Diablo® III

How I justify video games to my wife

OP is probably single, spouse complaints does not concern "OUR" entertainment value. ;)
Reply Quote
Error: divide by zero
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Sadly, this wont work on GFs or wives.

math = logic ≠ girls
Reply Quote
That's funny pacomoixa =) - because the way I make sure my hubby has no complaints about my game playing (and theres a lot of games!) is to reiterate that if I no get to kill, then he no gets to eat my scrumptious cooking. Well that and having told him when we met that any suitor considering trying to part me from my puter will be getting a swift kick in the !@#$ly bits and will find themselves single real fast!

It's not easy as a 46yo gaming woman trying to convince a 50yo non-gaming man that my hobby is valid =P Beats watching the utter drivel that's on tv or spending hours on social media reading utter drivel.

My advice to male gamers has always been to ask the missus if she would prefer the home geek or the guy that goes out with his buddies to the pub. Personally I really enjoyed past relationships with stay at home gamers =)
Reply Quote
This usually works:

Remind your wife that FB is the women's video game of today. How many hours does she spend on FB? As long as you both spend equal amount of time on FB and video games, you are good to go. She can't deny that FB is an addiction and she "wastes" time on it. My wife agreed with me and any other person I talk to about it gets it in the end.

Thanks Zuckerberg for giving us FB so we can play video games!! :D
Reply Quote
Sadly, this wont work on GFs or wives.

math = logic ≠ girls

^ Girls don't care about the entertainment value, it's the fact you're taking them out in public, like when you take your dog for a walk and they get excited.
Reply Quote
Heres my qoute.....

1. To the mothers - "well atleast im sitting right infront of the bloody PC where u can see me! Not somewhere else where u have NO IDEA what im sitting infront of.... Could be a pack of weed!"

2. To the girlfriends - "well u can choice to keep making a hell lot of noise for me not accompanying u or i dun mind looking up josephine (her friend) who is also enjoying the game...."

3. To the wifes - "ill let u choice between me playing this "stupid game" or me going out drinking with my buddies..... (parties includez women)"

So far it works for me.....
Edited by EvilSeth#6988 on 7/31/2012 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Loverat
if I no get to kill, then he no gets to eat my scrumptious

Not gonna lie, I thought this was about to get out of hand.
Reply Quote
i took mine out for lunch a few ciders and wines now fast asleep and Diablo all night for me but the sever is down,now no dinner and no game
Reply Quote
Cool found a coool beer
Reply Quote
Or just be a man and say "i'll do what I want with my time", you dont have to make some nerdy beta explanation of how its a good value for the money.. thats not even a valid explanation either, some people get the same amount of hours of entertainment from FREE games so by that logic, D3 is also a waste of money in addition to a waste of time in the eyes of a non-gamer.

At the end of the day, check who's wearing the pants.. if its you, you dont let someone tell you what to do with your free time. better yet don't live with/marry someone who is incompatible with your lifestyle that includes gaming and thinks you're "wasting your time"

This guy is either not married, or won't be married for long. That simple.
And NO, steady relationships with other men that you may have don't count as marriage.
Reply Quote
This equation is great!
Reply Quote
no kidding right, i remember shedding a tear as my soul became hers on my wedding day, lol. But truthfully I love her, and she's the greatest thing that ever happened to me, and I stil get to game.
Reply Quote
I kid, mostly... My wife is as into gaming as I am. I still make sure she gets her daily dose of kitchen though.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 06:52 AMPosted by m4ilm4n
This guy is either not married, or won't be married for long. That simple.

No, not that simple.

Believe it or not, there are some of us women who understand that their husbands/boyfriends had interests/hobbies before they met us, and do not expect at all that they should have to give them up just because they're in a relationship.

Everyone needs "alone time" -- I know I certainly do -- and as long as you're not hurting anyone, it's frankly none of my business what my boyfriend does with his money.

If bashing some demons in a video game lets him have fun or helps him unwind from that stressful board meeting at work, have at it. I'll do my own thing.
Reply Quote
No, not that simple.

Believe it or not, there are some of us women who understand that their husbands/boyfriends had interests/hobbies before they met us, and do not expect at all that they should have to give them up just because they're in a relationship.

Everyone needs "alone time" -- I know I certainly do -- and as long as you're not hurting anyone, it's frankly none of my business what my boyfriend does with his money.

If bashing some demons in a video game lets him have fun or helps him unwind from that stressful board meeting at work, have at it. I'll do my own thing.

I agree. If you need to justify your decision of how to spend your money and time to your significant other, something's wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]