Diablo® III

Whirlwind disconnects

I wonder if the additional 100 ms from what I run is enough to cause the disconnect issue or if there is some how a routing issue between you and the server and its causing packet loss. Anyone else having the issue please post your location, the server you play on, and your average ping in ms.

The other thing I could suguest is running a ping test from the command prompt,
Click start and type cmd into the search box and press enterthen type "ping google.com -n 10000" without the quotes while playing when you get dc see if you lost any packets. Would be nice to ping a bliz server but not sure if there is one that will allow prolonged pinging to check for packet loss.

I know I would be very upset if I constantly got disconnected I can handle rubber banding and dieing cause of it but a stright up disconnect is pretty bad, wish bliz would fix both issues tbh.

Will give that a try when it happens to me again.
Reply Quote
If you folks could post specifics about your builds on this post, it may help detect patterns on why the bug exists.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6201711993

Thanks to all that contribute.
Reply Quote
I can't exactly pinpoint what skill usage triggers it, but I do know it started happening ever since I switched my barb form tank spec to double tornado spec.

Can anyone confirm that they don't get disconnects while playing their other classes characters and that it only specifically happens when they're playing their double tornado barb?
Reply Quote
happened again twice tonight, both during mid ww + sprint... I think (but I'm not sure), that I was changing direction while WW'ing when they both happened.
Edited by Blayze#1534 on 7/30/2012 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well I had a decent run tonight put about 3 hours in and no disconnects. Rubber banding was reduced also.
I am aware it might be something on my isp's end that's causing these issues, It's a hard one to pin down.
iiNet are doing network upgrades at the moment so it may be related to that.
Will see how things go, hopefully the server maintenance will help.
Reply Quote
I can't exactly pinpoint what skill usage triggers it, but I do know it started happening ever since I switched my barb form tank spec to double tornado spec.

Can anyone confirm that they don't get disconnects while playing their other classes characters and that it only specifically happens when they're playing their double tornado barb?

Other people are reporting the issue on different classes using different abilities, I've heard tanking barbs having it happen without whirlwind or sprint.
I switched to WW Barb about two weeks ago, first week I had no issues, the last 5 to 7 days is when I started getting the DC errors. Have never had a disconnect before, been playing since launch.
I enjoy the WW build so much I could never go back to a defensive barb spec again.
That and I sold my defensive gear to cover part of the cost of my upgrade to WW Barb
Reply Quote
happens to me almost every game.

Noticed it happens when my WotB (thrive on chaos) is about to run out and I spam run + battle rage + ww and try to hit up a pack. Maybe it happens when WotB runs out at the same as you hit a 25 fury gain (for an additional 1sec of wotb)
Reply Quote
Happened to me 4 times in a row last hour. Lost 5 stacks, 3 stacks, 2 stacks and 4 stacks. All in act 3 inferno. It's REALLY annoying and i do hope someone is working HARD on a solution.
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4888128953?page=4#72 Temporary fix , try it! :D works for me.
Reply Quote
I'm having this problem too. Really really frustrating when all you want to do is play a game you paid for. Worst 60$ I've ever spent IMO...more headaches than fun.
Reply Quote
it seems the damage and critical numbers from ww is causing this bug somehow. I turn it off and run in window mode , walla! never dc ever again! too bad sli people! haha lucky I only need 1 screen to play diablo 3 :P

try to turn off the damage and critical from display options it may helps.
Reply Quote
it seems the damage and critical numbers from ww is causing this bug somehow. I turn it off and run in window mode , walla! never dc ever again! too bad sli people! haha lucky I only need 1 screen to play diablo 3 :P

try to turn off the damage and critical from display options it may helps.

Thanks for the work around will give it a try.
I hope they can fix it though I like to actually see if I'm critting or not!
Reply Quote
I can say that I noticed when trying out the WW spec on act 3 ramparts I got DC'd several times.
Reply Quote
Is there anyone who IS getting frequent, continual WW disconnects and who has NOT bound WW to the primary skill slot?

I use WW on secondary slot and have not dc'd once in probably 100 hours of play.

There are only a couple people that offer more information besides getting dc'd. Maybe we can spot some clear patterns.
Edited by Gigahurts#1817 on 8/2/2012 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is the build I'm using.
I have been having disconnect issues using it.
So yes secondary slot with WW still get disconnected.

Left Click: Bash- Instigation
Right Click: Whirlwind - Hurricane
1: Sprint - Run Like the Wind
2: Battle rage - Into the fray
3: WOTB- Thrive on chaos
4: War Cry - Impunity
Passive 1: Weapons Master (Mace)
Passive 2: Nerves of Steel
Passive 3: Ruthless

On a positive note did an act two clear tonight no disconnects and rubber banding wasn't as bad as the last few days.
Reply Quote
I usually disconnect after zoning and then using WW within the first 10 seconds... I've reproduced this 100/100 times testing..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]