Diablo® III

Did anyone play DAoC?

07/30/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Ekalavya
DAoC = best PvP MMO , ever. Hands down.

This. Nothing has e ver come close to the amazing PvP DAoC had. 3-way pvp and better yet, playing on Mordred server with 100% FFA pvp. Get a team of 8 together adn go on a crusade in Hibernia. Was !@#$ing awesome.

Still don't know why they didn't make DAoC 2.
Reply Quote
I didn't mind ToA that much, but it was definitely an extra grind that wasn't really well thought out IMO. I played almost exclusively on RP servers. I didn't really get into RP'ing that much, but there were fewer immature kids to deal with (I played from like 21-26 y/o). I played almost every type of class, they were all so much fun to learn and level with! I never got a char higher than like RR 5L5 because I had so many alts I liked to play with, and sometimes I wanted to MT, sometimes I wanted to assist (on a caster), sometimes I wanted to solo (stealther), sometimes I wanted to own the BGs in all crafted gear (39 Skald in Molvik)!

I wish I could say the same about D3. I'm a hardcore D1 and D2 fan... I even started playing D2 again in the few months leading up to D3 to get back into it... and I am SO disappointed by D3. Such an epic fail.
Reply Quote
As everyone says. Best PvP game ever.
Only bad thing i remember is the buffbots. Probably wouldn't have quit if it wasn't for them.
Was young and could not afford 2 subs and on top of that buy 2 computers to be able to run both accounts.
Reply Quote
A big problem DAOC was occuring at end lvl was people cheating with radar and such thing. only bad point i can find about this game. I feel so nostalgic everytime i think about this game. Did play 5-6 years long, was going school 40h/week and playing daoc another 40h/week, had to sleep during school heh...
Reply Quote
daoc before NF....amazing......after nf.still pretty freaking amazing

oh adnd uh...hibs own? thanks.
Edited by Applesoup#1860 on 8/1/2012 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As everyone says. Best PvP game ever.
Only bad thing i remember is the buffbots. Probably wouldn't have quit if it wasn't for them.
Was young and could not afford 2 subs and on top of that buy 2 computers to be able to run both accounts.

Thats what friends are for :P
Reply Quote
07/30/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Yaliw
DAoC = best PvP MMO , ever. Hands down.

This. Nothing has e ver come close to the amazing PvP DAoC had. 3-way pvp and better yet, playing on Mordred server with 100% FFA pvp. Get a team of 8 together adn go on a crusade in Hibernia. Was !@#$ing awesome.

Still don't know why they didn't make DAoC 2.

daoc 2 I would buy in a heartbeat. Although judging by blizzard...mythic would have to still ahev the same people working for them :P
Reply Quote
I could never go back to DAoC now. I started it as my first mmorpg and have gone through all the changes up till 2-3 years ago. The pvp is definitely the best there is in any game I've played. 3 realms is definitely the WIN. No clue why that concept hasn't been adapted.
Reply Quote
I never ever played DAOC but every person I read about says its "the best PVP MMORPG ever made"

over and over and over.

After so many years, this statement still true.
I really miss that game.
I played the game from beginning of the release until Atlantis expansion, although by that time I didn't play very active because of work.
I just wish that maybe we can see DAoC 2 in the future, better story, a little different story that the first one but same PvP formula (with more improvement, of course!)
Reply Quote
I really miss that game.I played the game from beginning of the release until Atlantis expansion

Yep - my best MMO experience. ToA really killed it for me, though.

Midgard/Iseult
Reply Quote
I played DAoC from release up until the new frontiers came out. Since then i've played it back and forth.

DAoC is hands down the best pvp experience I have had. If you are a pvp player and played DAoC like me, or even if you didn't, you should check out Camelot Unchained, a project that recently launched on kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Take some time and read/see what they have to say about this game. I'm a backer, and even considering changing to a higher tier of pledges.
Reply Quote
To this day im struggling to find some enjoyment in other games that I did during the daoc years
Reply Quote
DAOC 2 is coming!

Like Always in these threads people miss and love DAOC. DAOC was a special game, and hopefully this game will be too.

Camelot Unchained, got everything you would ask of a DAOC 2. It also got the same developer Mark Jacobs. Check the game out!
It needs your support at the moment at kickstarter.

Edited by Aeis#2886 on 4/16/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To the OP

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]