Diablo® III

Message from Mike Morhaime

I vote for adding an option to only pickup items when a certain key is pressed in a future patch.

I find it rather frustrating when I run in to two packs of elites, kill one and pick up items when I try to attack the pack that's left. Since I play hardcore I imagine the unintentional picking up of items may kill my character sometime as well.

In Diablo 2 LOD I could do this with the chat command /nopickup which I would always enter when I started a game. Perhaps it could be added to gameplay options so I could always have it enabled.
1. Raise player limit to 8
2. Enable world PVP
3. Add Damage Reduced By xx% items.
4. Increase attack speed to pre patch level
5. Add mana and life leech, make them relevant/remove life on hit.
6. Experience gain and mob life directly proportional to number of players. Enable /players 8 option for those who want to solo, but level faster.
7. Carry over drop rate/ilvl of inferno to hell difficulty.
8. Create special banner and title to those who complete inferno.

Normal Difficulty: Slayer
Nightmare Difficulty: Champion
Hell Difficulty: Patriarch, Matriarch
Inferno Difficulty :

Hardcore character titles:
Normal Difficulty: Destroyer
Nightmare Difficulty: Conqueror
Hell Difficulty: Guardian
Inferno Difficulty:

9. add more useful set and unique items for all levels. (IE twitchthrow(req lvl 16), shaftstop(req lvl 38), valor(req lvl 85))
10. Increase proc rate of stats such as knockback, blind, freeze.
11. Decrease maximum +stats to 100 on item, enable manual stat allocation (+10 to +15 per level)
12.Enable different act through way points.
13. Allow us to make our own game, with option to name our game room and browse.
14. Remove RMAH, GAH allow only ilvl 60 and lower to be listed. Ilvl61+ will be rare again and not easily obtained through AH.
15. Increase drop rate of set and rare items, remove nonsense roll such as +str +int +dex on a same item.
17. Increase lvl cap to 99
18. Enable rune leveling, allow us to put points into runes to make them more effective. Add synergy similar to d2.
19. Add ladder
20. Remove pony land, add cow level.
21. Remove NV.

It seems like you want to play Diablo 2 LOD. I think you can still pick it up for $20 if you want. Last time I checked it still has enough players to be fun.
As a mere player there have been several lessons I've learned regarding the macro level of developing a AAA franchise sequel in the wake of Diablo 3's first couple of months. If I was astute enough to learn them, it's my sincere hope Blizzard has as well.

1) Player base input is more valuable than in-house input.
2) A game CAN be in development for too long.
3) A thorough beta test must supersede concerns of spoiling plot.
4) An ARPG should be easy to learn while being unapologetic in it's difficulty to master.
5) A game director isn't a marketing director and vice versa.

Time will tell if the above lessons were noticed let alone implemented.
Edited by Beldargon#1503 on 7/27/2012 5:49 PM PDT
Oh man

I just realized something...

Not only would they have to revamp Battle.net 2.0 to make this game more sociable, but they'd have to nuke Diablo 3 and build it from the ground up making the AH AN OPTIONAL FEATURE. If they revamp Battle.net 2.0 it would also affect Starcraft 2 to make that game more social too. Wow who woulda thought? If it wasn't for e-sports, Starcraft 2 would be in the same boat as Diablo 3.

If they fix Diablo 3, this game is gonna be completely different than what we're already used to. No pay to win, a thriving gaming community within, an actual end game, and an actual game to play instead of Auction House Tycoon.

But nope, 4v4 WoW style arena with an easy exploitable elo system, game changes and direction would still factor the RMAH, and we still won't be playing Diablo 3.

Take a lesson from Final Fantasy XIV. Restructured the game from the ground up and it actually looks like a playable game. Not only that, the directors are in constant communication with the playerbase telling their players about the future of the game and the direction.

What we got here? A letter from the CEO which explains nothing, no communication from the developers/CM's to the players and an overall disconnect to what the players want.

Think it's time you listened to the players. The players and the community are what made you successful, not these short sighted business goals that lead to concerns and doubt.
85 Dwarf Paladin
Just out of curiosity. I know the "Loot" problem is not easy for Blizzard to fix. If you improve drop rates the people who are trying to use the AH, will probably get upset. This would be because the AH would be flooded with items (not that it isn't already). I don't like the AH and try not to use it, but when I am getting items that are 15 levels below me I get pissed off. It makes the game not fun to play.

Here is my solution and I don't know how hard it would be to implement. However, Make it so someone can create a character that does not have the ability to use the AH. This would allow you to improve drop rates and fix a lot of bad juju in the player base. That way those people who are trying to make money off the AH (Blizzard included) could continue to do so. However those of us who want to hack and slash our way to great new drops and equipment would be able to do so. Just a thought, it is not fun when you almost HAVE to use the AH to get eq...

