Diablo® III

Message from Mike Morhaime

07/19/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Astealoth
I have played for 200 hours now. I'd put 85% of that in inferno. In 200 hours of play I have not found one single item worth keeping or selling on the auction house more than 5k or so.

That is highly unlikely.
The drop rates are a lot better than they were in Diablo 2 (except for the legendary stuff), so I'm happy. :) Also looking forward to the buffed legendaries and other improvements to the game.
No idea why people pretend they don't like the game they claim to play so much.
Want to know what you guys need to do? Listen to your community.
Oh, look a bug that causes unids to be identified. Well, I don't think I'm going to warn the community and I'll just delete that thread and maybe it will vanish by itself.
NO. You need to make service updates warning players of this glitch. You need to make a sticky topic about this. Everything can be solved by talking with the community and giving what the customers want!

In any case, I would like to thank you for your RMAH. I sold everything and now up $150 and already got about $60 previously. I will now buy guild wars 2 and hope that they have a few people that represent them to actually talk to the community. Peace.
what about the duping! I want to know why 8 of the same bows were listed on the AH! Anyone who spends money on the RMAH has a right to know if the item they are thinking of spending money on is not 1 of a kind!
...the team will continue to fix bugs and further tune game balance as well.

"tune game balance" better mean "make you guys jokingly strong so that this can be entertaining".

We’re also working on a gameplay system that will provide players who have max-level, high-powered characters new goals to strive for as an alternative to the “item hunt.” We’re not ready to get into specifics just yet, but I can say that we’re actively taking your feedback into account as we plan out the future of the game.

Wonder how well that'll go.
Concrete patch 1.0.4 details please.
07/19/2012 05:51 AMPosted by aene
Some of you WoW babies should have played Everquest.. the original. No instant gratification there... but I forgot thats what all the little kids want these days.. now now now... Drop rates wahhhhh. Grow a pair and stop crying so much!

I (stupidly) played EQ for 6+ years. No one hated their player base more then SoE and Brad.

But that a false analogy -We didn't buy an MMORPG, we thought we were purchasing an Action RPG.
Can't wait for the new Legendaries.

Just a thought...
Would it be possible to get in game updates when an item of yours gets sold on the Auction House?
Just incase you guys didn't know Mike Morhaime is not Nethaera. Nethaera is a long standing old school Community Manager. Mike is the President and CEO of Blizzard. Huge difference and Nethaera is serving as Mike the Prime Evil's vessel!! The end times clearly must be near!!

In all seriousness it's pretty awesome the CEO is addressing us and the current state of the game and future plans. When you want feedback and reassurance it's always best to go to the very top!

Did he just say legendary improvements for 1.0.4 though?! I thought it wasn't going to be till 1.10 lol..oh uh stuff just got serious, better chop chop on that game developers haha!
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 7/19/2012 6:00 AM PDT
more nerfs to come they said game balance. watch out crit builds.
90 Tauren Shaman
07/19/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Astealoth
I have played for 200 hours now. I'd put 85% of that in inferno. In 200 hours of play I have not found one single item worth keeping or selling on the auction house more than 5k or so. I just can't see the sense in your game design. Drop rates are pathetic, there is no other word for it. No one should be subjected to that. I understand you want to keep the top level items worth $200+ for your RMAH percentage but you're strangling your playerbase.

Are you running with MF? RNG is RNG of course, but that sounds very unlucky. I've played maybe 80 hours thus far and sold around 20 million worth in items.

We always need to be careful what we wish for. People think back to sets/uniques dropping like candy in D2, but they forget that 95%+ of sets/uniques were worthless in that game. They weren't worth more than pgems at most. If drop rates are increased substantially then most items would become near worthless. There's a balance somewhere that needs to be achieved.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]