Diablo® III

Barb god-like exploit

(Locked)

I guess I don't get these expoits, I mean I can already do everything legit, why does one need a perma stun or perma life leach?

You are the only one who can do that... there are not like 100 better geared barbs out there who are faster at farming then you are... /sarcasm

That being said... because it's fun.
Edited by Yiso#2343 on 7/24/2012 7:13 AM PDT
MVP
View profile
07/24/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Ziggro
Please do not post exploits in the forums.

Yeah? but you know, they only fixed wiz bug when it was exposed to all players in the forums, so from past experience, that simply doesnt work Drothvader, with all due respect =)

After I found out about the Wizard exploit I posted instructions in an unlisted video and sent it to the above link.

I also elevated my concern that it was being featured on IGN.

That is how you properly report an exploit.

Of course it's true that when it goes viral it certainly does get more immediate attention, but telling everyone "Hey, here's an exploit! GO DO IT!" only exacerbates the issues.
Bump. Let's see how long it takes for Blizz to fix this! :-P
this bug is so minor that they don't even need to hotfix it anytime soon. If a crappy geared barb has to get all the way to ghom or cydaea..hes going to die a lot.

Most geared barbs already have enough LOH/armour resists that they already doing this with their WW build.
this bug is so minor that they don't even need to hotfix it anytime soon. If a crappy geared barb has to get all the way to ghom or cydaea..hes going to die a lot.

Most geared barbs already have enough LOH/armour resists that they already doing this with their WW build.

Hows that. Whirwind/tornado with life on hit is almost godmode anyways. Any barb can get to spider.
85 Tauren Hunter
this was reported ages ago ingame, i remember when i was in a public game and a guy helped me out saying : no problem, will just glitch it. Back then i did not get what he ment, was just amaized of the result.
MVP
View profile
07/24/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Skelz
Hows that. Whirwind/tornado with life on hit is almost godmode anyways. Any barb can get to spider.

Not any herp derp barb can play the Double Tornado build and it's most certainly heavily gear dependent.

The poster you quoted is correct. If a player has gotten to Act III already they pretty much deserve to be there.
WELP, looks like I'm rolling a barb LMFAO.
07/24/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Drothvader

Yeah? but you know, they only fixed wiz bug when it was exposed to all players in the forums, so from past experience, that simply doesnt work Drothvader, with all due respect =)

After I found out about the Wizard exploit I posted instructions in an unlisted video and sent it to the above link.

I also elevated my concern that it was being featured on IGN.

That is how you properly report an exploit.

Of course it's true that when it goes viral it certainly does get more immediate attention, but telling everyone "Hey, here's an exploit! GO DO IT!" only exacerbates the issues.

After it went viral, the problem was resolved in a little over 24 hours. The bug was know for a little over a month I believe? Even if no one reported it back then (as unlikely as it would seem), I doubt that immediate action would have been taken to fix the issue, and would most likely the fix would have been rolled out with the next big patch, or next planned maintenance period. When as many people as there was yesterday raging on the forums about it, as there were people in the game using said exploit, it becomes harder NOT to act.

Sometimes, you only need a single phonecall to make your point, but sometimes, you need to shoot a canonball into their head office for them to notice.

If there's a problem with spreading this kind of information openly, it's Blizzard's fault for not dealing with bug reports in a timely fashion. As you can see, if they put their mind to it, they can deal with it incredibly quickly, while some bugs remain, from day 1 and still haven't been addressed, despite many many reports. So does it take the entire community to come crashing down on them before they take notice? At this point it seems like it.
LMAO blizz gave Droth the green text so we would have someone stupid to troll and laugh at. Please say some more how there are proper reporting channels for exploits (reported a month ago or more) that dont get fixed until your hand is forced. We are the players we will do damn well as we please. Not a thing your green text can do but QQ some more.
MVP
View profile
07/24/2012 07:58 AMPosted by MasterSpark
After it went viral, the problem was resolved in a little over 24 hours.

And look at all of the people who completely flooded the market with gear again. It made the current issue worse hundreds of times over.

10 people abusing an exploit for 10 days is the same as 100 people abusing it for 1 day.

As you can imagine, the ratio was not 1:10 exploiting. It was more likely than not more like 1:1000000 so you can only imagine the ramifications it had.

07/24/2012 07:58 AMPosted by MasterSpark
The bug was know for a little over a month I believe?

The bug may have been known externally but it was most certainly kept under wraps.

07/24/2012 08:12 AMPosted by ImmrtlRku
LMAO blizz gave Droth the green text so we would have someone stupid to troll and laugh at. Please say some more how there are proper reporting channels for exploits (reported a month ago or more) that dont get fixed until your hand is forced. We are the players we will do damn well as we please. Not a thing your green text can do but QQ some more.

I have no problem acting as your effigy if you wish to burn me at the stake for relaying FACTUAL information.

If that's funny, you certainly have low standards in comedy.
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 7/24/2012 8:15 AM PDT
MVP
View profile
07/24/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Slash
10 people abusing an exploit for 10 days is the same as 100 people abusing it for 1 day.

10 people?

LOL

Sorry, but you are very innocent (or just st...)

Well, you get paid for it, then ok.

If you can't do simple math then I don't know what to say...

10 x 10 = 100
100 x 1 = 100

10 x 10 = 100 x 1 = 100 = One Hundred.
Bump
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]