Diablo® III

Whirlwind disconnects

When I use whirlwind on my barb I get disconnected pretty much every game. Sometimes its 30 minutes into a run, sometimes its a an hour or more. I never had this problem using my previous build or on any other characters.

I see that many others are having the same issue as I am... Decided to make my own thread for some justice.
Reply Quote
63 Human Death Knight
I'm getting this same issue. Act 3, inferno, Keep Depths. I try and WW and I get dumped back to the character select screen. I have a DH and a Wiz at 60, never had this problem on any of them. Barb was fine right up until I switched to a WW spec.

Update: It seems like it happens when I have WW bound to my primary attack. If I put it back in the secondary, it doesn't seem to crop up as much.
Edited by Exstinctor#1765 on 7/27/2012 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue also.
Running a WW barb so its happening a lot.
I get a connection lost error message and I'm dumped back to the main menu.
I just spent 40 million gearing up to run a WW barb spec and had no issues the first few days.
This started happening when you hotfixed the wizard issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The last two days I'm disconnecting every 5 to 60 minutes
Usually happens when I'm fighting elite mobs.
I sold my non ww gear to upgrade so now I'm stuffed until you fix this.
Please let us know you are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.
Reply Quote
Steps to reproduce.
Pick up and elite pack or two or three :)
Start kiting using sprint.
Build up fury.
Hit sprint then hit whirlwind, plunge into the elites you have following you.
You will reproduce the bug soon enough.
Edited by Vril#6563 on 7/27/2012 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It seems to be getting worse over time.
Yesterday I had it happen every couple of hours.
During the night it started happening every 10 minutes or so.
In the end I had to quit as I couldn't keep a 5NV stack up for more than 10 minutes.
I cant even re spec because I sold my other gear.
Really hope we can get some action on this quickly.
Can a blue please post to let us know this is being looked into!

Looks like I'm off to play The Secret World till this gets sorted.
Edited by Vril#6563 on 7/27/2012 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Steps to reproduce.
Pick up and elite pack or two or three :)
Start kiting using sprint.
Build up fury.
Hit sprint then hit whirlwind, plunge into the elites you have following you.
You will reproduce the bug soon enough.

Whilst this won't help anyone here I have just finished A3 co-op with a bunch of randoms and I tend to do exactly this - gather up as many mobs as I can find; sprint; WW through them all - whole act took about 2.5 hours and I was not disconnected once.

ETA: Happened to me earlier now ... playing with 2 friends co-op from start of A3 - managed to just get past Ghom into the fields and disconnected.
Edited by FreestylerUK#1170 on 7/28/2012 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Haven't played D3 for 2 weeks.. and never had any problems with connection problems until now. Yesterday and today i logged on to do some mf runs in act 3 on my barb and I keep getting disconnects sometimes 10 min into the game and other times 30 min into the game.. and its really frustating i mean getting 5 stacks of neph and getting dc'ed !@#$ sake. I guess ill take a longer break from D3 .. or until this game is fixed.
Edited by yipman#2233 on 7/28/2012 3:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
have the problems also.

Sometimes i can play for hours...
atm i get disconnects every 5-10 minutes... so i stopped playing before i enrage :)
Reply Quote
im WWing all day into lots of mobs with ww on my right mouse button and never get dc'd
Reply Quote
Disconnected again today with diablo at 25% gg blizzard

PD: in eu forum we are posting this since 1 month, no CM assistance, maybe we must spam forums ?
Reply Quote
its more important focus on RMAH, fresh money ^^
Reply Quote
I cant believe they wont even acknowledge this issue.
Its ridiculous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]