Diablo® III

Borderlands

Borderlands was a good game. It could have been better if they would have tested more. I don't have xbox live anymore so getting post release hot fixes is going to suck. There DLCs while mostly good were only a couple hours of play time each and not worth the cost. Even though I probably won't be playing online I hope they fix all the mods and exploits and have a better group matching system. I have more faith in Gearbox fixing their mistakes than I do of Blizzard ever fixing all theirs with this game. At least I can rent Borderlands 2 before I buy it.
Reply Quote
But seriously developers world round should take notes on Randy Pitchfords

Careful... Randy Pitchford is another lying CEO.

I can't find the article but about a year or two ago, there was an interview about how Borderlands made first on the PC and THEN moved over to console.

If I recall it went something like:
"We started with the PC as our baseline development platform and then ported to consoles from there."

While Borderlands was a great game, it had a HORRIBLE PC interface and it's massive text menus were totally consolized. To say nothing for the completely deplorable multiplayer (no dedicated servers!) and matchmaking system.

Don't be so quick to pat Pitchford on the back until you know what kind if swindling, money grubbing man he really is.

Hmmm well the game was most obviously not designed for PC. I would like a link to see what he said exactly. If he did say what you said, he was most obviously lying. Can it be? Ill hold onto my current idolization of the man until further proof is provided :P

There DLCs while mostly good were only a couple hours of play time each and not worth the cost.

Whaaat? The DLC were amazing. The humor in secret armory of general knoxx is worth 10$ alone. Excpet mad moxxis underdome, it blew.

Already pre-ordered. Played and beat the game and downloadable content about twice with every character :)

Ive beaten both playthroughs and all DLC so many times xD

Good fun.
Edited by Camster#1504 on 7/25/2012 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Only problem Borderlands had was that it got way too easy after level 20 or so. The beginning was perfect though.
Reply Quote
WUB WUB!
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 08:01 PMPosted by CamboSlack
here~ Here~~

Wub Wub

Whaaat?

I Can't Wait For Borderlands 2 As Well!!
Reply Quote

But seriously developers world round should take notes on Randy Pitchfords (CEO and president of Gearbox) aproach to game design. He reminds me of Todd Howard. They seem to want to make games that they can enjoy themselves also. Not just making games to make money :P

Omg I was saying these exact words to some of my friends the other day, even compared Randy Pitchford to Todd "god" Howard. They really do have the same goals which is to make the best games ever and have FUN while doing it(that is the key, IMO). I only wish there were more producers like these guys.

07/25/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Methuselah
But seriously developers world round should take notes on Randy Pitchfords

Careful... Randy Pitchford is another lying CEO.

I can't find the article but about a year or two ago, there was an interview about how Borderlands made first on the PC and THEN moved over to console.

If I recall it went something like:
"We started with the PC as our baseline development platform and then ported to consoles from there."

While Borderlands was a great game, it had a HORRIBLE PC interface and it's massive text menus were totally consolized. To say nothing for the completely deplorable multiplayer (no dedicated servers!) and matchmaking system.

Don't be so quick to pat Pitchford on the back until you know what kind if swindling, money grubbing man he really is.

Oh jeez. QQ more. Who the f cares? The game's fun isn't based on the multiplayer, I don't plan on buying borderlands 2 with the intent of playing online. It's about the fat lewts. Oh and make sure you have evidence before calling someone a liar. Your observations do not count as evidence because there's no way to know how a game was really ported basing it on the UI.
Reply Quote
I don't like the art for Borderlands. It's very annoying.
Reply Quote
http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/12/borderlands-2-like-and-unlike-diablo-iii-in-all-the-best-ways/

The matchmaker system sounds promising.

Jeeze that guy is seriously hung up on comparing Bordelrands 2 with Diablo 3. The game has loot. Thats the only comparison, lol.

07/25/2012 11:59 PMPosted by Peter
I don't like the art for Borderlands. It's very annoying.

I like it. Fits well with every thing about the game. Its more like playing an adult rated 1st person shoot 'em up adventure cartoon.
Edited by Camster#1504 on 7/26/2012 5:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Never played Borderlands, I picked up the first game in the Steam sale though, not installed it yet.
Reply Quote
Multiplayer Borderlands 1 on Xbox was a joke - everyone used hacked items and "ruined" the game... One shotting bosses from 100 yards with a shotgun while being invincible : /
Reply Quote
Borderlands 2 FTW OF DIABLO
Reply Quote
07/26/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Tomassimo
Multiplayer Borderlands 1 on Xbox was a joke - everyone used hacked items and "ruined" the game... One shotting bosses from 100 yards with a shotgun while being invincible : /

Thats ture. As soon as mods became abundent, I stoped playing multiplayer. Hopefully they can prevent it form happening this go around.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]