Diablo® III

Message from Mike Morhaime

08/01/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Leius
You killed a great franchise and now you want us to believe that you care. Get lost.
83 Undead Mage
I personally would've rather had a nice long post of

"Here are things we are considering. Note however, these aren't guaranteed to be put in the game. However, they are all in discussion during our meetings based upon the feedback given on these forums."

And than put a laundry list of things they actually have discussed they would like to do.

That'd be awesome. At least then I could think to myself "Hmph, they are listening to us and thinking about ways to improve the game".

Now that would have been an awesome post. It would have been a lot better than the hot air that we got. I can't see where all these fanboys found so many positive vibes from his post. he didn't tell us anything new and if anything made things worse. Time will tell I guess.
83 Undead Mage
Dear Diablo Players,

For Diablo III, we looked at historical sales for Blizzard games and other top-selling PC games and watched preorder numbers. We even upped our estimates to ensure we had additional capacity, or so we thought. In the end, it just wasn’t enough, and that is something we will work hard to conquer for future releases.

see, this is where you were supposed to apply your "and then we doubled it" philosophy.

Now that's a great reply :)
83 Undead Mage
07/19/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Vanitii
Our teams are working hard to improve the game balance,

Isn't this one of the issues that comes up a lot? WHY are you trying to balance in an ARPG? shouldn't our characters be overpowered? i could understand trying to balance the game's difficulty into a steadily rising scenario, but why are you guys trying to balance characters....oh wait pvp...it's doing it to yet another game.

Because they only know how to make MMO's now. It is all they have done for last 12 years and they forgot how arpg's are supposed to be made. I have no idea why you need to balance different classes in an arpg, and I think the only reason they do it they don't know any better.

You also don't need online only in a arpg but again they are trying to force people to play with others, MMO mentality.

It is such a shame to see the great name of Diablo being abused like this.
You have lost all faith in me blizz. Activision i bet at the $ again. Let this thread be a reminder when you next start calculating profits.

Profits are temporary, a great game is eternal. Completely screwing a godly game title, eternal shame.

Dont think the customer base will forget either, its coming 3 months now with no fixes, yet advertisment and pointless additions no one wants or asks for are being shown off as achievements. While you completely ignore the product itself. RMAH over game fixes itself is a clear indication as to where your intentions are at.

The Blizz fan base has gotten you so far, now is a time to listen and communicate, stop being so arrogant and listen to the people that put you in the lucrative position you are are currently abusing.

The fact that Mr. Kotick already stated that his main goal is to take the fun out of video games. Shows me what direction Blizzard is being taken to, and a big companies influence over the gaming industry, its a shame.

From the status "soon tm" to "broken beyond repair, and completely neglected tm".

- The entire forum
Edited by Abigdeal#6995 on 8/2/2012 5:54 AM PDT
83 Undead Mage
Any chance we can get you to explain why this is called "essential"?

"The effectiveness of the online elements -- including the friends list and cross-game communication; co-op matchmaking; persistent characters that you can use by yourself, with others, and in PvP; and some of our customer support, service, and security components -- is tied directly to the online nature of the game. These and other online-enabled features are essential to our design for Diablo III. "

Many of us have never used the friends list (except to ignore gold spammers), cross-game communication (I don't even know what that means), co-op matchmaking (we play strictly solo, self found).

The other things mentioned are inconsequential to a game that's not online. Diablo III would have made a fine off-line experience... it is not essential to your design.

Just my guess... but what is not being said is that offline game means the save file is kept locally when means it opens it up to potential save file hacks. I think we saw this happen in D1/D2 and ended up seeing dups of items.

Big deal. If offline mode was built and designed correctly none of those dupes would ever be made to the online environment anyway. It is DRM pure and simple.
most bought this game to get lost in sanctuary after 10 weeks of playing the game im like looking for another game

which is bulldust, this game has soo much potential
basically to be the best dungeon, demon killing game out there.

less focus on the economy and the control more on the game play and story line realese the entire map bring diablo 1 and 2 into the game it is diablo 3 the trilogy the end of days

SO make it so u need raid dungeons available in solo or co-orp......
not just some cave or hallow or crypt lol with some packs in it ......like is that the best u can offer ?

look at guild wars 2 like OMFG!!!!!!! cant wait for it and ive been a blizzard fan since diablo 1
why the hell are u bothering with pvp production when the game is broken atm liek fully broken............................

everyone played diablo and loved it soooooo much because there was reward for hard work
.... loot loot loot heaven and hell how on earth could this game have gone wrong ......

everyones process in the game now is as follows

log in kill elite packs equip magic find set or just wear MFBgear if ur gear is good enough
ID vendor 1 in 100000 items ID might be OK!!! and usefull
its no different in hardcore its no different if u have all classes too level 60

gawd i could go on forever fix the game....................

oh and big ups too kungfu panda wow !!!! ??? errrrrrrr
07/31/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Muzzy
I feel that the biggest problem with the game is that it's simply too easy. Hardcore is the only saving grace of the entire game. Although it still requires using the auction house, it's much more immersive and has a much higher replay value. The costs of dying in softcore should be a lot stiffer, such as losing gold or levels.

