Diablo® III

Gw2 is just a remade of Aion

After watching the trailers on youtube, I find this game gw2 has similar graphics, fighting styles and char customisation which is 80% similar to Aion.It kinda sucks,coz its just copy and paste from another similar platform.Ncsoft is another failure!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I bought GW2 and played the beta....It was ok. only played till lvl 5 though before i was bored.
Reply Quote
your looking at visuals mostly.

Aion didn't have a structured pvp and WvWvW, it didn't have dynamic events, guildwars 2 has no downtime even while maintenance it updates while we play. I can go on and on.. :-) if you dont like gw2 then don't play it lol. stick to whatever games you are playing. And we'll stick to playing gw2 again once it's out.
Edited by ZxcvbnM#6828 on 7/23/2012 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Looks like all other mmorpgs, but since it is level free and pvp based it differs quite alot. That was what made GW1 popular and what will make GW2 the same.
Reply Quote
It's a mmorpg what do you expect lol. 4d gameplay? every mmorpg or even games in general has similarities to every other games before it. It's how it is. Question is who will deliver a better game experience. I've tried almost everything, but guild wars 2 is just something special. Just my opinion. If you don't like it as i stated before stick with the games you like. :p
Reply Quote
The game is nothing like Aion, trust me, I've played aion for 3 years.
It doesn't look like Aion, feel like Aion or even play like Aion.
The customization on Aion is only 4/5 times more flexible then GW2.
Yes I've played GW2 this weekend.

No idea what OP is smoking.

Edit: Also, NCSoft is the publisher, so it has nothing to do with Aion.
Also NCSoft is like the Blizzard in Korea (the good old Blizzard but even better)
All of their games have enormous success, their just released Blade & Soul is a good example of that.
Top of the charts in the first week, even surpassing Aions first week of release.
Edited by Mnemosyne#2419 on 7/23/2012 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
After watching the trailers on youtube,
!

Theres your problem right there,thats like gauging how sex feels by watching p*rn.
Edited by Bullyfoot#1717 on 7/23/2012 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 05:29 AMPosted by hellishSim
After watching the trailers on youtube, I find this game gw2 has similar graphics, fighting styles and char customisation which is 80% similar to Aion.It kinda sucks,coz its just copy and paste from another similar platform.Ncsoft is another failure!

Too bad you didn't play the beta dude. All American servers were full and World vs World PVP were almost always full. I had a blast building seige weapons to take down walls and gates. Then watching everyone swarm into the keep when the gates were breached. Building Trebuchet's and launching boulders from 10,000 yards away to breach walls. Small group teams intercepting supply lines and capping supply camps.

I've never had this much fun. WoW doesn't even compare to this. Diablo 3 is a peice of crap not even worth mentioning.

Guild Wars 2 is the most polished and has the most content of any game I have ever paid 60$ for.
Reply Quote
How can people make statements like this from just watching youtube videos? Until you actually play the game your word will not be taken seriously. Graphics in this day and age are very similar across most games. I played GW2 on the weekend, it is fairly fun from what ive played (to lvl 18) and I am excited to see how it is on release.

Compared to WoW the world feels much bigger, and it doesn't follow the normal MMO trend of leveling. By this i mean you dont run into a town, get 10 quests and kill 10 of something before handing it in, you actually have events randomly happening around the map which makes the world feel more alive and less stagnant. My favourite thing that they have is an encouragement to work with other people, if you see someone attacking something and help them out, you are able to loot it regardless of being in their party.
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 05:58 AMPosted by pointchiz

Too bad you didn't play the beta dude. All American servers were full and World vs World PVP were almost always full. I had a blast building seige weapons to take down walls and gates. Then watching everyone swarm into the keep when the gates were breached. Building Trebuchet's and launching boulders from 10,000 yards away to breach walls. Small group teams intercepting supply lines and capping supply camps.

I've never had this much fun. WoW doesn't even compare to this. Diablo 3 is a peice of crap not even worth mentioning.

Guild Wars 2 is the most polished and has the most content of any game I have ever paid 60$ for.

Can you teach me more of WvWvW? Lol. I just played structured pvp and pve..I'm lost at wvwvw.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]