Diablo® III

Borderlands

Im not saying I dont like diablo 3. It has its issues but I have enjoyed it very much for over 300 hours now. I am taking a small break ATM though.

But anyways, Who else cant wait for Borderlands 2? Looks sooo goood :D

Got the first one with all DLC on steam for 15$. I heared it was on sale for only 7$ a week before I got it.

But seriously developers world round should take notes on Randy Pitchfords (CEO and president of Gearbox) aproach to game design. He reminds me of Todd Howard. They seem to want to make games that they can enjoy themselves also. Not just making games to make money :P
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Neogeo
Matchmaking system is downright retarded for PC version, other than that, I enjoy playing borderlands and looking forward to borderlands 2

I wouldnt call it a matchmaking system, Its more akin to the style of creating games with names like diablo 2.

BUT your right, its bad. Not because of making game names, but because you couldnt join more than half of the games you see because of problems connecting with the host.
Reply Quote
one thing is for sure

borderlands 2 will have real loot lust because its a looting game!

wonder what diablo 3 is

Yeah. With borderlands its a lot easier to apreciate the loot you get. Because firearms are not just stat sticks. You get to feel their recoil. You get to see the fireing and reloading animation. It feels like a much more tangible object.

The feeling of sniping someones head off at extreme distance (and I mean Extreme, not many guns can pull it off easily in borderlands) Is also very rewarding :P
Reply Quote
Finally, the big question: since Borderlands 2 is such a loot-driven game, will we see a Real-Money Auction House like Diablo 3's show up in the future? "I would say it would be unlikely," he answered. Whew! "It's certainly something that we're watching with great interest." Uh oh. "I know a lot of people are thinking about it and seeing where it is, but getting good loot from drops and creatures in the game is so important to the growth and the experience, and really the fun. It's what the loot games are really all about, you know?" Whew!

From - "The Diablo Question" segment
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/borderlands-2/1225405p1.html

Just them even thinking about it, makes me uneasy. I know they want their fans to have fun, though. Keeping my fingers crossed just in case.
Reply Quote
Finally, the big question: since Borderlands 2 is such a loot-driven game, will we see a Real-Money Auction House like Diablo 3's show up in the future? "I would say it would be unlikely," he answered. Whew! "It's certainly something that we're watching with great interest." Uh oh. "I know a lot of people are thinking about it and seeing where it is, but getting good loot from drops and creatures in the game is so important to the growth and the experience, and really the fun. It's what the loot games are really all about, you know?" Whew!

Just them even thinking about it, makes me uneasy. I know they want their fans to have fun, though. Keeping my fingers crossed just in case.

This made my stomich drop.

Oh god please spare Borderlands 2.
Reply Quote

thinking about it is the first step of doing it =p.. just hope they dont take the extra step.

they probably saw how money was made from RMAH, but saw how people raged at it and was a joy killer for some.
Reply Quote

thinking about it is the first step of doing it =p.. just hope they dont take the extra step.

they probably saw how money was made from RMAH, but saw how people raged at it and was a joy killer for some.

They would have to be some greedy scumbags to go through with a real money auction house. They would completely throw their integrity out of the window if they did. I just dont see that with Gearbox xD
Reply Quote
RMAH or not, people will always be able to purchase in-game items for real money through the black market. All because it isn't dangling in front of you, doesn't mean it's not there.
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 07:10 PMPosted by DictatoHead
RMAH or not, people will always be able to purchase in-game items for real money through the black market. All because it isn't dangling in front of you, doesn't mean it's not there.

YEah.. But supporting it in-game is like selling crack at 7-11.

Im not cracking on Blizzard for trying it in D3, its basicly an experiment. I see now though how bad it ruins the game, and I hope that gearbox does also.
Edited by Camster#1504 on 7/25/2012 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
more like legalizing !@#$%^-*!...
Reply Quote
here~ Here~~
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Leonyy
here~ Here~~

Wub Wub

Whaaat?
Reply Quote
Very mature video about borderlands (WARNING), cant wait for part 2 with this kind of humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFCjr3MiEgU

Gameplay was amazing in the first one, just had the worst multiplayer ive ever seen. Couldnt even scroll up chat to see what buddy said and had to join by ip.

It was the UI that sucked, not actualy playing. Playing with freinds on skype/vent is amazing :P
Reply Quote
lol borderlands is garbage, there are so many hacks and glitches for it, modded guns and all.
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Naive
lol borderlands is garbage, there are so many hacks and glitches for it, modded guns and all.

Well lets hope they take care of it in the second installment, Which they claim they will.

Mods didnt really ruin anything in part one though because there was literaly no economy. Just dont play with those kids. (you can boot people)
Edited by Camster#1504 on 7/25/2012 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 06:28 PMPosted by CamboSlack
But seriously developers world round should take notes on Randy Pitchfords

Careful... Randy Pitchford is another lying CEO.

I can't find the article but about a year or two ago, there was an interview about how Borderlands made first on the PC and THEN moved over to console.

If I recall it went something like:
"We started with the PC as our baseline development platform and then ported to consoles from there."

While Borderlands was a great game, it had a HORRIBLE PC interface and it's massive text menus were totally consolized. To say nothing for the completely deplorable multiplayer (no dedicated servers!) and matchmaking system.

Don't be so quick to pat Pitchford on the back until you know what kind if swindling, money grubbing man he really is.
Reply Quote
Already pre-ordered. Played and beat the game and downloadable content about twice with every character :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]