Diablo® III

Barb god-like exploit

(Locked)

Can somebody try the following under the same conditions
- Teleport with Wormhole. Second teleport should start the quest before starting cd on TP. Expected: permanent TP cooldown reset
- Dashing strike with last rune. Expected: permanent 20% dodge bonus
I would like to thank everyone involved, from Blizzard to every single forum poster on battlenet, for the epic entertainment value given to the world for the past couple of days.

The wizard godmode exploit has brought me laughter like never before, IGN feauturing the wizard godmode exploit WITH DETAILS ON HOW TO DO IT, had me in tears. I laughed a lot.

Just when I thought the hotfix was in and wizard godmode will be shutdown...i log in today to find the barb exploit. Again....I laughed a lot. It was like icing on the cake.

So, in all seriousness (yes thats a word), let me get something straight.

There have been exploits, gamebreaking ones i might add, for about a month now. From what iv been able to gather from the forums.

This game features a real money auction house. People can pay real life money to purchase gear or gold.

Blizzard get 15%, someone plz correct me if im wrong.

People exploiting and farming for a month, that i would imagine would bring a lot of gear and gold. These people put that gear and gold on the real life money auction house im assuming, since they have an opportunity to cheat and make some cash using an exploit nobody knows about. They had a month to do it.

In the process damaging the economy and indirectly affecting other players.

Wow.

and speaking of wow.. Mists of Pandaria expansion apparently should be released soon, from what i can gather on the forums etc within the next couple of months. Once that expansion comes out, I would imagine a lot of players are going to want to play it.

Hence, this game needs to be fixed within the next month, or i see dark days ahead.

Again...I laughed a lot.
There is a video on YouTube demonstrating this exploit and it appears to be working.

But why do it at all, if you are skilled and geared enough to even get up to the IA3 bosses there is no need to even do this. Is it for fun? You won't be having too much fun if they decide to lay down the ban hammer. Enjoy...
wizard godmode exploit? thats not good enough guys, double it :) .. with Barbs' charge Jay Wilson style
Edited by hyfreD#1310 on 7/24/2012 9:07 AM PDT
I doubt that immediate action would have been taken to fix the issue, and would most likely the fix would have been rolled out with the next big patch, or next planned maintenance period. When as many people as there was yesterday raging on the forums about it, as there were people in the game using said exploit, it becomes harder NOT to act.

And look at all of the people who completely flooded the market with gear again. It made the current issue worse hundreds of times over.

10 people abusing an exploit for 10 days is the same as 100 people abusing it for 1 day.

As you can imagine, the ratio was not 1:10 exploiting. It was more likely than not more like 1:1000000 so you can only imagine the ramifications it had.

You can complain about market conditions and AH/RMAH all you want. I don't care since I don't use them much myself. If you feel your items have been devalued because a flood of good items hit the market in a single day, you're deluding yourself if you think it hasn't already been happening all along. Like a bucket of water in a lake.

Also, that was not my point, my point being that the bug has been known for quite a while, and as someone else has demonstrated, that the bug had NOT been dealt with since it was reported. They decided to take their time and leave it be, since it was of no great concern at the time, but obviously that meant that there were many people still exploiting that particular bug for over a month after it has been discovered.

If there's a problem with spreading this kind of information openly, it's Blizzard's fault for not dealing with bug reports in a timely fashion. As you can see, if they put their mind to it, they can deal with it incredibly quickly, while some bugs remain, from day 1 and still haven't been addressed, despite many many reports. So does it take the entire community to come crashing down on them before they take notice? At this point it seems like it.

They can deal with bugs easily. They've demonstrated this. Their delayed action was not due to a lack of knowledge, but an intentional action of neglect. They could have dealt with the problem immediately, as they had done yesterday, but they chose to wait, maybe wrap it up with another bundle fix, or patch update. That's their mistake, and they are paying for it. They have the power, the knowledge, and the expertise required to fix every known bug in the game with ease, and yet only when the a boulder is thrown into a puddle like the bug that became public knowledge yesterday, do they chose to act with any haste.
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Furious Charge, Cutscene, Barbarian.
The sheer incompetence of Blizzard is hilarious.
Can a CM /// MVP Close or Lock These Barbarian threads?

Why do CM's never do their jobs Here, People openly posting exploits etc now.

Might as well rename these forums to LegitBlizzardsExploits.com
want monk god mode QQ
After it went viral, the problem was resolved in a little over 24 hours.

And look at all of the people who completely flooded the market with gear again. It made the current issue worse hundreds of times over.

10 people abusing an exploit for 10 days is the same as 100 people abusing it for 1 day.

As you can imagine, the ratio was not 1:10 exploiting. It was more likely than not more like 1:1000000 so you can only imagine the ramifications it had.

The bug was know for a little over a month I believe?

The bug may have been known externally but it was most certainly kept under wraps.

LMAO blizz gave Droth the green text so we would have someone stupid to troll and laugh at. Please say some more how there are proper reporting channels for exploits (reported a month ago or more) that dont get fixed until your hand is forced. We are the players we will do damn well as we please. Not a thing your green text can do but QQ some more.

I have no problem acting as your effigy if you wish to burn me at the stake for relaying FACTUAL information.

If that's funny, you certainly have low standards in comedy.

Flooding the market with gear???? All the gear the found was garbage as it is intended in this game. Prices didn't drop at all, so i have no idea what you are talking about. If this made any dent on the economy, prices would have gone down. Everything is still ridiculously expensive.
Edited by Pyrogen#1340 on 7/24/2012 9:31 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]