Diablo® III

Dear Mike, Actions Speak Louder than Words

Joules

Frankly, your email felt a bit contrived and insulting to your audience of adult professionals who've been around the block for more than 10 years, and aren't just 'some kids playing games in their mother's basements.'

You points are overall quite valid, but lay off the drama.

I'm fairly certain that anyone who gets insulted over a post regarding a video game is:
1) Not emotionally an adult
2) Not very professional
3) Due to 1&2 quite possibly still living alone or with their parents.

I hit level 60 on all character types. The game's boring to me now. Oh. Freaking. Well. I'll check back every few weeks to see if a new patch came out. If not, oh well, plenty of other leisure activities to participate in.

Drama Queen isn't the right tone to strike if trying to sway Blizzard.

Your response to what he wrote seems to be more overly dramatic than anything in his post.

Also, what's up with the completely out of left field "still living alone" comment? Nearly half of Manhattan lives alone.
Edited by Cryogen#1749 on 7/19/2012 6:43 PM PDT
+1, sticky requested
+1
90 Orc Death Knight
I hope Mike does get to see this thread, with his own eyes.

Mike, you walked past me at this past Blizzcon, and I said "hey mike!" and you actually looked me in the eyes and said "hello". I believe you are a down to earth guy and you care about the community.

I also feel like you want to do the right thing for you and your company. You have a huge responsibility in making business decisions to keep all of your men employed. I hope that you realize, the fans are also apart of this "blizzard family". Many of us have been LONG supporters of you and your work. We hope that you will act swiftly to ensure the life of the Diablo franchise will not be snuffed out because of lack of heeding warnings of the community.

loyal fan,
whanbullets
If you feel like you have been ripped-off, you need to uninstall the game. Yes, you paid for it, but I really don't think that matters at all.

I've bought peaches from Wal-Mart that I'd rather throw in the trash than eat. It's not that they're rotten... they just taste like their blueberries and bananas and watermelons and chicken. They were picked while they were still seeds in the plant that would have made them.

Lesson=learned. Next time, if quality matters to you, don't pre-order.

You have no idea what they're doing at Blizzard. They could be fixing the problems. They could be playing golf right now. They could be hiring a new set of game designers to re-vamp the whole thing. Who knows? One thing that won't fix it is creating another d*bag thread about how Blizzard was the greatest thing since Tuesday and they fell to the status of worms and vomit overnight. That fixes nothing. It just becomes random forum noise that makes you look like your parents taught you no manners at all.

Game designers are people. Before creating a thread, consider what kind of writing you would actually read if you were a game designer. Imagine you did your best and you really thought what you had made was great... then everybody suddenly started taking a dump in your forum. Maybe it wasn't the greatest game in the world, but what would you do with the 8,843rd forum post about how crappy your game was?

mmmmm... That's why people keep throwing around the qualifier term "constructive criticism."
90 Night Elf Hunter
+1 OP. Gee, why do ya think they cancelled Blizz con this year?

*scratches head...*

Your title should have been 'Auctions' Speak Louder than words.

You points are overall quite valid, but lay off the drama.

I'm fairly certain that anyone who gets insulted over a post regarding a video game is:
1) Not emotionally an adult
2) Not very professional
3) Due to 1&2 quite possibly still living alone or with their parents.

I hit level 60 on all character types. The game's boring to me now. Oh. Freaking. Well. I'll check back every few weeks to see if a new patch came out. If not, oh well, plenty of other leisure activities to participate in.

Drama Queen isn't the right tone to strike if trying to sway Blizzard.

Your response to what he wrote seems to be more overly dramatic than anything in his post.

Also, what's up with the completely out of left field "still living alone" comment? Nearly half of Manhattan lives alone.

Not dramatic at all. In fact quite the opposite- I'm simply pointing out that disagreement with a direction a video game is taking is absolutely not worth being "insulted" over. And if you are going to be upset by it, hyperbole certainly isn't the solution.

I too wish the game had been better in it's initial release. Oh. Well. I enjoyed it for a hundred hours or so and will move on. Maybe in 6 months after an expansion or three it'll be fun to pay again. If not, it's simply not worth being angry or insulted over.

Constructive criticism is a great thing for Blizzard. Hyperbole isn't.
07/19/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Plutarch
Joules you're making it sound like someone is FORCING you to play D3. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Its so simple! No amount of pissing or moaning is going to have your subjective arguments heard. It won't turn D3 into D2 with prettier graphics (based on the laundry list of complains you posted). So quit.

Winners never quit and quitters never win.
Vince Lombardi

That would be too easy and I like Blizzard, I liked many if not all of their previous games. I was one of their most loyal fans so forgive me for not going quietly. I still have a small glimmer of hope that they can and will turn it around even if Mike's post left me skeptical at best. But no, I won't quit and won't go quietly into the night. I care, perhaps you do too which is why you're here as well.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]