Edit**

Players, please feel free to comment on this. I really have no idea how hard it would be to implement, maybe someone else knows. Thumbs up if you like the idea.
Edited by KeyserSoze#1643 on 7/27/2012 5:38 PM PDT
07/19/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
We are not satisfied with breaking launch records; we want people to continue playing and enjoying Blizzard games for a very long time.

07/19/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
On the flipside, we are also committed to ensuring you have a great experience with Diablo III without feeling like the auction house is mandatory, which was never our intention. Thank you for all the feedback about that.

kk, lies.
2. Enable world PVP
6. Experience gain and mob life directly proportional to number of players. Enable /players 8 option for those who want to solo, but level faster.

Inferno Difficulty :

Inferno Difficulty:

9. add more useful set and unique items for all levels. (IE twitchthrow(req lvl 16), shaftstop(req lvl 38), valor(req lvl 85))
11. Decrease maximum +stats to 100 on item, enable manual stat allocation (+10 to +15 per level)
13. Allow us to make our own game, with option to name our game room and browse.
14. Remove RMAH, GAH allow only ilvl 60 and lower to be listed. Ilvl61+ will be rare again and not easily obtained through AH.
15. Increase drop rate of set and rare items, remove nonsense roll such as +str +int +dex on a same item.
18. Enable rune leveling, allow us to put points into runes to make them more effective. Add synergy similar to d2.
19. Add ladder
21. Remove NV.

It seems like you want to play Diablo 2 LOD. I think you can still pick it up for $20 if you want. Last time I checked it still has enough players to be fun.

Because thats what most people expected from diablo 3. Something better or close to diablo 2 lod.
Im not sure if this has been said but can we get a logout option if a person in your group is AFK
more then 20 mins then FFS log them off the game.

Or give us an option to actually kick people that works.

So tired you work in a public game then someone has to leave to get a dumbass that
sits in town doing nothing

I think an option like the battleground debuff?? if they arent near the grp they get booted

Sorry its getting harder and harder to logon not sure ill get my last toon to 60 before quitting
2. Enable world PVP

Inferno Difficulty :

Inferno Difficulty:

19. Add ladder
21. Remove NV.

yes i agree with most of the things in the list actually :)
8 players would be frikkin awesome ! and make the game harder ! much harder ! mobs that are harder to beat, so we would actually be afraid of pulling the entire map at a time.... maybe change 6 skill slots to 7 or 8 so compensate for the extra difficulty etc ... would be much more fun

and overall the game would be more fun without an action house or a much more controlled version of it. right now it just doesn't make any sense at all.

i actually had hope Blizzard would have learned all this from Diablo II and WoW those game have kept people busy for years and years !
Edited by Penance#6997 on 7/27/2012 7:29 PM PDT
Thank you for communicating and listening :) I'm encouraged with the promise of progress. Grinding for low quality loot is really tiring, I'm hoping to see something for that perhaps later on. Thank you! *cheers!*
Diablo community: "Inferno is too hard!"

*Blizzard lowers difficulty of Act 1*

Reaction: "It's too easy!"

Diablo community: "Raise the drop rates for Inferno!"

*Blizzard raises the drop rates in June hotfix"

Reaction: "Game is engineered for the AH, evil horrible Blizzard!"

Diablo community: "We need answers from Blizzard about what's gonna be in 1.0.4! specifically Legendaries and unused skills!"

*Blizzard posts direct letter from the CEO on the forums that talks about Legendaries getting buffed, balancing skills, and making the AH optional not mandatory*

Diablo community: "It's all lies, lies I tell you, evil corporations!"

Not aiming at anyone specifically here, but this is how Blizz games work. They get perfected over a long period of time with patches and expansions. Time to be patient and see what these new Legendary and set items will do to make the game worth farming again.

Guaranteed, more corporate bs, disguised as "fun". I hope I'm wrong tho, I want to like this game. I really do.
Goodbye Blizzard, tired of lazy and boring game designs.

