Diablo® III

Mac Stuck At Initializing

Macs aren't build for gaming. You people were well aware of this. D3 is a game. 2+ 2= ?
You have no one but yourselves to blame. Sorry to break it to ya.

LOL, ignorance + internet = ?
Reply Quote
Macs aren't build for gaming. You people were well aware of this. D3 is a game. 2+ 2= ?

You're a complete retard. Humans weren't built to be retards. But you still are, sorry to break it to ya.
Edited by littlebidee#1948 on 8/1/2012 7:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Easy solution, buy a PC....hehe
Reply Quote
Easy solution, buy a PC....hehe

So according to your logic... if I dated this girl, and then we broke up, I would go ahead and start dating boys?
Seems legit.
Reply Quote
If Macs arent for games, why do I remember playing games on them long before windows was around?
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Quaker
restart the computer, and click cancel when it asks for your admin password

SOLVED!
Reply Quote

LOL, ignorance + internet = ?

lol

What up BlackIce
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I came to this forum thread to find a solution to my problem, which is the same as the OP and others, yet I find myself feeling disappointed and somewhat sick to the stomach that there are anti-Mac comments. I am so tired of hearing the "Macs aren't built for gaming" BS over and over again regurgitated from ignorant fools. Have any of these idjits even used a modern Mac machine? Do they even know how powerful they are now? I have a high end late 2011 iMac and my partner has an early 2012 Macbook Pro which both run Diablo 3 beautifully at max settings with no lag even when there's a tonne of mobs on the screen. Current Macs can run games very well, the problem is that a lot of developers don't want to spend the time porting games to OSX because Mac gamers are a minority compared to PC gamers. This is why I Boot Camp, so I can have the best of both worlds. So please, for the love of all that's good, keep the Mac prejudice to yourselves, as some of us want to actually solve this problem without having to read such asinine comments.

Anyway, back to topic, I'm going to try the suggestions here and report back if nothing works.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Try this and see if it helps.

1. Force quit any Diablo III, Agent and Blizzard Launcher processes in Activity Monitor.
    2. Navigate to /Applications/Diablo III.
    3. Delete the D3Debug.txt file.
    4. Reset the Diablo III game folder permissions.
    5. Launch Diablo III.
  • If the game prompts to enter in your administrator username/password, hit Cancel.
  • If it doesn't it should load fine.
  • 6. Diablo III should load.
Reply Quote
Thanks Machkhan, that solved the problem.

To the people recommending other operating systems: so unhelpful and silly, it makes me sad to see people that don't have anything helpful to say and take the opportunity to turn this into offtopic nonsensical fanboyism.
Reply Quote
Worked for me!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cool. Thanks for verifying this. I'll send this feedback up to the appropriate team.
Reply Quote
in mountain lion i turned off gatekeeper and it fixed it for me....
Reply Quote
Having the same issue. Starting the game from the command line without the Blizz launcher worked, as did restarting the machine and hitting cancel when it asked for my admin credentials. I'm running Lion. Looks like Blizzard introduced an OS-X bug with the latest patch.

As for the Mac haters, I was a hardcore PC gamer for over a decade, always building my own gaming machines from scratch. Got a new job, they gave me a Mac laptop, I fell in love and bought an iMac for home, and have very few regrets gaming on it. I play everything on max settings and the hardware performs flawlessly. The real reason Macs aren't gaming machines is because not enough people have them for game dev teams to take writing games for the OS seriously, resulting in the Mac ports being buggy or never being made at all. Blizzard is a very notable exception, and their dedication to my new found favorite gaming platform is quite awesome.
Reply Quote
Restarting didn't work for me. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher. Works now.
Reply Quote
The fix worked for my on my late 2011 MacBook Pro. Thanks, MachKhan!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]