Diablo® III

Item and Quest Rewards

This thread is created to showcase ideas regarding item and quest rewards.

Idea #1
Lets make these blue items we find a bit more valuable.
Quest Reward: An NPC will allow you to upgrade a blue item into a rare item, while retaining one or both qualities of the blue item along with a random +1 to +3 additional modifiers.

Idea #2
Quest Reward: An NPC will allow you to merge two blue items together to make a new rare item, while retaining all qualities of both items (no additional modifiers). Maybe re-roll the number amount for the modifier, but keep the same modifier.

Idea#3
Quest Reward: An NPC will allow you to create a new rare item from a white item. (This is already a quest reward in Diablo 2)

Idea#4
Quest Reward: A Random High level Gem

As Quest rewards, these would be a one time per character per difficulty level quest turn in.

I would love to hear other ideas that follow the same mentality as a one time per character, per difficulty quest. Once the quest has been completed and the reward is given, the same character cannot simply repeat it over and over again.
Edited by Aducus#1946 on 7/31/2012 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I like all those ideas. Another one would be to increase set / unique drop rates on bosses while having 5 NV stack
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 08:46 AMPosted by MantisFRK
I like all those ideas. Another one would be to increase set / unique drop rates on bosses while having 5 NV stack

Yes that would be a nice idea, but I am trying to keep this thread open to Quest Rewards.
Reply Quote
More ideas about unique or creative quest rewards?
Reply Quote
Maybe bring back the add socket quest from d2
Reply Quote
All good ideas but too good to be true. lol and these will encorage peoples to just farm the bosses to complete quest/act and no one will play the rest of the act.

More down to the ground version:

Quest / Event should reward more gold, more like 8k per quick event, 500k per quest and 300k per Act.

And to stop peoples cutting the corners, they should employ a 'quest completion check', 3 or 4+ quests prior to the final boss fight can be considered one complete act. Anything lessthan that shall be considered a quest completion only.
Edited by amblin1983#1201 on 7/31/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
All good ideas but too good to be true. lol and these will encorage peoples to just farm the bosses to complete quest/act and no one will play the rest of the act.

More down to the ground version:

Quest / Event should reward more gold, more like 8k per quick event, 500k per quest and 300k per Act.

And to stop peoples cutting the corners, they should employ a 'quest completion check', 3 or 4+ quests prior to the final boss fight can be considered one complete act. Anything lessthan that shall be considered a quest completion only.

These would be one time per character / per difficulty quest. Meaning that once you complete the quest on one character then you cannot complete that quest again. There is no farming with the quests because they are a one time event for a character.

There are quests in Diablo 2 that are one time only specific to a character. These ideas are modeled the same way. You cannot not "farm" the quest reward, because once its done on your character you can no longer do it again.
Edited by Aducus#1946 on 7/31/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
More ideas!
Reply Quote
Resurrected this thread from the grave, because I love the idea!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]