:59 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I TOTALY AGREE .

J C M

JUST CUP MF
    Reply Quote
    Game's lame.
    No amount of suggestions to deaf ears will make it better.
    Like all the deaths of close friends and family, eventually we must move on.
    Reply Quote

Result:

which means this game should have been offline with optional online and LAN play in the first place.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]