Diablo® III

Message from Mike Morhaime

07/19/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
Regarding the real-money auction house, our primary goal for including this in the game was to provide convenience and peace of mind for those players who might otherwise turn to third-party services to buy items. Black market trading sites can put accounts at risk and create many customer service challenges. We felt that the players themselves also deserved the opportunity to benefit from the extra loot they found, as opposed to having all of the benefit go to the black market/illegal trading organizations. We know the auction house isn’t perfect, but with your help and feedback, we’ll be able to continue making it a better experience for those who choose to use it. On the flipside, we are also committed to ensuring you have a great experience with Diablo III without feeling like the auction house is mandatory, which was never our intention. Thank you for all the feedback about that.

Then if its all for the good in mind why do you take a 15 +15 % cut from it ?
It is quite obvious tho..
The good in mind and security for the gamers did had a cost eh ?

I dont use the RMAH in any way, but if i did i would not getting 30% less then what i could have got from person to person payment!

However im glad for the improvement on the legendarys :)

And that you are giving something extra to the public games, tho since I and certainly many others are in the "farm status" now, it wouldnt be a bad thing to perhaps add something like farming games, IE not a game for players who are progressing (which is what you get most often when joining a public game) But for us who wants to kill things in a good pace and get loot, but dont want to always play alone... :/

07/19/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
We’re also working on a gameplay system that will provide players who have max-level, high-powered characters new goals to strive for as an alternative to the “item hunt.” We’re not ready to get into specifics just yet, but I can say that we’re actively taking your feedback into account as we plan out the future of the game.

Thanks for that, its veeeery neeeeded :D
Edited by Toxie#2951 on 7/19/2012 6:00 AM PDT

...however, Diablo III was designed from the beginning to be an online game that can be enjoyed with friends, and the always-online requirement is the best way for us to support that design.

Then PLEASE PLASE PLEASE fix the fact that the majority of the time you are punished for playing with friends.

See:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080179715

and many other threads.
Edited by SnuggleKitty#6538 on 7/19/2012 6:07 AM PDT
"You’ve seen some of that work already in patch 1.0.3, and you’ll see additional improvements with patch 1.0.4. "

that part scares me :S

If you call those improvements and we're going to get more of them they why not just shut the game down?

they said "game balance" more nerfs to come. crit build ouch
85 Blood Elf Priest

Overall, while there are some downsides to the online-only approach, I still believe this was the best long-term decision for the game.

Have you read the PC Gamer magazine review? They said they considered giving Diablo 3 a score of 0 for making the antagonistic and all-around horrible decision to make the game online only.

It's not just the people here on the forums that think it was a horrible idea.

Basically anyone who can think coherent thoughts is saying it was a horrible idea.
please don't nerf magic find - swapping, you will lose many players if you do.

As I see it. whirlwind barbs and consequently build up poison monks with their higher build in survivability are able to run through the content more quickly while ranged classes need to kite more but have through this the option to have a higher chance for a better item at the time. The melee classes would then be the only viable ones for effective act 3 farming; to restart over, putting in a onother couple of 100 millions for good gear is then certainly not for everyone.

Many players will then quite, I know I will... and I really like playing the game, just not for no reasen ( only crapy loot ).
It's really nice to see a new blue post, but unfortunately I can't find here anything new and important, all these words i'v been listening to from the launch of the game except the ones about the end game content, but it's way too uncertain to make any opinions. These words about balancing the skills... they just make me feel anxious, one more patch with nerfs could ruin the game.
As for me, I guess that the major issue of D3 for now is that the game is not as rewarding as it should be, especially concerning Inferno difficulty. When u play it for 24h and can't find anything new worthy of putting it on - it just drives people to leave.
How about NOT BEING ABLE TO DODGE MELEE ATTACKS
Please add more monsters as well! A lot of areas are undercrowded.
07/19/2012 05:56 AMPosted by achan1058
Concrete patch 1.0.4 details please.

You wouldn't get that from Mike, you can bother a CM about it though - like the one that posted his message. Oh wait, don't shoot the messenger!
"The Diablo III team has made an epic, entertaining, and beautiful gaming experience"

then says...

'game is broken'.

Mind=Blown

Sorry, buddy... but this game wasn't fun after you forgot to actually release it.
Thank You Mike

Your message has restored some of the faith we still have in this game.

We are looking forward to the upcoming updates to the game and hope that one day the game will be as rewarding as the previous games in the series were.
Yeah no worries we heard all this before about how good the game was going to be... and look how terrible it turned out. unless the game is going to shift towards its diablo 2 roots (which it wont) then I dont see myself returning to play. I just enjoy reading the forums to see if anything has changed (which it hasn't)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]