Diablo® III

Path of Exile : Skill tree

That was the way to go ! Oh My God, when I saw that tremendous spiderweb !!!!
Reply Quote
I PERSONALLY DO NOT LIKE THAT WAY OF SPECKING, made me think that classes are a race and not a class. there is verry little class identity. They should have had a lvl 60 cap because the game needs that and it is better to have it they have way to many extra levels and makes the skill tree way to accessable and ruins class identity.

the skill sytem is mutch worse than this game

the gameplay is poop i hate it it gets old fast

POE is utter garbage imo
Reply Quote
To be honest, I didn't like that skill tree. Waaaaay too complicated. When I first saw it, I was just like "This is probably the worst UI design ever...", I seriously did not know where to start.
Reply Quote
I PERSONALLY DO NOT LIKE THAT WAY OF SPECKING, made me think that classes are a race and not a class. there is verry little class identity. They should have had a lvl 60 cap because the game needs that and it is better to have it they have way to many extra levels and makes the skill tree way to accessable and ruins class identity.

the skill sytem is mutch worse than this game

the gameplay is poop i hate it it gets old fast

POE is utter garbage imo

Except the lead dev is actually talking to the community right now: http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp

Instead of hiding behind a twitter account like someone we all know.
Reply Quote
The llamas that only know how to follow the herd and play what everyone else is playing, and not think for themselves, won't like PoE's system too much.

;)

I still enjoy D3 a LOT, I have over 400 hours played, still not bored. I gave PoE a try, and really like it as well. You are allowed to like more than one game =/
Reply Quote
Well at last the developers are listening to the feedback over the new passive skill spider web and are open to changing it again as what they did in the last update seems to have many players up in arms over the spider web.
Reply Quote
Thanx for the heads up.. Truth is more or less I'm lookinf forward for Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn which ive backed (that one next year..) BUT always keeping an eye on PoE despite the online element which is not my thing.. Well, this looked WAY better than I expected so added to my to play list immediately on release :D

Unfortunately this is what you get, trying to get the REAL dose since Diablo 3 (despite being a NOT bad game on its own merit) is a disgrace to Diablo franchise and to the ARPG genre in general.. (funny thing I've spent enough time to get Warriors of a Broken World achievement and STILL farming daily..)..
Reply Quote
Doesn't Path Of Exile have its own forums? I think everyone here knows its exists already and is where all the cool kids are playing their gamez. These constant advertisements are a bit much....
Reply Quote
The fact that it's ALL PASSIVE skills and no ACTIVE skills is a HUGE problem. It's all incredibly lackluster too....6% bonus to projectile dmg, 10 dex, 8% melee dmg....OOOH BOY SOOO creative.
Edited by Stiphler#1456 on 7/28/2012 12:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The llamas that only know how to follow the herd and play what everyone else is playing, and not think for themselves, won't like PoE's system too much.

;)

I still enjoy D3 a LOT, I have over 400 hours played, still not bored. I gave PoE a try, and really like it as well. You are allowed to like more than one game =/

Isn't this a two party system? You can only choose one side. Can only be a fanboy of one according to the forum posting masses.
Reply Quote
Well, I want to like it. I said in another thread that the combat was too clunky (it is) but they can likely fix that.

What I really think is that this will be a test to see if a game based on complicated spreadsheets and looks like it's 8-10 years old can still be viable. The 'more is always better when it comes to skills' crowd will enjoy themselves for a while until it becomes perfectly obvious that most of that galaxy of skills won't ever be used. Players always optimize their games without ever realizing that less really is sometimes more. Creating crazy dead-end builds just because you can will get old after a while.

I'm looking forward to giving it a good run but first and foremost, they need to do something about the combat.
Reply Quote
07/28/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Stiphler
The fact that it's ALL PASSIVE skills and no ACTIVE skills is a HUGE problem. It's all incredibly lackluster too....6% bonus to projectile dmg, 10 dex, 8% melee dmg....OOOH BOY SOOO creative.

Because there is a misconception. This is not a "skill" tree, rather "passive" tree or "stats" tree. Where in Diablo 2 you were assigning bonuses to skills here you add bonuses to various stats - and some passive abilities are more like talents from WoW or so.

Skills are handled in a completely diffrent way - they drop from monsters as loot, level with the player and to use, have to be put into a gear with correct gem slot. All in all this is somewhat similar to D3 system where you have a limited pool of usable skills at once, but much more complex.
Reply Quote
I gave PoE a try tonight and just didnt like how the 1 skill was on the mouse wheel.Other than that,I thought the game was alright.I probably wont give it more time as of right now.
Reply Quote
POE needs work for sure, but i like that they're talking to the community and listening to them. instead of sitting in their ivory towers telling us how it should be and how we should have fun. good luck to the POE developers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]