Diablo® III

[Idea] Positive Monster Affixes

Monsters should sometimes have additional affixes that make interesting things happen to keep players glued for that next pack. A couple of my ideas are the following:

Hoarder: Drops a guaranteed i.lvl 63 item
Rich: Drops 10x the amount of gold
Ancient: Increased chance to drop a legendary
Appraiser: Drops a guaranteed 6 affix item
Cursed: Gives the player a very nice damage buff upon defeat.
Traitor: Shows the player the location of the nearest Treasure Goblin upon defeat.
Jay Wilson: Fixes this game upon defeat. [joke]

just stuff like that can make a game go from being terrible to really good. Not every pack would have these affixes and they wouldn't take the place of one of the four players have to overcome, but it might make a player want to fight that Shielded, Vortex, Molten, Extra Fast elite pack of killer spiders.
Bump
I actually really like this idea. It would definitely make fighting elites more fun.
Honestly, this would be a twofold good idea. Not only would it make a good break, but it would further dilute the absolutely stupid affix combos and make them scarcer. Besides nerfing affixes themselves to actually taking into account resist/dodge etc, we could add good affixes in to dilute, which is a nerf by proxy.

I approve.
Love the idea. It would make farming elites a hell of a lot more interesting.
Great idea !
Really :)

EDIT : Here a summary of this thread with a lot of ideas wich was bring by people later
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6147827604?page=1#7
(bump it for the Blues, ideas are not randomedly distribued in the topic, but in the first post)
Edited by Rootsmann#2838 on 7/25/2012 12:10 PM PDT
Thanks guys.

Honestly, this would be a twofold good idea. Not only would it make a good break, but it would further dilute the absolutely stupid affix combos and make them scarcer. Besides nerfing affixes themselves to actually taking into account resist/dodge etc, we could add good affixes in to dilute, which is a nerf by proxy.

I approve.

I did specifically state that it wouldn't take the place of the 4 affixes players would encounter. It would display as green below the normal affixes. (The green part I just added to give a visual on how I envision it.)
Maybe enable this little goody upon reaching 5 stacks of nephalem valor to prevent people from getting extra goodies by doing the reset tricks to find packs that always spawn in the same places? Personally, if I were a developer I wouldn't care and wouldn't need the 5 stack for there to be a chance for these "Positive" affixes, but you know... They're all about balance these days unfortunately.
Bump For Love
Bump : good idea.
This is a fantastic idea that would make the game much more fun to play.

Therefore, it will never happen.
Splendid idea!
Absolutely genius idea.
i love the idea
Thumbs down. This goes against ToS, Section 4; Article 3:
1a.) No player is allowed to have fun. Ever.
Logged in to say I luvs it.

Edit:

Thumbs down. This goes against ToS, Section 4; Article 3:
1a.) No player is allowed to have fun. Ever.

Made me laugh hard. :D
Edited by Zhaostrike#1489 on 7/24/2012 4:22 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]