I think you should have listened to your beta testers and not doubled the difficulty on Inferno, as is it is so difficult as to make it so gear dependent that even if you spend a ton of time farming and hope for the best or spend a small fortune in the AH. Neither are worth it, the game in inferno is a joke, more work and a pita than a game. Another Blizzard failure, WoW starts out great goes to you know what now another franchise destroyed, here's hoping another company rises up and cleans your collective clock. Making something more difficult, ridiculous epic mobs that drop junk for loot is not the way to ramp up a game for higher difficulty. Why not add content at each level, some puzzles, more interesting quests etc, something fun not just stupid lazy junk (oh I know lets just make the mobs invulnerable and give them more hit points, pathetic).
Edited by Kaboom#1675 on 7/27/2012 10:30 PM PDT
After spending mucho dinero in the AH for stuff that I could not find or troll for and is really only worthy of playing in Hell mode, ergo it did not work in Inferno mode very well, despite it's "high quality" (damage above 37000, armor at 80%, and vitality at 90,000), I developed a new strategy which has worked well enough to get me to Zuhn's archives in Act II and I call this method the Usain Bolt Strategy. I purchased boots that have 12% additional speed and I run past everything I can or lead them away from my path and die. Although I usually die multiple times using this stratagem,there by giving Blitz more money as repair bills are $0.12 per yellow man (approximately 4 deaths) which occur about 50x per task, it allows me to progress with 75% fewer trips to the repairman. Although I do not get much booty, all of the stuff I had gotten so far has been worthless so why bother dying to get more worthless stuff? The best sword I have received in Inferno mode so far (Act II, Zuhn's Archives) has a DPS of 376 which is not even good enough to kill Diablo in Nightmare mode. Anywho, I run around using my "leap" to get over elites or big clusters until I find the next portal or task object then leap to snag it before I die quickly. One can even do what I call the loopty-loop whereby you get the elites attention and then lead them to a desolate part away from where you need to be and then let them kill you; the elites stay there and after you are revived the elites are down some tunnel on the other side of the map and out of the way for you to proceed to where you were going. The Usain Bolt Strategy doesn't require $200 swords or $90 helms, just 12% movement boots and the ability to leap.
Edited by JustJeff#1323 on 7/27/2012 10:59 PM PDT
Just let the blizzard know that here is another player leaving diablo3 because the game is boring.

Did I waste $$ to buy this game? No, cuz RMAH paid for it already.

Would I buy any new blizzard games? No, cuz they need to "fix" diablo3 first.

GG
07/27/2012 10:55 PMPosted by JustJeff
After spending mucho dinero in the AH for stuff that I could not find or troll for and is really only worthy of playing in Hell mode, ergo it did not work in Inferno mode very well, despite it's "high quality" (damage above 37000, armor at 80%, and vitality at 90,000), I developed a new strategy which has worked well enough to get me to Zuhn's archives in Act II and I call this method the Usain Bolt Strategy. I purchased boots that have 12% additional speed and I run past everything I can or lead them away from my path and die. Although I usually die multiple times using this stratagem,there by giving Blitz more money as repair bills are $0.12 per yellow man (approximately 4 deaths) which occur about 50x per task, it allows me to progress with 75% fewer trips to the repairman. Although I do not get much booty, all of the stuff I had gotten so far has been worthless so why bother dying to get more worthless stuff? The best sword I have received in Inferno mode so far (Act II, Zuhn's Archives) has a DPS of 376 which is not even good enough to kill Diablo in Nightmare mode. Anywho, I run around using my "leap" to get over elites or big clusters until I find the next portal or task object then leap to snag it before I die quickly. One can even do what I call the loopty-loop whereby you get the elites attention and then lead them to a desolate part away from where you need to be and then let them kill you; the elites stay there and after you are revived the elites are down some tunnel on the other side of the map and out of the way for you to proceed to where you were going. The Usain Bolt Strategy doesn't require $200 swords or $90 helms, just 12% movement boots and the ability to leap.

Nerf leap. Half the distance. Nerf run speed by 50%. Increase mob aggro radius by 1000%. Fixed Blizzard style.
Diablo 3 the fall of blizzard.

This game is with out a doubt the most disappointing game I have ever played.
There is very little that even relates to the original series. Sure we kills stuff our hand and fingers get tired spamming the 1 key or left mouse or right. But in general its not the same game.

Online only. Utter fail....I can't tell you how many times I wanted to try hardcore only to get my hat handed to me because of blizzard server lag! Why even have that as an option its moronic. Fail design.

The real money and auction house are completely out of hand and economic chaos. With blizzard so kindly allowing people to buy gold everything has gone up like 100x or more in price since the game started. You physically cannot farm enough to get the gold you need for those 1.1 billion gold 1H weapons for barbs. Oh and yeah the yellow drops....oh nice level 52 and 54 items in ACT Inferno with 300% GF with 5 stacks. What a joke.

Blizzard makes gear puts it up on both the real money auction house as well as the general gold auction house. This game is rigged to pilfer your real pockets. Its corrupted at the highest level. Do you even pause to wonder why nearly all the fixes in the game since it came out were either for a) game exploits "you are making to much gold" or b) real money auction house "enhancements" read as incitements.

This is blizzards attempt to sate the Diablo masses and make and turn a huge nut on our backs. As well as testing the real money auction house for their new up and coming Titan MMO. They used you all pure and simple.

We were taken...

Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me.

As ta Blizzard you unscrupulous wankers.
When 1.04 comes out?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]