How can you loose gold when you don't have any? The gold you do buy from the RMAH goes right back to them in repair fees, so in reality you do loose gold. It just so happens the gold you are loosing you didnt find you F@#$#2ing paid for.
I don't think the higher ups are getting that the "item hunt" WAS diablo 2. Finding sets and legendaries was what kept us all playing, it was awesome.

These new legendaries are so rare (only 2 found in 5 playthroughs) and their random stats are so low (and sometimes weird, like a hunter item with mana restore) that they're often disappointing even for their level. I know the reasoning behind this is so the AH isn't overrun with great items, but the factor that made us love the last game has been removed and replaced by a pay to win model.

An unavoidable pay to win model too. If you have a friend you play co-op with who uses the AH, you have no choice to use it yourself or you get left far behind.

What this game needs is a no AH mode, with better drops and higher quality legendaries, a separate shared stash between your non-Ah characters (I do enjoy the shared stash, it comes in handy), and the ability to progress without the auction house.

Unfortunately the AH has become the center of the game, for many people. Half of us are grinding gold just to keep up, the other half are buying and selling gear on the Ah to make a profit instead of actually playing the game. Either way, it's a grind tat doesn't give us the enjoyment we'd get out of just finding a few legendaries with half decent stats.

The endgame isn't the issue. It's the loot.
In the end....

Actions speak louder than words.
I think I'll just post this here since it suits this thread the best.

The Untapped Value of Complainers

Acknowledge: Always begin by acknowledging the complaint and the complainer. Whether or not you think a complaint has merit, you have to start by granting the legitimacy of the complainer’s point of view. Empathy is a very powerful cure-all, but it must be displayed freely and without reservation on your part.

Apologize: There’s no substitute for simply saying “we’re sorry.” No ifs, ands, or buts--just plain old “sorry for this.” As the complainer tells you what’s wrong from his or her perspective, apologize early and often. With feeling.

Amplify: Probe for additional information about the complaint. As the complainer vents to you, and as you are acknowledging the complainer’s problem and apologizing for the inconvenience or for whatever other injury the customer incurred, keep asking if there is anything more--any further dissatisfaction that has not yet been voiced. Get it all out.

Ask: Once the problem has been fully exposed--when the complainer says there isn’t anything more--you should ask the single most important question: What does the customer think would be a fair and satisfactory resolution? How can your company remedy the injury?

Act: Then, if it’s at all possible, do what the customer has just told you would be fair.

http://www.fastcompany.com/1844420/the-untapped-value-of-complainers?partner=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+fastcompany%2Fheadlines+%28Fast+Company+Headlines%29
07/27/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Cramer
Because thats what most people expected from diablo 3. Something better or close to diablo 2 lod.

I'm glad I didn't get the same game I already have installed with a graphics update. I wouldn't have been happy if I had paid $60 dollars for D2 LOD version 2. Show me some numbers that support your claim. All I see is that trolls will troll. D3 is an action rpg in the spirit of the two games that came before it that has built on what worked and dropped what didn't. It needs some fixes sure, but if "most" of the people had D2 and weren't just trolls then they would be playing D2 rather than wasting time on the forums being rude.

Or the TL;DR version if you had D2 and wanted to play D2 why did you buy a new game?
08/02/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Matthew
Because thats what most people expected from diablo 3. Something better or close to diablo 2 lod.

I'm glad I didn't get the same game I already have installed with a graphics update. I wouldn't have been happy if I had paid $60 dollars for D2 LOD version 2. Show me some numbers that support your claim. All I see is that trolls will troll. D3 is an action rpg in the spirit of the two games that came before it that has built on what worked and dropped what didn't. It needs some fixes sure, but if "most" of the people had D2 and weren't just trolls then they would be playing D2 rather than wasting time on the forums being rude.

Or the TL;DR version if you had D2 and wanted to play D2 why did you buy a new game?

It's like you are reading what we post, but not taking it in. We want the basics that made D2 so great and replayable, but an updated game for 2012.

1. Set items and legendaries that are geared towards builds. Would have liked to see a difference in a whirlwind specced barb vs. a frenzy built barb. It would have been great to see items that you pick up and its not great for every possible build, but more towards 1-2 of your skills.

2. Resistances and immunites on enemies. That would have fit in great with changeable skills, a fire immune mob could be less of a wall if your wizard could change to a different set of skills on the fly.

3. Stats, they have a purpose now, getting dex for a barb isn't totally useless, but no one in their right mind would chose that or int over str. If they created the builds a bit better, we may have seen skills that would be more powerful with dex for the barb, and it would have been viable to build a dex barb than just strength ones.
I could swear this thread used to be titled "Message from Jay Wilson." am i imagining this? been away a while. was jay finally fired?
give me back my money
08/02/2012 05:34 AMPosted by Abigdeal
The Blizz fan base has gotten you so far, now is a time to listen and communicate, stop being so arrogant and listen to the people that put you in the lucrative position you are are currently abusing.

Fully agreed good sir...

To add on,
You're a company that has always gone off the beaten path when creating legends, which is why it always made your games the best.
Until now... with Diablo 3, so how about you do something what no other game maker would do, admit mistakes, take responsibility, and work with the community to resolve the problems, if it comes down to it kill this atrocious thing you call Diablo 3, and give us something we deserve.
Edited by Wounded#1295 on 8/2/2012 10:32 PM PDT
137 pages of some good and some bad responses ideas and feed back and not one single blue response...

does that explain to any of you how much blizz is listening...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]