Diablo® III

[1.0.3.10485] Patch Loop

I could not play diablo 3 for the last week because it keeps telling me that a new patch is available although the launcher says that the game is up to date. The installed version (displayed at the bottom left) is 1.0.3.10485 and as far as i know there exists no newer version.

I already tried the fixes from the forums (agent.db) but nothing has changed. Even reinstalled the game 2 times... nothing.

Any help?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
07/21/2012 06:24 AMPosted by Werzi2001
I already tried the fixes from the forums (agent.db) but nothing has changed. Even reinstalled the game 2 times... nothing.

You're either missing the battle.net.dll file or the game is unable to read that file for some reason.

Go in the folder "Diablo III\Bnet" and make sure the battle.net.dll file is not named battle.net.dll.temp

If you already have a 'battle.net.dll' file, you could try installing the game on a different location. (Eg: C:\Diablo III)
Reply Quote
I have already read about the battle.net.dll file and checked its existance. It was there. To be sure it was the right one i deleted it (i thought the launcher would redownload it...but i was wrong). So i dont have it anymore. Is reinstalling (which i already did before) the only possibility to get it back? 8GB of download takes quite a piece of time for me :-(
Reply Quote
I just reinstalled... battle.net.dll is there... still same problem. dammit!
Reply Quote
I also suffer from this issue.

Werzl2001 what OS are you running?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Werzi2001,

Have you tried deleting the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net and C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net folders?

The above assumes you're using Windows 7 or Vista. ProgramData is a hidden folder by default so you may need to configure Windows to allow you to see it.

To do so, click your Windows/Start button, select 'Control Panel' from the menu, then 'Appearance and Personalization', then 'Folder Options'. Next click the 'View' tab, scroll down the list and look for the option 'Hidden files and folders', make sure this is set to Show hidden files and folders.
Reply Quote
Deleted it, reinstalled the game completely, still the same issue.
Reply Quote
Same problem here. Tried Omrakos' solution and still having issue. Keep having to delete the d3-0-10485-Win-final.MPQ file and letting it reinstall to get it to work. Getting old really quick.
Reply Quote
I found the solution for you!!
Quit D3
I have the same problem since the last update!
and I quit. dont want to waste my time to fix the problem
Reply Quote
I haven't tried deleting d3-0-10485-Win-final.MPQ but I did rename it, and that didn't solve the issue. Also it looks like d3-0-10485-Win-final.MPQ is also in a lot of other folder rather than just "Update" folder.
Reply Quote
Bump for some movement
Reply Quote
Sorry didn't notice the answers... gave up the hope.

I tried to delete the Battle.net folders and the d3-0-10485-Win-final.MPQ file but nothing changed. Still patch loop.

I am using linux. I know that it is not officially supported but it did run fine before the patch loop bug.
Reply Quote
*bump*
I want a fix for this... Blizzard do something...
Reply Quote
Still not working
Reply Quote
Still waiting...
Reply Quote
I have the same issue and deleting the bnet folders didn't fix me. Any other options?
Reply Quote
Same issue... COMEON BLIZZARD
Reply Quote
same issue, sigh.

my friends on ventrilo, are playing, but i'm unable to.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Have a look at other posts guys for the solution. The smart guys at blizzard have Australia pointed at Asia for patch not US. The solution was found by players and not blizzard but no surprise there.
Reply Quote
explain or link info Pythias
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]