Diablo® III

Stuck at Initializing

Hi, I don't know what happened but starting from last night, I'm always stuck at the stage called "initializing". After I click the launcher, a box pop up and requested me to type in a password for Blizzard, then the page is stuck at "initializing", but there is nothing happening. When I open task manager, it always shows that the game is no response. I waited for an hour it still looks like that. my computer is a new iMac, so not sure if it's the computer's problem. Unlikely...since I played fine in the past few weeks.

Please help me, thanks!!
Reply Quote
Same exact thing happening to me and others from what I'm reading. Guess I'll just do what I normally do and wait till tomorrow to try again and see if Blizzard fixes it.
Reply Quote
at least you have a password prompt. for me, it always at "initializing" stage.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
same problem here
Reply Quote
some people are saying if you hit cancel when it asks for password it will work. still no luck for me though.
Reply Quote
I hit cancel when it asked for my password and it let me play!
Reply Quote
just click cancel at the password prompt
Reply Quote
exact same problem here, i'm using iMac and a MacBook Air. Same problem on both machines, please help !!!!!
Reply Quote
same problem here.... I hit cancel ... and it let me play now
Reply Quote
12 Tauren Paladin
I am also stuck at initialization using mountain lion.
Reply Quote
same problem...
Reply Quote
Same thing here, i went so far as unlocking the "sharing & permissions" under Diablo 3 folder.. Now i dont get that obnoxious Box asking for password - BUT now it just stays stuck on "Intitializing...." which leads to no where even after 2hrs.
Reply Quote
Just fixed the problem. Don't enter your system password when prompted by "Blizzard Agent Login"

If you have entered your system password, open terminal and kill all "agent" processes and reopen the program, cancel the login and you are good to go!
Reply Quote
Hope this works , im stuck on the same screen on my Macbook pro . now im in office cant even try , but thanks for the info .. Hope this works tonite when i go home
Reply Quote
Just fixed the problem. Don't enter your system password when prompted by "Blizzard Agent Login"

If you have entered your system password, open terminal and kill all "agent" processes and reopen the program, cancel the login and you are good to go!

This worked for me. when the password prompt opens, hit cancel.
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Paladin
had the same problem, hitting cancel fixed it thanks!
Reply Quote
13 hour maintenance.
Just to create more problems..
Hopefully it doesn't take another 13 hours to fix this...
Thanks
Reply Quote
I open the Blizzard launcher, it goes ahead to the 'Initialising' stage and gets stuck just like it's been happening to many of you. I do type in my password when prompted but I'll give it a go by canceling and seeing if that works. I'll keep you guys posted.

Edit: I hit cancel and it looks as if it'll work but I then get a bug report prompt and the game doesn't end up updating.

When will this be fixed? Do I just wait until D3/Mac have a fix for this issue?
Edited by Prosperous#6140 on 7/31/2012 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

If you have entered your system password, open terminal and kill all "agent" processes and reopen the program, cancel the login and you are good to

worked perfect for me as well thanks!
Reply Quote
how do you open the "terminal"? i have the same problem...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]