Diablo® III

Dear Mike, Actions Speak Louder than Words

This could not have been better said
Joules

Frankly, your email felt a bit contrived and insulting to your audience of adult professionals who've been around the block for more than 10 years, and aren't just 'some kids playing games in their mother's basements.'

You points are overall quite valid, but lay off the drama.

I'm fairly certain that anyone who gets insulted over a post regarding a video game is:
1) Not emotionally an adult
2) Not very professional
3) Due to 1&2 quite possibly still living alone or with their parents.

I hit level 60 on all character types. The game's boring to me now. Oh. Freaking. Well. I'll check back every few weeks to see if a new patch came out. If not, oh well, plenty of other leisure activities to participate in.

Drama Queen isn't the right tone to strike if trying to sway Blizzard.
Edited by Myrdrexial#1694 on 7/19/2012 4:56 PM PDT
He is handling it. My theory is that this communication shows he is now directly involved - that the criticism has reached him and stung. He is not going to throw his staff under the bus by publicly undermining their creditability (more than it has already been undermined by the shaky launch, some poor design choices, glitches, and bad patches). I just hope he is instituting a comprehensive review to make this an excellent title, worthy of the Blizzard and Diablo legacy.
Thumbs up and sticky requested

2 months in and player base is declining rapidly when it should be growing. Something needs to be done to save this game
Edited by dmGinC#1537 on 7/19/2012 5:07 PM PDT
You points are overall quite valid, but lay off the drama.

I'm fairly certain that anyone who gets insulted over a post regarding a video game is:
1) Not emotionally an adult
2) Not very professional
3) Due to 1&2 quite possibly still living alone or with their parents.

I hit level 60 on all character types. The game's boring to me now. Oh. Freaking. Well. I'll check back every few weeks to see if a new patch came out. If not, oh well, plenty of other leisure activities to participate in.

Drama Queen isn't the right tone to strike if trying to sway Blizzard.

Thank you for the bump and agreeing that my points were overall quite valid. Attacking me personally constitutes way more drama than saying the tone & content of his post was insulting the intelligence of his users who deserved more than 13 paragraphs of no new information or admission of the real flaws still plaguing the game. But on that subject we can happily agree to disagree.

I could care less if you think I'm dramatic. What I do care about is Blizzard communicating with us with integrity and not empty words with no real commitment or solid information (dates) behind them relative to fixing the things the players want fixed.

Besides, I think Deckard Cain would have taken dramatic measures if he thought it would have saved the world from disaster and in many ways, Diablo 3 is very much a disaster.
well said, these game is pooh and after the "letter" i have even less hope for it. infact that letter is the final nail in the coffin here. it shows us that those in charge have no real idea of what is wrong, no real idea on how to fix it, and no time frame to fix it in.
Well said dude.
Devilsfan118

tl;dr.

That's exactly what any employee at Blizzard will think when they see your post. Sorry, truth kinda sucks.

True and it does suck. But the forums are full of these 'what's wrong walls O'Text' and the truth is you don't have hundreds of players compelled to write such missives unless your game is seriously broken.

If Mike IS reading/posting to the forums then clearly they are aware that something is seriously wrong. If they don't start reading, they have no shot at saving face and having any audience left to buy "Titan."
15 Human Mage
For some reason when I read the thread title I thought it said auctions speak louder than words.

This game is messing up my brain.
nicely said.
thanks. liking this post here.
Great post well done sticky thumbs upped... what more can we do...

At least the forums are still entertaining. Honestly, I wanted an apology and I didn't get that. If they can't admit they messed up and own up to it with an apology then I don't see them making the changes necessary for this game to be enjoyable.

We teach our children to own up to their mistakes and take responsibility at a very young age, yet a grown man can't seem to... very disappointing.
Edited by Cheddar#1538 on 7/19/2012 6:08 PM PDT
For some reason when I read the thread title I thought it said auctions speak louder than words.

This game is messing up my brain.

The Irony is it feels like AUCTIONS do speak louder than words in that having a cut of the RMAH auction business seems to take design priority over giving the players what we want and have asked for in this game for a long, long time. They had 10+ years to get this right with a blueprint for success already proven over many years. How on Earth they could screw this up so badly is nearly inconceivable! ("INCONCEIVABLE!" -Vizzini)

If the AH was put in for our protection and safety then by all means leave it but fix the loot so we don't need it and so that the few players who want every vanity, set, and legendary in the game to be in their stashes without farming for it have it as a resource.

I'd wager that most would vastly prefer being able to find all of their own end game gear versus buying it in the D3 AH Tycoon mini game. Which actually feels like THE game, the main game, and the ARPG is the minigame. It's so backwards.

Hearing Blizzard justify their decisions around many things in this game, from the always online to the RMAH brings to mind another conversation that the person was simply incapable of hearing anything but their own voice: (Remember this?)

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You've made your decision then?

Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Vizzini: Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?

Man in Black: Australia.

Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're just stalling now.

Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.

Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!

Man in Black: Then make your choice.

Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?

Man in Black: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]

Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.

Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter. First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.

Man in Black, Vizzini: [Vizzini and the Man in Black drink]

Man in Black: You guessed wrong.

Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]