Diablo® III

Message from Mike Morhaime

Thanks Mike!

Some hepful feedback:

What made diablo players like myself such longtime players once the game was beat was awesome loot. Now loot seems very limited, with drop rates and crafting as is, 99% of gear choices are exclusively rare items.

In contrast, before we had:
Runewords, usable white items, magic items w/ prefixes better than rares, good unique weapons, good full sets, upgradable lower tier items with horadric cube, craftable items as their own special type, and ethereal items. The variety and frequency of cool loot kept us hooked.
Thank you for posting.

Some promising stuff ahead it seems, however when are we going to get some information regarding the Unid problem and a possible solution?
thanks, loove esteban
You are so right. The way they killed off Cain with a sub boss no one cares about was idiotic. I honestly liked the plot of the animated story over the actual game plot.

Since when was the Diablo series about the plot? It as always been thinner than paper.
Edited by Fluzing#1329 on 7/19/2012 6:22 AM PDT
"make co-op play even more rewarding" even more rewarding? what lol. You might want to start by actually making it rewarding. As for the legendarys its great that you plan to up the power but we need some to actually drop for that to have an effect.
Thanks for the informative post. Good to know pretty much all of my concerns are being addressed. Fingers crossed that the next patch will bring some of my friends back online.
Well I appreciate the sentiments there, but as always the proof is in the pudding. At least I can still hold out some hope. Maybe all this ruckus on the forums is getting through to blizz.
07/19/2012 06:22 AMPosted by Fluzing
You are so right. The way they killed off Cain with a sub boss no one cares about was idiotic. I honestly liked the plot of the animated story over the actual game plot.

Since when was the Diablo series about the plot? It as always been thinner than paper.

The concern isn't about 'when was plot important' - it's that what's in the game is disgraceful and is insulting on the level of the Transformers movies or the new Amazing Spider-Man.
more lies. i am although, anxious to see this "build diversity" you speak of... if i am correct, you will just nerf stuff again so we all shift to the next build. I also noticed you used to word "buff" for us, not against us. interesting...
and you guys think blizzard is evil.

+1 to mike lawl~
To be honest, I wouldn't mind an ETA on 1.04 but at this point, I'm waiting for other games.
TL;DR: Thanks for purchasing the Diablo III Beta.
Thanks for communicating, its not all I hoped for but its enough for not uninstalling for now.
Thank you for showing awareness to your community's plight.

Even if we are rude (these forums are a mess) i'm sure you can agree D3 can still be improved in many ways, and the game was somewhat of a disappointment endgame wise for some.

I am awaiting the patch 1.0.4 with very high expectations, and most of the issues i want to see resolved are being looked at from what your post seems to mention. The only one that is still missing is co-op having no additional rewards which makes solo play more effective and less of a pain.

Looking forward for the future :)

Couldn't put it better myself.
Thanks for the post Mike. Please do not nerf any skills to "balance" things out. Glad to hear some skill buffs will be done instead to help balance gameplay.
My concerns are still:
1) worthless rare loot drops
2) inferno difficulty / repair costs (many friends have quit over this).
3) RMAH and AH price gouging.... equipment upgrades are outrageous prices. 100mil+? really? high level gems also over priced. I've grind the crap out of this game for over 200 plus hours and have bought minor upgrades here and there and still only have 2 mil or so. Doesn't matter, since Gold doesn't buy crap at that level.
4) legendary / set drops almost never occur and when they do they are under powered. (glad to here this will be worked on).
5) Blacksmith items are generally crap so I don't even bother to salvage any more. Some creative changes here would be appreciated to help drive the level and attributes of items created.

Honestly, until the patch, I'm probably done too. Hopefully the patch will put some life back into D3. I had high hopes for it. If not, there is always Torchlight II to look forward too.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]